• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird things you thought as a kid.

i thought when people kiss they get a baby, and birthing didn't hurt. boy, do i know now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait I NEVER HAD CHILDREN I JUST MEANT- never mind

my grandmother had these two paintings of fairies hanging on her wall..I always thought the fairies were real...then my cousin told me it was true..they were real and they lived in our uncles brown hat...he kept his hat on a high shelf and when you're five everything seems so out of reach, so I would just sit on the floor staring up at that brown hat all day...imagining the fairies inside drinking tea and eating cake..

I thought teachers lived in school because they were poor, and that my dad was also my mom's dad. I also that Vienna sausages were penises after I figured out meat came from animals and wouldn't eat them.

When I was a kid, I thought penguins were about 5 feet tall. And by "when I was a kid" I mean "throughout my entire childhood up until about a month ago".

Until i was like a freshman in high school, I didn't know jackalopes weren't real. It wasn't until I googled them and saw that they were described as "mythical animals" that I realized that they didn't actually exist. I'm still sad about it tbh.

I also used to think if a woman was married, she could randomly get pregnant at any given time.

Every night i think about my existence and my purpose I often dream that I'm all alone and survive thr apocalypse

When i was little, there was this neighborhood that had big houses and buildings that were white, and i always thought the white house was just casually in that neighborhood. i thought that every time i would pass it while going to school in the morning in elementary school. i'm in Texas so obviously the white house can't be down here xD

A lot of stupid things lol
**Pencils break because I made them sad
**Fries were salty because I coated them in ketchup
**Pregnancy was caused by intense making out(guess i wasn't too off lol)
**Eyes can actually be poked out
**Bees were spider's biggest enemy
**Kids who ate pb and j with the crust were bada$$es

I used to believe that people who appeared on TV could watch me, like the same way I was watching them, they could watch me. I also used to believe that when a couple got married a baby would randomly pop up in the mother's womb and that was how kids were born. Apart from that and I guess inspired by toy story, I also thought my toys had feelings and everything lol

Since my mom loves gardening I always assumed she worked in gardening. Often when we'd go somewhere by car, my dad would mention we'd pass my mom's work. I always thought she worked in this HUGE building just because I saw a big plant in front of the window lol! She obviously did not work there heheh

i thought that people got married to their siblings. my mom said that's not what people do. later on, i discovered some people actually do that...

I though there were tiny people in the faucet in the bathtub and that there was a bunch of ramen in the faucet water but it just never came out and that there was a girl on a wooden raft who was sad because her mother turned into a ramen monster.

I thought the UK only consisted of London, and I was pretty surprised to hear there were other places but London.

when i was 4, i thought that people got married to their siblings. my mom quickly told me that isn't what people do. later, when i was 10, i found out that some people do marry their siblings...

Back