• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers that get way too much hate

Gigi, the Anteaters, Tipper, Drago, Cranston, Queenie, Bertha, Bubbles & Tabby. -.-
I forgot about Freckles! I love her!

Last edited:
I think Katt kind of gets too much hate. She may not be the most appealing villager but shes not that ugly. Shes actually a really nice villager and I would be upset if she were to move of my town.
Katt is one of the most underrated villagers out there. She was the first villager to move into my first town after I did. By the way, I didn't think this thread would get so many replies in so short a time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gigi, the Anteaters, Tipper, Drago, Cranston, Queenie, Bertha, Bubbles & Tabby. -.-
I forgot about Freckles! I love her!
Bertha is one of my original villagers in my first town. I think she's easily the best looking hippo in the game, and I love the normal personality. I'm never letting her go.

The two I see get a lot of hate and personally can't understand are Hazel and Camofrog. Sure Hazel has a unibrow, but it doesn't take much away from what is a otherwise really good design. And Camofrog I just find really interesting and not ugly in the slightest.

In a way, I think Marshal gets too much hate. I know he's a popular villager, but that seems to be the reason why he gets a lot of hate. He's a cute little marshmallow who doesn't deserve any hate :c

As for Marshall most people hate him just because they're sick of people going on about how good and apparently "cute" he is treating him like he's better than the other villagers, same goes for Julian. They wouldn't get so much hate if his fan's just shut up a little bit. I mean it's fine to have a favourite and all but he's a squirrel not god.

Last edited:
The two I see get a lot of hate and personally can't understand are Hazel and Camofrog. Sure Hazel has a unibrow, but it doesn't take much away from what is a otherwise really good design. And Camofrog I just find really interesting and not ugly in the slightest.

As for Marshall most people hate him just because they're sick of people going on about how good and apparently "cute" he is treating him like he's better than the other villagers, same goes for Julian.
But don't forget Marshal has been a Tier 1 villager for as long as New Leaf has been in release, pretty much. I'm talking about villagers that nobody seems to like. Your first two choices (Hazel and Camofrog) fit perfectly in that category however.

It's sad that Hazel gets so much hate... I don't think her unibrow makes her look bad, it's actually kind of cute in a unique way. I don't have her in my town, and she's not a dream villager for me, but if I had 8 villagers and she was in my campsite, I definitely wouldn't turn her away <3

I think Paula also gets a lot of hate, but for good reason :mad: I've had Paula for as long as I've had my town. Everyone else in town has been moved out and replaced except Paula! I hate her so much, and I've been trying to get her to leave town for AGES. Today she finally pings me saying she wants to move, and I'm about to bust out into the Shrunk Shuffle then and there to celebrate, when she says she reconsidered x_x (her house in in such a bad spot too...)

Moose definitely gets waaaay too much hate. I don't have him right now because I already have too many other villagers I want to get but he was one of my original villagers in Lunavila and he means so much to me...

Same here! I love Moose so much ^u^ He's such a big sweetheart, and it makes me sad when people call him disgusting... :(

I have to agree on Jambette. She was the first villager I thought of as well. There sure are lots of villagers that are disliked but I actually haven't seen that many get actual hate. But Jambette is definitely one of those who do. I like her myself and I'm sad I lost her yesterday due to TTing carelessly. Well at least I still have her in my other town!

I don't think Diva has been mentioned in this thread yet but I do definitely think she gets hate. Gigi and Katt seem very unpopular as well. I like Gigi a lot personally. She's become one of my favorite snooties.

I'd say a good amount of villagers that wear flamboyant make up get some hate, which is a shame considering that the make up really adds to their design. However unpopular species prob get the most hate. Species like gorillas, mice, cows etc.

I kinda have to disagree with people saying Hazel and Katt are hated. From my point of view these two are like the most adored ''uglies'' with a huge ''cult following'' type of thing going on. I see many more people complaining about the hate those two get than I get people actually hating them.

I dunno how much hate he gets, but I know Phil's lowest tier. He moved into my old game and I couldn't part with him... And then I lost my game of course.

Pfft then when I was searching around for him, some guy mentioned he had him and he was a jerk. It just made me giggle since he's one of my favorites > u <

Rasher gets a lot of hate but I find him really cute and lovable.

Quillson gets too much hate from a lot of people, but I love him for his unique character design and hilarious personality. He's also one of my first villagers ever!

I also really like Rasher, Gigi and Diva.

In a way, I think Marshal gets too much hate. I know he's a popular villager, but that seems to be the reason why he gets a lot of hate. He's a cute little marshmallow who doesn't deserve any hate :c

I just thought of this..
Just because Marshal has some haters, doesn't mean it's the same as someone hating on Hazel, Jambette, Al and Barold.
I admit that I don't like Jambette, Al and Barold myself; alot of times when these villagers show up in others towns, these people are like:

'eww, Hazel and her unibrow moved into my town'

While Marshal get either praised or hated (which is hardly this one).

all the frogs
especially jambette like there are so much hate about her because of her lips and eyelids )'': sstop

I never understood all the hate for Limberg or Jambette. I had both of them in my town before and they were lovely additions and had their own admirable quirks despite being 'ugly'. Jambette's house design is really cute too so that made liking her easier.

Hazel, the poor baby! I think shes absolutely adorable qwq

Back