What's something that grinds your gears?

Whenever I see someone intentionally leave their trash outside like it's no big deal really grinds my gears. Like do you have any decency!? You just littered! Are you that lazy to find a trash bin? Even if they just throw something small like a candy wrapper on the ground I still get angry, because it still shows that they have no respect for the environment.

Last edited:
Lying. Like, I find it hilarious when someone says "I'll never lie to you", but then they do and they're like, "I promise I won't lie to you ever again from now on". It's like someone on a diet biting into the world's largest chocolate cake saying "I'll start my diet tomorrow" but they still have plenty of cake left so yeah bruh that ain't happening.

Procrastination + lying = Bye. :')

When people ask you a question, or opinion and completely ignores your answer
Like:
Are you okay if I....
No, not really.
And they do whatever anyway. There's so much more I hate too.

I really hate when people hate something because it's popular to hate on it (bandwagoning) or because of its fanbase. It just makes me think that these kind of people don't form their own opinion and just agree with everything they read on the internet.
Undertale is huge for this. It's an absolutely fantastic game, but people hate on it entirely because of its fanbase. How about play the game and have a mind of yourself?

On that note, I hate hive minds on the internet :)

It grinds my gears when people refuse to listen to anyone who disagrees with them, instead opting to scream that they're wrong and I'm right.

Also, when people type "could/should/would of" I want to teleport to wherever they are and throw an English textbook at their face.

Hunger Games in Minecraft. My brother is obsessed with it, and it's nothing like the books. They add all this crap that doesn't make sense. "One minute peace", wtf? Minecraft players just label Hunger Games on anything that involves killing, and the book is so much more than that. They completely disregard what a work of art the books are. This may seem stupid, but it annoys the hell out of me.

People who proudly go trumpeting their opinions that family bonds are so strong and in some cases more important than friend/partner/etc. ones. You don't choose your parents and sometime you have a hard time getting rid of them and a lot of people may never do even if they would feel better if such, also if your parents are abusive or can't give you love they are not "so strong".

People who proudly go trumpeting their opinions that family bonds are so strong and in some cases more important than friend/partner/etc. ones. You don't choose your parents and sometime you have a hard time getting rid of them and a lot of people may never do even if they would feel better if such, also if your parents are abusive or can't give you love they are not "so strong".

This, and also when someone says they hate their parent and somebody reacts like "but you can't hate your parent! They put you on this world, respect your parents!!" it's really insensitive, like you don't know someone's reasons for not liking their parents, so leave them alone please?

This, and also when someone says they hate their parent and somebody reacts like "but you can't hate your parent! They put you on this world, respect your parents!!" it's really insensitive, like you don't know someone's reasons for not liking their parents, so leave them alone please?

Yeah, sometimes it can be whiny youths but yes you have to look at serious cases here, parents are not angels taking care of you and they have as many duties against us as we have looking up to them. Sometimes that fails really bad and you get reasons to not like them and they don't deserve the respect anymore. Also we didn't beg them to us here, they need to stop glorifying the aspects of being a parent and how you can do what you want because of it.

What grinds my gears, is when you recommend say a TV show or a song to your friend, and you tell them how great it is and all that and they refuse to watch it just because you talk about it so often. Like please, I want you to experience the greatness with me. Slow walkers also grind my gears mainly because i'm quite a fast walker - even when I'm not in a rush to go somewhere and i'm actually quite early I still get annoyed because they're in my path. In addition, I also get annoyed at those who take up a whole path on the walkway since I just don't find any need to do it. They could just walk in a single file.

when it gets too crowded to the pound where i have no choice but to constantly be pushed around by people. this just drastically raises the chances of getting an anxiety attack, and school assemblies are a perfect example.

Emotionally abusive parents. As a parent, you are supposed to love and accept your kid for who they are (unless they are in danger of course).

When you love something that isnt popular so you dont get a lot of merch to choose from.

When your electronic item is decently new and it stops working.

Getting sick for no reason.

Animal abuse.

When someone thinks their opinion of you matters and tries to knock you down.

When people litter or hurt then environment.

When people arent hygenic.

Gas prices.

Horrible drivers.

When people stress over stupid crap.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Slow drivers irritate me the most on this planet, I feel.

THIIIIISSSS. I cant believe I forgot!

It is a 50/km zone. For the love of god, why the hell are you going 30/km? I cant take that crap man. It only happens when you are in a one lane street where you cannot pass them. Ticks me off. I would rather have fast drivers than slow ones. Honestly.

What grinds my gears is:

1. Abusive people (I'm currently being emotionally abused by a jerk at my school. I only realized it recently, and I don't know how to escape from them)
2. Animal abuse (makes me more sad than mad, also this is starting to be like the last person's post)
3. When you have an amazing idea and you tell someone, but then they use your idea and take credit for it!
4. When no one will come into my blanket fort (that I'm currently chilling in) and hang out with me
5. When all your friends are on vacation and you're lonely
6. My bad habit of staying up all night till I finally go to sleep around 5 in the morning
7. When I wake up at 2 in the afternoon
8. Donald Trump
9. Adolf Hitler
10. School
11. When my art doesn't start improving

And that about sums it up.

ppl who chew really loud.. especially when they do it on purpose!!

also it grinds my gears/makes me sad when i watch live performances & realize i'll never be able to be at one of those concerts

Constantly being reminded of how much time is left for something. I start going into panic mode and giving myself a small anxiety attack of things that shouldn't be a big deal, but my brain says otherwise because time is just that important to me.

-folks who insist on being extremely condescending to bring someone else down
-emotionally abusive parents
-people who react so negatively when others say they hate their parents. you dont know their situation.
-people who chew loudly, people who whisper, and people who crinkle wrappers. literally stop.
-slow drivers
-subtweets. oh my god. talk to them or hush.

Only recently I've fully understood and noticed it; when something popular uses a common idea, something else uses it and suddenly it's a rip off -~-

Social justice warriors, feminism in general, "healthy at any size", people way overusing the word racism and applying it to situations where it wasn't present to begin with, how single moms are being glorified in our country, political correctness, words like homophobia and transphobia (why is someone automatically afraid because they disagree with something or have an aversion to it?), made up genders (two spirit? Really???), and so many other things relating to American culture.

Back