• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Z Speculation Thread

That would be cool, but wouldn't Zygarde having a pre-evolution mean it's not a "true" legendary anymore??

No. If it got a pre evolution it wouldn't have anything to do with it's legendary status.

I still think theres gonna be another half to the kalos pokeddex. I guess its more wishful thinking...

If Phione didn't exist, I'd be convinced it was new mons in general, but I can see all this coming back to Zygarde. But I guess we shouldn't lose hope before we hear anything official.

the guy who runs serebii posted this on his personal twitter

So, a merchandise sell sheet is now hiding "New Pok?mon". It's that time of year again.
CLi1urqWoAAoH98.jpg

Normally, they just hide things with ??? or "Pok?mon A", but this time they're outright saying "新ポケモン!?" which means "New Pok?mon". Exciting
This merchandise is coming in November, so it's likely whatever this is will be revealed quite soon.
It is worth noting that previously, they have included things like new forms (Resolute Form Keldeo, Black Kyurem etc) as 新ポケモン in these.

ok here's my thoughts
- merchandise is coming november
- mega evolution special IV is coming fall 2015
- november is in fall
- mega evolution special I had a gray outline and focused on mega charizard
- mega evolution special II had a green outline and focuses on mega ray
- mega evolution special III had a blue/red outline and focused on primal groudon and kyogre
- mega evolution special IV has a red/green outline
- the new pokemin is red/green
- new "zygrade" forme teased

mega special color trend + new merch with "new pokemon" coming in november + mega special coming in fall + new pokemon matching the mega evolution special color + new zygarde forme = coincidence???

Last edited:
heres some more

"A new merchandise sell sheet has come. It lists "a brand new Pok?mon as a huge plush in December!" Hype season is on! "
CL4yzqkWoAAscTV.jpg

"Like before, they'd use the term 新ポケモン for Pok?mon, Forms and Mega Evolutions, but still!"

Serebii Update: First images of the new Pok?mon. Zygarde in Mega Evolution Act 4 http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first images of the new green Pok?mon as well as confirming that Zygarde is to be in the upcoming Mega Evolution Act 4 Special. No further details were given on the green Pok?mon, whether it's a form or something new but the new imagery shows it in new light"
CMBaTO5WgAAiNO_.jpg

Serebii.net ‏@SerebiiNet 8m8 minutes ago

Serebii Update: CoroCoro states answers about the green blob & big shadow Pok?mon will be revealed in the next issue

Last edited:
heres the official trailer

the more i see, the more im sure blob is a zygarde pre evo or sth
it looks like they're in some kind of science lab, and they're being stolen/rescued or something. plus the whole XY thing was about genetics, zygarde has a Zy in it's name which goes to zygote which is baso affiliated with genetics and embryos, and blog looks like an embryo and the red blob inside of it resembles a zygote so...
also the end of the trailer shows the blobs merging together so i'm guessing maybe they merge together to form zygarde or its mega evolution or sth??

heres the official trailer

the more i see, the more im sure blob is a zygarde pre evo or sth
it looks like they're in some kind of science lab, and they're being stolen/rescued or something. plus the whole XY thing was about genetics, zygarde has a Zy in it's name which goes to zygote which is baso affiliated with genetics and embryos, and blog looks like an embryo and the red blob inside of it resembles a zygote so...
also the end of the trailer shows the blobs merging together so i'm guessing maybe they merge together to form zygarde or its mega evolution or sth??

Ooh, that video looks interesting. I'm hoping Zygarde gets a mega evolution. That'll be awesome :)

The whole merging thing reminds of those scenes where a bunch of "cute small" creatures group together to form a giant monster of sorts. Did they ever confirm that the shadow was Zygarde himself? All I remember is that they said Zygarde was going to have a mega. If that's not it then I could see the shadow possibly being the result of the blobs merging together. Although as I look at it it does look possible that they'd be some form of pre-evolution or something.

Another thought I had was that they wouldn't necessarily be a pre-evolution, but maybe some kind of underling type deal that Zygarde controls, though that seems much less likely.

I'm just hoping Zygarde's mega is something entirely different because then that'd make the giant figure even more interesting.

the geometric patterns match up with the patterns on zygarde tho, but the parts highlighted also line up with the BW2 opening.

XYtGklb.png

so they could tie this game back to Gen 5 like they did with making Lugia (Gen 2) the leader of Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos (Gen 1), and Regigigas (Gen 4) of Regice, Registeel and Regirock (Gen 3) by making Zygarde (Gen 6) have control over Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (Gen 5). It would also explain the random Reshiram and Zekrom statues in Parfum Palace, but there's also other Pokemon like Milotic statues, and the maze making up whatever Pokemon, so who knows. But there was that fourth maze which no one is really sure what Pokemon that's based of, so maybe that's one of the potential Series 2 Gen 6 Pokemon?

