• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something that grinds your gears?

UnlikelyPenguin

I eat pinecones
Bells
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Hot Feather
Tasty Cake
Mint
White Cosmos
Yellow Candy
You know what grinds my gears? Overpricing for Collectables! Bruh. You have 20 Popsicles! And I'm not rich! The system doesn't make sense! Many common Collectables are sold for more than what many people have so don't expect it to get sold anytime soon. Let's just sell Collectables for what there sold for in the store (or is that not how it works) So that is what grinds my gears. No offense to anyone! :) Just a useless rant. So what grinds your guys gears?

Please do what your want. Don't let me stop you. :)

You know what grinds my gears? Overpricing for Collectables! Bruh. You have 20 Popsicles! And I'm not rich! The system doesn't make sense! Many common Collectables are sold for more than what many people have so don't expect it to get sold anytime soon. Let's just sell Collectables for what there sold for in the store (or is that not how it works) So that is what grinds my gears. No offense to anyone! :) Just a useless rant. So what grinds your guys gears?

Please do what your want. Don't let me stop you. :)

Then what's the point of selling collectibles if you make no profit from it?

Anyway, what gets on my nerves is when people ask a question with a not-so-obvious answer, and someone responds to it all annoyed like and ending it with ellipses.

Like someone going

"Hey, what's the most optimized size for a workshop in prison architect?"

"It's 12x20......"

God I get so angry reading it

Last edited:
You know what grinds my gears?

People not spaying or neutering their dogs, because they want to breed them for profit. Like, no. That's evil. Not murderer evil, but still within one of the nine circles of Hell. Just my opinion that irks me.

People that are extremely boring, basically all my teachers in summer school atm.

what gets me is when adults act like their time growing up back in the day was so perfect and innocent i mean seriously things are bad now but stuff was happening in your generation too and another thing really gets on my nerves when parents or any adult period says that young people don't know anything about music etc i mean they act like well you don't know anything about growing up in my generation well no duh but that doesn't mean we don't do research on those periods of time.

What really grinds my gears recently is not being able to get my town to look the way I want it to. I'm trying to go for a natural look and it's just ending up really grid-like in most places. I've figured out some areas but others are just seemingly beyond repair ; A ;

Kids with terrible grammar on the internet. I'm funny about grammar and manners and it kills me for some reason.

when i drag my ass up and out of bed and pay my bus fare for the 45 minute long journey to school only to find out that my lesson(s) have been cancelled so i have to walk 30 minutes into town and pay more money and spend more time on the bus journey back.

****** sales assistants. I was in a clothing store the other day trying on jeans and I wanted the jeans I tried on in black.

The sales assistant tried to tell me that these jeans that were made of a totally different fabric and the style was called something else were exactly the same jeans. I showed her the tag and she still wouldn't admit she was wrong!

She said, 'I think i would know i work here.'

I said 'Ok then, but they are not the same style.'

People who won't admit they are wrong grind my gears.

People who are easily offended and take everything personally grind my gears.

Person: Help! I think I might have (insert disorder here)!

Me: It's better to see a professional instead of asking random strangers online.

Person: That's not what I wanted to hear! You're being mean.

WTF.

Last edited:
lately, what's been grinding my gears is my friend who keeps ignoring my text, claiming they'll call me later but it never happens. if you don't want to hang out with me, then just say it

lately, what's been grinding my gears is my friend who keeps ignoring my text, claiming they'll call me later but it never happens. if you don't want to hang out with me, then just say it

lol i feel you. i had this kind of friend once. its kinda different in my case. she texted me and asked if i wanna go out with her but when i texted her the night before we are gonna hang out she said that she couldnt make it because she is going to hong kong. WTF? it was true because i saw pictures of her in hong kong on Instagram. she also told me he would hang out with me after returning from the trip but that never happened. i even texted her and she didnt reply. that ******.

What really grinds my gears is when people get away with breaking TBT forum rules but someone else gets in trouble for calling out on it!

A lot of things really, I hate when people are blatantly racist/homophobic/etc. which is bad enough, but when they deny it and act offended that you called them racist or something, like really?

It also really grinds my gears when people in shops or on the street and things stand and talk and literally take up the whole isle, like you can see I want past? It's so rude and inconsiderate tbh, you could at least stand to the side but no, now i have to walk all the way round the shop just because you wouldn't move, thanks buddy.

People who are unable to deal with disagreement. Apparently, every discussion has to turn into a fight only because I've a different opinion than you. Good luck finding a person that agrees with you on every aspect of life.

Last edited:
Back