• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask a Mori cloner

Oh wow that is awesome! So what would you do if your plants died or starting to wilt?

the only time my plants start to wilt its because i forgot to water them, they usually get back to normal when i give them a drink. as for the occasional plant death, it's sad but i just grow a replacement and move on.

I always feel like I am overwatering my indoor plants. I was trying to keep a some potted basil over the winter, but most of it died off, I have two stalks left which look very sad in it's large pot. The succulent I'm sure I was watering too much, since they don't need much water, right?

But is there a good way to tell if I am over- or under-watering my indoor plants? Or perhaps, there was just not enough daylight over the winter to satisfy them?

I always feel like I am overwatering my indoor plants. I was trying to keep a some potted basil over the winter, but most of it died off, I have two stalks left which look very sad in it's large pot. The succulent I'm sure I was watering too much, since they don't need much water, right?

But is there a good way to tell if I am over- or under-watering my indoor plants? Or perhaps, there was just not enough daylight over the winter to satisfy them?

Most succulents don't need as much watering as other plants because they can retain water in their thick leaves and roots. A good way to tell if youre over/under-watering your plants is some leaves will start to turn brown at the tip and healthy leaves may start falling off. you can check if your plants need water by feeling an inch or 2 down in the soil, if its moist then don't water them yet try checking back in the next day, if its completely dry then water until you see it draining through the holes on the bottom of the pot, then dont water again until 2-3 days have passed.

For succulents, try watering when the soil is bone dry, give it a pretty good amount of water and don't water them again until you see that the soil is completely dry. as for winter/summer watering, try not to water the plants as much in the winter because there probably wont be as much sun to help dry out the soil, and water your plants a bit more frequently during the summer so they dont get too burnt out by the sun. (speaking of burnt out, be careful of keeping your plant in the sun for too long in the summer, they can get sunburned just like we can, i had to learn that the hard way.)

I recommend you do some research when buying/growing a new plant and find out its specific needs, some plants need more care than others.

Last edited:
How do you save a cactus when it's already begun rotting?

interesting question! Ive actually had a cactus before but i kinda stopped caring for it and it died so im probs not the best person when it comes to cacti, Ive heard that if you cut off a part of the cactus that is still healthy and let the wound dry out (which might take a week or several weeks) you can replant it again and it should grow back in a few months, dont water it either if you had to cut it off the bottom, a plant with no roots take up no water, if you had to cut it from the top then i think it should be fine if you just leave it like that and make sure the plant is in a dry well ventilated area so the wound can just dry out and not get infected again.

As mentioned above im not really the best with cacti so i recommend looking up a guide from someone who actually knows about cacti, best of luck with your cactus friend!

If you were a grass type gym leader/elite four what grass pokemon would you have? Which one would be your main pokemon?

If you were a grass type gym leader/elite four what grass pokemon would you have? Which one would be your main pokemon?

venusaur
chesnaught
serperior
leafeon
decidueye
mega garchomp (yes i know hes not grass type but i dont care, my sweet chomp has to be on the team no matter what)

I'd pretty much be an easy win. how i got to be gym leader, not even i know.

venusaur
chesnaught
serperior
leafeon
decidueye
mega garchomp (yes i know hes not grass type but i dont care, my sweet chomp has to be on the team no matter what)

I'd pretty much be an easy win. how i got to be gym leader, not even i know.

You got through Trainer School

Back