• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is the WiiU or 3DS your main gaming system?

Which system is your main?

• WiiU

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • 3DS

Votes: 75 55.6%
  • Both!

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • Neither!

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters

hirondo

Bells
Cake
At this point they both have a large playable library, the 3DS has much to offer and the WiiU does now too thanks to more eShop exclusives and virtual console releases.
This isn't really a debate about "the wiiu only has nintendo games so that isn't allow to be ur main console", this is about which one you use the most for gaming! :)

As for myself the WiiU has become my main console for games right now. The 3ds is a little slow right now and thanks to Mario kart and Smash, hyrule warriors and 3D world i tend to go for it more. Also have been doing Wii Fit cause my bro found the bundle again.

I'm voting for WiiU, since it's actually sorta WiiU + PS3. Lots of nice VC + things like Bayonetta to play. *hides my amiibo that i use for smash all day*

Neither. I'm actually a big fan of Sony, so it's currently the PS3. But I'm getting a PS4 next week. so it's going to have some competition :D

Both. I love and play them about equally. :)

Same with PS4 and PC.

Last edited:
I don't really care about which system I use, I just care about the games.
If a game I like comes out on 3DS I'll use the 3DS more, and the happens same with WiiU. I spend about the same amount of time on both though in general.

If anything is multiplatform across the two though, I'll go with the WiiU version. I would rather have a HD version on a big screen 95% of the time.
If it's across other systems entirely I'll either buy it on STEAM or PS3 if my PC won't run it.

Last edited:
Probably my 3ds, just because I can play it in my room instead of having to go down to the living room every time I want to play. Although, my brother is getting a PS4 for christmas and I'm getting a tv in my room, so things may change. ^_^

I went for both. Even though I'm not gaming a lot lately, I'm still using both my Wii U and 3DS as my main gaming systems. Perhaps the next week or so, I'll get a PS4 just to add some more variety to my gaming experience, so that would count too.

I only own a 3ds XL. The wii u had no games that interested me as of right now. I only bought a 3ds xl for ACNL and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but i'm expanding my gallery to include LoZ OoT and soon to be LoZ MM and i can't wait for that game to come out. Plus i prefer portable systems over consoles just because i like to be able to whip out my system whenever i want and not be limited to a certain location to play my games

My main gaming systems used to be both of them seperately. But now Super Smash Bros. Wii U is out. I can use my Nintendo 3DS XL with the Nintendo Wii U as a controller and so both at the same time now. XD

3DS, only because I don't have a Wii U yet, and I barely use my Wii. I'm getting a Wii U really soon though, I'm sure I'll ditch my 3DS for a while.

My 3DS because it's portable and I don't have a WII U
Usually I play games on my PC

I only have a 3DS, but it's my baby. I can't wait for Christmas because I'll probably shower myself in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Super Smash Bros. Also, that Majora's Mask... :D

Probably my 3ds recently because of SSB and Pokemon X/Alpha Sapphire. But other than that I usually use Playstation 2/3. I haven't really decided if I want to shell out the money for a WiiU yet. It has great support game-wise but gaming systems are so expensive and I also want the PS4 *sobs*

I prioritize 3DS more since I collect their games and limited edition units. But I've been playing my Wii U a lot recently because of Bayonetta, Mario Kart 8 and SSB :)

I'm shocked only 1 voted "Neither". I was waiting for a huge rush of "how can a handheld be your main" or "WiiU isn't important enough" :p Go you guys.

for now yes (3DS and Wii U! I also have a ps3 and my brother got a ps4 plus all the emulators on pc :p

Last edited:
Back