• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New here

Molluskk

that's dunban over there
Bells
Switch
3200-7404-0448
Heya I'm new here and I just got New Leaf today after getting rather bored with New Horizons and hearing good things about it. Any tips for starting out?
Also looking for friends, it would be nice to have others to play this game with :)

Hello 🙂! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here! As for tips, here's some I have:
  • You can't change your house location later, so pick somewhere you know you'll like
  • You also can't change your face later, besides using a Mii mask, which is very different. Search up a face guide while making your character
  • There should be a different looking fruit somewhere in town. DO NOT GET RID OF IT! This is a perfect fruit, and no other will naturally appear in your town if you remove it unless you got one from someone else's town. You should keep it and plant it later so you can harvest and get even more. Keep in mind that after harvesting a perfect fruit tree too many times, it will die and will either need to be cut down and replaced or revived with fertilizer, which you only get at the last upgrade of Nookling Junction
  • Nookling Junction upgrades when you spend enough there
  • Villagers will move in anywhere there is space, even over trees and flowers
Hmm, well that's all I can think of right now. My friend code is 0705-7797-9360.

Hello 🙂! Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here! As for tips, here's some I have:
  • You can't change your house location later, so pick somewhere you know you'll like
  • You also can't change your face later, besides using a Mii mask, which is very different. Search up a face guide while making your character
  • There should be a different looking fruit somewhere in town. DO NOT GET RID OF IT! This is a perfect fruit, and no other will naturally appear in your town if you remove it unless you got one from someone else's town. You should keep it and plant it later so you can harvest and get even more. Keep in mind that after harvesting a perfect fruit tree too many times, it will die and will either need to be cut down and replaced or revived with fertilizer, which you only get at the last upgrade of Nookling Junction
  • Nookling Junction upgrades when you spend enough there
  • Villagers will move in anywhere there is space, even over trees and flowers
Hmm, well that's all I can think of right now. My friend code is 0705-7797-9360.
Thanks for the tips but I've already gotten through the whole sorta tutorial bit. I did not know the significance of the perfect fruit until I looked it up after I sold it 💀 I hate myself for that /j

I'll send you a friend request now btw

Back