• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers that get way too much hate

I still can't believe this thread became so popular so fast (over 500 views in 2 days).

This thread has really helped me gain a new perspective when it comes to treating certain villagers. I'm guilty of being a hater but, from now on I'll do my best to treat all the villagers properly. (つ﹏<)・゚。

a lot of people think katt is really ugly, but i wouldn't mind having her in my town! she looks sweet.
also i didn't know there was so much hate towards jambette. i had her in my population growing town a long time ago and didn't mind her.

Coco, maybe? Many people say she's creepy but I kinda like that about her, she's just very different.

I think all of the jocks in general get a lot of hate. I'm not too fond of jocks myself but when you a tiny animal like a mouse as a jock, you can't help but laugh and support the little guy

I've seen some hate on Limberg before but like,, he's a sweetie pie. I had him in my first town and I loved him...I miss him a lot tbh :(

I feel like I'm the only person who likes Paula. I'm biased because I love bears, but she just looks like a cute hippie to me with her hair and her headband and all. She was one of the first villagers to move in after my starting villagers and I was quite pleased. The uchi personality I have mixed feelings about, I guess (I have Frita in my town too) but for now I have no plans to get rid of Paula and I think she's cute.

I personally don't like Coco since she is emotionless and look like a bunny version of the Redead from Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I expected more dynamic bunnies from the normal personality and she is the only one, not worth keeping her since she barelly can react to emotions.

I had Bubbles in my town and was a keeper, but I heard people disliked her due how she looks.
A hipo who two snooty characters (Amelia and Gwen) thought it was male.

She was humorous like any peppy character, but left when I played in a 3DS which had the incorrect data.

But, fine, I got space for Charlise who moved from Mensana.

A lot of Gorillas get hate, but I mean.. you know, heh

I think Katt is actually based on the comic Cathy by Cathy Guisewite. Which is why I like Katt, but maybe that's just my theory.

c19b68fdf96472e269f2dc34f3c7b2b9.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of my villagers could count under the too much hate description. Especially in my first town, where only one of my villagers ranks above the not popular Tier 5.

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, I found the story I mentioned when I started this thread. It's called "Jambette - A Sad Story". It was posted in The Museum section by nekosync two years ago.

Last edited:
TBH, the whole Tier List is one of the problems, for a lot of AC players, if there not Top Tier or 2nd top, people hate them, I mean, I have one Top Tier, from a camper, before I even knew about the tiers. Imo, Villagers get hate for no reason other than "But Sparrow isn't top tier, hes baaaad" For reals guys? Come on

I know this one is pretty much everywhere but Pietro he is so cool I lost him in my old town and I was upset for a long time. I love him so much. I hate how people hate him

I think my most favorite is Beardo, which I've probably said like 12 times by now. I understand why people think he is creepy, but to me, villagers' resemblance to things are just looks. All of them have such sweet and innocent personalities that can't change because they are programmed, haha. It's too bad that it's ok for Marshal to be smug (flirty), but not for the smugs with more hair. I just think their hair is hilarious. All the stashes and fashions to me are tongue in cheek.

While I don't think they get too much hate, I do feel that most of the smug villagers don't get as much love as what I initially though either. Sure, there's villagers like Julian and Marshal, and while I do think they deserve a lot of the praise they get, everybody else is either ignored or smug villagers like Beardo or Quillson get bashed on way too much by certain players. It's a shame, because the smug personality is very hilarious. Not to mention all of the ridiculous clothing they wear and those silly moustaches/beards that some smugs have. lol

I think my most favorite is Beardo, which I've probably said like 12 times by now. I understand why people think he is creepy, but to me, villagers' resemblance to things are just looks. All of them have such sweet and innocent personalities that can't change because they are programmed, haha. It's too bad that it's ok for Marshal to be smug (flirty), but not for the smugs with more hair. I just think their hair is hilarious. All the stashes and fashions to me are tongue in cheek.
Yeah, how hypocritical is THAT.

When I saw this thread I automatically thought of Jambette, I had her in my town before I came on this forum. I really liked her and I didn't mind the big lips at all. She was so sweet. I was kinda shocked when I joined this forum and saw how much hate she gets. I don't really know how much people hate Canberra, but I haven't really seen someone on here who wants her in their town. Canberra was my favorite villager when I just got the game, sure she's not gorgeous or anything, but just like Jambette she's kind and cute. Of course there are way more, but the list would be too long..

CNnfSRDUYAAew1n.jpg
Wart Jr. is another villager that seems to be generally disliked.I'm not sure if it's because he's a frog or because of his chronic skin condition.Villagers being judged by what they look like is one of the ways this game mirrors society.I suppose that's why there's so many "least favorite villager" and "what villager do you hate?" threads on these boards.

Back