Dumbest thing you've ever done/thought

pastellrain

creator of whimsica
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Here are some of mine

-resetting the game while I was traveling to another memory card's game on the GameCube. Just because my character got a bee sting and it freaked me out so bad. I thought they literally lost their eye. I lost all my items because I reset, and my character gained a hollow, gaping gyroid face and I was terrified of the game ever since.
Their face looked something like this:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9wdwdP2121rrrnh1o1_500.png

-I used to make my character eat turnips. I was too young to figure out what that boar who sold them to me was jabbering about. I also found it really satisfying for some reason to watch my character eat.

-I used to think the biggest fish in the game was the width of the entre river.

-I thought there was only one pelican lady at the post office, and sometimes she was mean and sometimes she was nice

-I thought your character could get sick if they went out in the rain without an umbrella.

-I didn't realize the pun "Nook's Cranny" until embarrassingly recently. I knew what a nook was, I just never noticed that Nook's name was that exact word for some reason .__. I also pronounced his name in a way that rhymed with "spook".

My biggest mistake in the game, was when I was cycling a villager out for a dreamie. I wasn't paying attention and next thing you know, my baby Flora was in boxes. It still upsets me to this day.

When I was about 10, I reset my very first town that I had had for years, thinking that I would simply start fresh with the exact same map and starter villagers. I didn't know that every time you reset the game, you got a new town and villagers. I was absolutely devistated. I wish I could go back and slap myself across the face for that dumb move. And what's worse is that I literally reset my town just because Champ moved in. How stupid of me!

My biggest mistake was working real hard for bells, then giving them to my kids so they could pay off their loans. What was I teaching them by doing that ? LOL.

I wish I hadn't started time traveling in the older games. I didn't have the patience to wait for certain fish, bugs, holidays, and seasons.

Watching as my favorite villagers packed up and left me. I'll get them back one day!

Hmm, probably all the ways I abused the island in the original game to make scads of money. I barely even used all of it properly, but I was still making scores of cash to break the economy, but not actually playing the game by that point... Still, that style of play has rubbed off on me since I passively just let fruit grow in my town then gather it all up when I feel like playing again.

This was in Wild World, but I didn't know how to make money so I would mail villagers an orange every day and hoped to get a carpet so I could sell it to Nook to pay off the rent.

I didn't know what moving meant when I first got City Folk, so when Gloria told me she was moving, I thought she meant that she was just going to move her house to a new spot in town. When her house completely disappeared from town, I was shocked. XD

In ACGC, I remember I got alot of money from selling random furniture to villagers (they bought it for like 30-80k no joke). I also got a deer shirt, something that i spent alot of time looking for. It was pretty late so I was heading home to save, then go to bed when I saw a random text box pop up. I thought maybe I was talking to a villager behind a tree or something, but instead of name it had a bunch of question marks. The textbox asked "um....could you come a littler closer? please?" Naturally I flipped the **** out and shut the game off. I didn't care if resetti yelled at me, I just wanted to gtfo of there. So yeah after that I didn't play the game at night. Not until I got the guide book, explaining what the hell that was. Jc that was some creepy pasta ****.

In ACGC, I remember I got alot of money from selling random furniture to villagers (they bought it for like 30-80k no joke). I also got a deer shirt, something that i spent alot of time looking for. It was pretty late so I was heading home to save, then go to bed when I saw a random text box pop up. I thought maybe I was talking to a villager behind a tree or something, but instead of name it had a bunch of question marks. The textbox asked "um....could you come a littler closer? please?" Naturally I flipped the **** out and shut the game off. I didn't care if resetti yelled at me, I just wanted to gtfo of there. So yeah after that I didn't play the game at night. Not until I got the guide book, explaining what the hell that was. Jc that was some creepy pasta ****.

asdfgh oh my godsh that would still freak me out even if I know what it was ; a;

one time my 3ds date/time reset and when i set it back the game thought it was 2016 instead of 2015.
if i actually read what date isabelle said it was then i couldve set the game's date back to 2015 and avoided pulling weeds. luckily nobody moved out and i still had perfect town status.
whoops!

I accidentally let T-Bone go. He never came back. My absolute best friend Ponocho moved out but eventually moved back in. I hope that happens to T-bone. Note to new players: always check in on your best friend in acnl whenever you can or they may move out and you stop playing acnl for like 2 weeks.

oh my god i would have like thrown the game in the bin after that
what even was it?

-I didn't realize the pun "Nook's Cranny" until embarrassingly recently. I knew what a nook was, I just never noticed that Nook's name was that exact word for some reason .__. I also pronounced his name in a way that rhymed with "spook".

Actually you know what, you're not entirely wrong about that pronunciation.

In the original game I thought Mr. Nook was a raccoon, but turns out he's actually an animal called a tanuki. And a tanuki is a type of raccoon dog, an animal closely related to a fox and not at all of a raccoon.

I forget when it started, but the American releases of AC have changed the Nooks from tanukis to raccoons for obvious cultural reasons. I just think it's funny because the way you originally pronounced Nook is the right way hahaha.

For some reason, I used to think that some guy would get rid of one of the rooms in your house if you chopped down too many trees.

I have no idea where I got that idea from. It probably had something to do with my brother and I finding it somewhere on the internet years ago, back when we believed that Waluigi was in Super Mario 64 DS. XD

When I first got into the series, I got Wild World and Population Growing used. I deleted both towns that belonged to their previous owners. I didn't even see what they looked like at first. I still regret it.

oh my god i would have like thrown the game in the bin after that
what even was it?

That would be Wisp. In Population Growing, you could meet Wisp any day of the week after 12 AM. If you're lucky, you'll start getting floating text boxes saying things like "Excuse me, could you come closer?" or "No, not that way..." He eventually appears out of thin air when you're right where he wants you to be. When you meet him, he tells you that he needs you to capture some spirits using your bug net. After catching enough spirits, you meet with Wisp and he will congratulate you by either giving you furniture, clothing, or by weeding your entire town. Unlike newer installments where he only appears on Halloween and you have to find the genie lamp to meet him. In New Leaf, he doesn't even exist at all! Not even a mention or cameo. Poor Wisp.

An old classmate had a hack module and filled my museum, gave me lots of bells and whatever you can hack into... I don't remember much of ACWW after that, because I lost interest completely.

Back