• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So, guess what

Watchingthetreetops

*~Rude intolerance here~*
Bells
I got a job. For those of you who don't know, I had been laid off from my previous one which has put me in a rather...tight situation, to say the least. No job equals no money which is detrimental to having an apartment, and other bills. And I liked my job, too. I got a job as a waitress, which....it'll get me by. I'll have to work long and hard but it'll get me by.

Honestly, I'm just relieved. And I wanted to share that with everyone. If you're going through any tough times, feel free to pm me and I'll help as much as I can, even if it seems trivial. You are all very thoughtful and supportive, and I know I'm sort of a shadow on here, but the fact that anyone listened in the first place when I mad my previous thread was helpful, even if no one could /physically/ help.

So how are you guys today?

ugh I was let go of my last job as well its very hard to get a job here in Canada

Congrats! Wednesday was my last day of work for a very long time because I'm going back to school in about 2 weeks :eek:

That's great. Congrats. :)

I just started a new job at the hospital as a house keeper. I'm thankful to be working full time, but I'm dreading going to work tomorrow. It will be my third day. It's hard for me to be around dying sickly people. My mother recently died from cancer, and that was the most horrible experience I have ever had. Seeing a loved one die is horrible, and some of these patients in ICU are in terrible shape. It breaks my heart to see them.

The hospital is huge and I get lost all the time. I know it will get easier, but it's just hard to get my work done when I can't find my way.

I have to take breaks with these other house keepers that are extremely grumpy and unfriendly. I can handle this , but it doesn't make the job any better.

The hours are long and my feet can't take the pain. I know this will get better with time.

Anyway. Like I said, I'm thankful to be working, and I know it will get better, but UGH. I am dreading tomorrow.

I just started a new job at the hospital as a house keeper. I'm thankful to be working full time, but I'm dreading going to work tomorrow. It will be my third day. It's hard for me to be around dying sickly people. My mother recently died from cancer, and that was the most horrible experience I have ever had. Seeing a loved one die is horrible, and some of these patients in ICU are in terrible shape. It breaks my heart to see them.

I relate to this so much since I go to school in a hospital and it can be very hard to be there every day. I also lost my mother to cancer. I hope you continue to adjust to your new job and feel at home there really soon.

congrats!! Waiting tables isn't that bad. I used to do it even though I'd dread it so much, but the time goes by fast and you get good money.

Hurray! Congrats on the job, and the one good thing about food service (read:the ONLY good thing) is that you get tips, and depending on where you're working it can be A LOT! I miss tips so much, I used to be able to use my tips for shopping and gas and food, but now every things on the card and I never have actual cash in my pocket since I work a desk job. I get tips very rarely, and most of the time it's things like candy and wine. Haha.

I recently quit my job (still have a week left) because of tough situations within the workplace. It was very physically and emotionally destructive. I never felt stressed out or anything, but it sure wasn't an aid to happiness. I don't think quitting will cure my current situation, but it's one less tax to pay.

Good luck in your new job. :) Being a waitress/hostess is a hard gig (speaking from experience). However, once you've been at a place long enough you gain a customer base and you ring in a lot of money in tips. More often than not you bring home more money than you would at a lot of entry/mid-level jobs.

I recently quit my job (still have a week left) because of tough situations within the workplace. It was very physically and emotionally destructive. I never felt stressed out or anything, but it sure wasn't an aid to happiness. I don't think quitting will cure my current situation, but it's one less tax to pay.

Good luck in your new job. :) Being a waitress/hostess is a hard gig (speaking from experience). However, once you've been at a place long enough you gain a customer base and you ring in a lot of money in tips. More often than not you bring home more money than you would at a lot of entry/mid-level jobs.

I've heard a lot about waitressing. I've got a sister who has been doing it for eight years. It's going to be tough, but I figure a) it'll be a good work out, b)it'll help me survive, and c) I'll get to work around home-made food. All of those things are pleasing.

I'm sorry to hear about the tough situations for both you and anyone trying to or currently working. I find social settings sometimes difficult, especially with fellow women, because I'm just...I'm just no good with women. To a point where I am actually scared of befriending them in real life. That aside, for everyone looking or working, I send positive thoughts your way.

Congrats! It's a tough job market out there. Nothing wrong. With taking something lower to get yourself by in the meantime.

I just started my new job in a hospital cafeteria last week. Tomorrow will be my 5th day. It's nice being back to work after having months of a gap. I can't stand being home all day.

Good job! I remember your earlier thread. I hope things get progressively better for you.

Back