Omg I just had an idea for a crazy theory.

Ok so you know the dragons in Black/White and Black 2/White 2 represent Yin/Yang.
ying-yang1-1.jpg
Reshiram represents the white large portion. Zekrom represents the black large portion. White Kyurem is the white dot inside the black whilst Black Kyurem is the black dot inside the white. This is also extended to the emptiness (absence of energy) which Kyurem represents and total energy. No Pokemon represents that but I theorise that the original dragon (Zekrom and Reshiram and Kyurem all fused) represents that. The original dragon being the Pokemon before it split up.

Now, in the Champion's room of Black and White 2 we see a statue that doesn't seem to resemble any specific Pokemon.
images

I think that is the original dragon.

Now, what does all this have to do with the new Pokemon/mega evolution? The markings match up with Black and White Kyurem and I suspect they would match up with the original dragon too. This is more of a stretch but I think the wings match up too.

Of course, Zygarde or its mega evolution being the original dragon wouldn't really fit that much. Zygarde is already part of a trio with Xerneas and Yveltal after all. I do really want to see that last dragon though...

Oh also I doubt there will be a second set of Gen 6 Pokemon as much as I'd like it. The number of new Pokemon is low but take into account the mega evolutions and you get a normal number. Then, take into account there was a second set of mega evolutions (almost /basically new Pokemon) and you'll see that it's already being done.

Omg I just had an idea for a crazy theory.

Ok so you know the dragons in Black/White and Black 2/White 2 represent Yin/Yang.
ying-yang1-1.jpg
Reshiram represents the white large portion. Zekrom represents the black large portion. White Kyurem is the white dot inside the black whilst Black Kyurem is the black dot inside the white. This is also extended to the emptiness (absence of energy) which Kyurem represents and total energy. No Pokemon represents that but I theorise that the original dragon (Zekrom and Reshiram and Kyurem all fused) represents that. The original dragon being the Pokemon before it split up.

Now, in the Champion's room of Black and White 2 we see a statue that doesn't seem to resemble any specific Pokemon.
images

I think that is the original dragon.

Now, what does all this have to do with the new Pokemon/mega evolution? The markings match up with Black and White Kyurem and I suspect they would match up with the original dragon too. This is more of a stretch but I think the wings match up too.

Of course, Zygarde or its mega evolution being the original dragon wouldn't really fit that much. Zygarde is already part of a trio with Xerneas and Yveltal after all. I do really want to see that last dragon though...

Oh also I doubt there will be a second set of Gen 6 Pokemon as much as I'd like it. The number of new Pokemon is low but take into account the mega evolutions and you get a normal number. Then, take into account there was a second set of mega evolutions (almost /basically new Pokemon) and you'll see that it's already being done.

Can I have a shortened tl;dr version? ;x

Lol yeah I got carried away with writing.
tl;dr - I think Zygarde's mega evolution could be the original dragon from Black/White (Zekrom + Reshiram + Kyurem all fused).

There's evidence which agrees with it but the fact Zygarde is part of a trio already and with plenty of myth basis (that Yggdrasil tree thing) which wasn't present with bird trio and Luiga means it is unlikely. So that could all be a coincidence.

Also we probably won't get a 2nd set of Gen 6 Pokemon because mega evolutions technically count as new Pokemon.

Lol yeah I got carried away with writing.
tl;dr - I think Zygarde's mega evolution could be the original dragon from Black/White (Zekrom + Reshiram + Kyurem all fused).

There's evidence which agrees with it but the fact Zygarde is part of a trio already and with plenty of myth basis (that Yggdrasil tree thing) which wasn't present with bird trio and Luiga means it is unlikely. So that could all be a coincidence.

Also we probably won't get a 2nd set of Gen 6 Pokemon because mega evolutions technically count as new Pokemon.

Interesting concepts you have there, Klave. Thanks for pointing that out for us :)

coro coro leaked

corocoro10151.jpg

Zy forme is called "perfect forme" (Japanese translation) and the next series of anime is "XYZ" series. this baso confirms Z is coming, but there's no mention of a new game in coro coro

also mega grenjinja?? (it's not mega its just wearing ash's clothes) but for those who care about the anime it looks like frogadier and noibat will evolve and Ash may get sceptile back which will mega evolve

COrUtztWoAAWU23.jpg

direct from serebii:

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some further details about Zygarde. Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell, or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. New large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the System Pok?mon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg. The new Anime series called Pok?mon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29th. It also reveals a new look for Greninja. The magazine mentions that it looks sort of like Ash's clothes "

(someones gotta say it but all Zy formes apart from blob look ****)

Last edited:
Back