• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dumbest thing you've ever done/thought

There are a few towns that I sincerely regret resetting...one in City Folk most of all. I honestly don't know why I did it!!! ;_;

I thought when catching a fish, you had to press A over and over again rather than just once.

I thought Resetti would go away if I turned off and on over and over again.

I time traveled, which caused my favorite villagers to move away.

I made like 50,000 bells when playing AC:CF one time, and I just turned off the TV when I stopped playing instead of saving and quitting. There was a power outage a few hours later and I lost the bells as well as items I got when hitting down balloons.

We had 2 years worth of pictures on CF, and when trying to save one photo, I was in a bit of a hurry, and I accidentally clicked "Delete All" and "Yes". 2 years of pictures were lost. Why is there a delete all button?!

Calling my first WW town 'mytown' and my first CF town Cardiff (after the capital of Wales). I was such a creative kid back then.

Also, Idk if even talking about hacks/cheating isn't allowed on here (even if you don't do it anymore), or just actually hacking/cheating isn't allowed. I would say another dumb thing I did in AC if talking about doing it years ago on an older AC game is OK. I just don't want to lose my precious TBT because of a rule that isn't really specific

I put my location as a town name, thinking you're supposed to.
I would run away from animals thinking they wanted to kill me
I didn't know the animals talked
I couldn't skake a tree for a day
I let marshal and stitches go without selling them!!!
When I first joined belltree, I thought selling villagers were putting them in retail
I sold unorderables
I wanted to put my house on the beach
I thought cyrus was reese's daughter who went in a coma when doing her 'homework'.

Plotting my house right where the tree bearing the single perfect orange was ; ^ ;
I was so mad at myself omfg

I ate the only perfect fruit you get at the start of the game.
I put PWP's in the most random dumb places and the most random dumb PWP's.

Dumbest thing I did with the original was being scared that Resetti would really reset my game. One day I was brave enough to test it...and IT DELETED COMPLETELY!!

jk it was fine. I just felt dumb spending so long actually worrying about Resetti.

Played ACWW done a whole year of progress, got all debts paid off, best town, all golden tools, everything. Went online ONCE, game corrupted lost everything could'nt get it back so I sold it to a game store. Never played that game ever again.

i caught the coelacanth after hours of camping for it in the original gamecube version, and i didn't even save after i caught it.

During the month of tarantula appearing in your town, i never expected such thing crawling around my town and the first time i saw it, it was chasing after me as I had my net and it scared the hell outta me (heart was literally beating faster) cuz it was dark.

Around that time I had Agnes in my town and at one point at another night, her head popped up from the bottom of the screen as i was running around and she scared the daylights out of me once again (jumped a little off my chair), thought she was a tarantula... `_` seriously the way that thing sounds and crawls is scaryyy ; n;

Last edited:
When I was little playing animal crossing I thought that;

-being mean to my villagers was good for entertainment
-tryin to push villagers off the cliff

-writing swear words in my letter to my villagers then one of my
friends came over to my town and read my letter and laughed so hard

-that pretending to be sad in the game does nothing
-trying to make a villager fall in love with me

ahahah, ohmy

Not really an in-game thing but I sold my copy of Animal Crossing for the Gamecube many years ago and I regret it now. I sold it for nuggets too because Gamestop has a horrible used games program (seriously, you're better off selling on craigslist or ebay if possible). I'm going to try to buy a copy on eBay when I get more funds and play mostly for nostalgia.

Back