• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best Metroid Game?

Best Metroid Game?

• Metroid

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Metroid 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Metroid

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Metroid Fusion

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Metroid Prime

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Metroid Zero Mission

• Metroid Prime 2

• Metroid Prime Pinball

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters

• Metroid Prime 3

• Metroid Other M

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • None of Them

• Total voters

Mini Mario

Off the Grid...
Bells
Lobo
Mint
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Yellow Tulip
Tasty Cake
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Hello people of the forums. I would like to conduct a study of which Metroid Game was the best. Soooo, yeah. Just post why and choose a poll answer.

My favorite Metroid game is Super Metroid. To me, it's the pinnacle of platforming-exploring genre, as it not only excels on adding more excitement on discovering things, but there's also quite a lot of opportunity for some sequence-breaking madness especially when you're skilled enough to pull out certain trickier moves right at the beginning of the game. You can even get a Power Bomb relatively early in the game if you master on how to use wall jumping techniques, therefore being able to get the Gravity Suit earlier than intended.

I really enjoy Metroid Prime. As for Super Metroid it's a classic and all, but Prime is still cooler.

It's a tie between Super and Prime and I can't choose ugh... I'm not voting.

Fusion, actually. Super Metroid was great, Fusion brought in some improvements to that which made me play it more. I also think the Fusion Suit looks hella neat.

Fusion because it was the first one I played. So along with it being a legit good game, I have nostalgia with it to a higher degree and I'm unsure if it would be my favorite otherwise...

I would go with Super Metroid otherwise.

I voted for Metroid Pinball though because I could.

Super Metroid was my first game ever and Metroid is the reason why I study what I do. (Well, one of the reasons.)
I am so passionate about Metroid as a whole that I plan to get a tattoo back-piece in honor of it.
(After, ofc my entire Mass Effect one I plan to do..)

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is one of the greatest 3 games I have ever played to this day, but if I had to choose one of the three, it would be Echoes. I love the challenge, I love the Luminoth, I love the planet of Aether (as Aether is my Animal Crossing village name) and I love the worlds you visit. The battle between light and dark, good and evil. The lore is amazing and so is the music. I thought the first one couldn't be beat until the second one came out. It is absolutely stunning.

I still play the Trilogy to this day. Samus was my idol growing up. I always wanted to be a bounty hunter, space diva and all of the above. She was strong, selfless and never let the past define her. Samus and Commander Shepard will always be my light in dark times.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want to see someone say Other M to see how much hate mail they get.

I hated Other M, but no reason to bash anyone for it.
(honestly though tbh it was so horrible i don't even see it as canon.)

Zero Mission, as it is a good way to get into the series, not to hard (like fusion), but not too easy.

Super Metroid, still have it on cart.

Who voted Prime Pinball? lmao

A tie between Prime 1 and Super Metroid for me.

(Thanks Somecallmejohnny for getting me into the Metroid series)

I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I would have to say that Metroid Fusion is the best Metroid game, in my opinion. It might be because I have some nostalgia for it and it was the only Metroid game I actually beat, but there is just so much I love about it. I thought that the story was fantastic and really engaging with the X-parasites infecting Samus. The whole idea with the X-parasites taking over Samus's suit and you having to recover different parts throughout the adventure was really cool. I especially love how the X-parasites would use Samus's suit against you as the SA-X. It added so much suspense to the game whenever you walked into a room and heard its footsteps as it passed by! Overall, I thought the story was brilliant, the gameplay was spectacular, and the boss battles were fun. I really love Metroid Fusion!

However, this is coming from a person who still hasn't played many Metroid games. I've played only a little bit of Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (I have both of them but just haven't gotten around to playing them much), and I've played Metroid on the NES and Metroid II: The Return of Samus (By the way, I absolutely hated Metroid II, and I liked Metroid on the NES but never really loved it.) I still haven't played games like Zero Mission, Prime 2 & 3, Pinball, Other M, etc. I hope that Nintendo releases a new Metroid game on the Wii U/3DS in the future, and i'm definitely going to try out more Metroid games from the past! :D

I have only played Super Metroid, so I cannot vote. One day I will rectify this and play the other games.

I want to see someone say Other M to see how much hate mail they get.

To be honest I clicked on this thread just to see if anyone had voted for Other M.

I'm pleased to see nobody has.

Who voted for the Pinball game....
I went for Prime but its close to Fusion in my heart cause I got them around the same time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG 3 PEOPLE ASKED SORRY

Back