• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I HATE THESE VILLAGERS AND I WANT THEM OUT

READ AND READ AGAIN to make sure you understand :) As many times as needed.

Becoming friends does help. Otherwise TT two days forward and two days back. Walk around and see if anyone pings. If it's a villager you like, tell them to stay and repeat. If it's the one you want to move, TT to their moving day. If no one pings, save & exit then restart on the same day; walk around to see if anyone pings again. If not, repeat the process (usually they ping the second time around); but if you really want to play it safe after there are no pings, only move ahead one day at a time and walk around for a ping. One you get a ping and talk them out of it, the process can be safely repeated.

Some people say the two day method will screw up your town but that's only true if you assume no one is moving because no one pinged. Only start this method after a villager has been talked out of moving, and once started don't assume that no ping means no moving villager. If you don't get a ping, follow what I said above and things will be fine. I've been using this method and yeah in the beginning I lost a few due to inexperience and assumptions; but since then, it has worked flawlessly w/o any loss of wanted villagers. One thing I do notice is that the last villager usually won't move until someone else moves out first.

Another complaint is that you are not guaranteed to have a villager move every time. This is true, but the method is safer because jumping too far ahead if a villager you like is wanting to move might just void them. I don't recommend jumping ahead any farther unless you are experienced.

The beautiful town ordinance is handy to have as others have mentioned

My experience: started when I wanted Ed gone, then the other villagers I really didn't like. That was quite some time ago. Now I'm a cycler who regularly moves out villagers for others, and I reserve them as well. Which means I need to make sure I don't lose em' :)

Last edited:
Is there any surefire way to get rid of villagers? @A@;;;

Hope you hate them all, and there's NO ONE you care enough to keep,
as this method would be the best if that is your case:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ing-Method&highlight=foolproof+cycling+method
^ Super effective. *thumbs up*

OR
if you have a few villager that you wanna keep, then this is is the safest & fastest:
http://bamdom.tumblr.com/post/57682343411/alternatively-titled-how-to-get-your-dream

Good luck! :D

{Copied and pasted what I wrote previously}

Some methods
1) 2 days forward and 2 days back (Note: This sometimes does not work)
You basically TT 2 days ahead then go back. If you go back 2 days straight away, it will count as one day though. Unless you go back day by day. Then you run around your town and see if anyone pings/see if there is a rumour about (villager) thinking of leaving.

2) 6 days forward then back
Similar to the first method, but is guaranteed to work. Make sure that there are no rumours about a villager wanting to move, or this can go wrong. So, TT ahead 6 days. Save and quit. Change the date 6 days back in one go. Then go around the town and see who is wanting to leave. This method should work 100%, unless there is an event in the 6 days you were TT'ing forward to, which in that case, can screw it up.

3) Introduce yourself to them, then ignore (Again, not sure if this will work 100%)
You introduce yourself to them ONCE, then blatantly ignore them for around one week. If you have already talked to them on an existing character, make another Save File or introduce yourself to them on a side character. After around a week, they may ping and tell you that they want to leave.

* And, if you are a bit paranoid like me, and think that someone is wanting to leave without you knowing, do this:
- Go to your 3DS clock setting and change the clock to one year ahead
- Load up your game, on a New Save File
- After Rover's speech, check the town map
- If there is a house missing, this meant that someone in your town wanted to leave. If all of the houses are there, then no one was wanting to move
- Exit without saving, and set the date back to the correct date
- Go back into your game, and hunt down the villager who left 'one year later'. Or just continue TT'ing to get them out

- - - Post Merge - - -

The second method is the most effective, there should definitely be a villager who want to move if done correctly :)

Whether or not someone is moving is determined at the start of each day (6:00 AM), and does not change until the next day. So the diving trick won't help. In other words, if no one asks to move on a specific day, you can't try to force pings out of them until they ask to move. It's already been determined that no one is moving.

I suggest traveling two or three days forward and backward (any number less than 5 will work). But EVERY time you change the time, use this guide to determine if someone is moving. You'll need to talk to your villagers a lot, but it works! I can confirm that the guide is 100% accurate and this method works very well. You will always know whether or not someone is moving (and therefore whether it's safe to time travel).

Good luck!

Edit: That guide is missing the lazy's dialogue. Lazy villagers will tell you someone started a rumor about them having a world famous collection of an item, then will say rumors can spiral out of control. c:

Last edited:
Try hitting them with your net a lot... I don't know if that actually helps with making them want to move out but villagers seem to get pretty upset with you when that happens.

It makes them stay longer if you do that.

That's mega messed up ;A; It should be the opposite!

I agree. If you are nice to someone, they should be less likely to leave. If you are mean to someone, they should be more likely to leave.

Back