Dumbest thing you've ever done/thought

There are a few towns that I sincerely regret resetting...one in City Folk most of all. I honestly don't know why I did it!!! ;_;

I thought when catching a fish, you had to press A over and over again rather than just once.

I thought Resetti would go away if I turned off and on over and over again.

I time traveled, which caused my favorite villagers to move away.

I made like 50,000 bells when playing AC:CF one time, and I just turned off the TV when I stopped playing instead of saving and quitting. There was a power outage a few hours later and I lost the bells as well as items I got when hitting down balloons.

We had 2 years worth of pictures on CF, and when trying to save one photo, I was in a bit of a hurry, and I accidentally clicked "Delete All" and "Yes". 2 years of pictures were lost. Why is there a delete all button?!

Calling my first WW town 'mytown' and my first CF town Cardiff (after the capital of Wales). I was such a creative kid back then.

Also, Idk if even talking about hacks/cheating isn't allowed on here (even if you don't do it anymore), or just actually hacking/cheating isn't allowed. I would say another dumb thing I did in AC if talking about doing it years ago on an older AC game is OK. I just don't want to lose my precious TBT because of a rule that isn't really specific

I put my location as a town name, thinking you're supposed to.
I would run away from animals thinking they wanted to kill me
I didn't know the animals talked
I couldn't skake a tree for a day
I let marshal and stitches go without selling them!!!
When I first joined belltree, I thought selling villagers were putting them in retail
I sold unorderables
I wanted to put my house on the beach
I thought cyrus was reese's daughter who went in a coma when doing her 'homework'.

Plotting my house right where the tree bearing the single perfect orange was ; ^ ;
I was so mad at myself omfg

I ate the only perfect fruit you get at the start of the game.
I put PWP's in the most random dumb places and the most random dumb PWP's.

Dumbest thing I did with the original was being scared that Resetti would really reset my game. One day I was brave enough to test it...and IT DELETED COMPLETELY!!

jk it was fine. I just felt dumb spending so long actually worrying about Resetti.

Played ACWW done a whole year of progress, got all debts paid off, best town, all golden tools, everything. Went online ONCE, game corrupted lost everything could'nt get it back so I sold it to a game store. Never played that game ever again.

i caught the coelacanth after hours of camping for it in the original gamecube version, and i didn't even save after i caught it.

During the month of tarantula appearing in your town, i never expected such thing crawling around my town and the first time i saw it, it was chasing after me as I had my net and it scared the hell outta me (heart was literally beating faster) cuz it was dark.

Around that time I had Agnes in my town and at one point at another night, her head popped up from the bottom of the screen as i was running around and she scared the daylights out of me once again (jumped a little off my chair), thought she was a tarantula... `_` seriously the way that thing sounds and crawls is scaryyy ; n;

Last edited:
When I was little playing animal crossing I thought that;

-being mean to my villagers was good for entertainment
-tryin to push villagers off the cliff

-writing swear words in my letter to my villagers then one of my
friends came over to my town and read my letter and laughed so hard

-that pretending to be sad in the game does nothing
-trying to make a villager fall in love with me

ahahah, ohmy

Not really an in-game thing but I sold my copy of Animal Crossing for the Gamecube many years ago and I regret it now. I sold it for nuggets too because Gamestop has a horrible used games program (seriously, you're better off selling on craigslist or ebay if possible). I'm going to try to buy a copy on eBay when I get more funds and play mostly for nostalgia.

Back