• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My flowers are out of control!

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I have neglected my gardening and now most of my island is covered in flowers. Is there a quick way to get rid of them, or do I have to dig them up one by one?

I was enjoying all of the beautiful flowers until I shot down some balloons and there was no where for them to land. That's when I realized I had a problem 😅

I’m afraid you’ll have to dig them up one by one, sadly. The island cleanup tool sometimes will get rid of a few flowers in bulk (and by bulk, I mean maybe 4 flowers if you’re lucky), given that there’s other stuff nearby that it can clean up as well, but I find it to be more energy than it’s worth, and just easier to dig them up, albeit more time consuming. I wish Nintendo had given us a way to get rid of flowers in bulk, like a service Leif could offer or something.

For future instance, putting transparent designs next to/around flowers will prevent more from spawning. It’s what I did so that I wouldn’t have to dig up 50+ flowers every time it rains or snows, and it’s been very handy!

If you're able to have friends visit, and you trust them enough, you can enable them to be able to take out shovels on your island and have them help you dig them up.

I used transplanted weeds and paths to keep my flowers from spreading willy-nilly. I believe I was at the limit for weeds, too, so no new ones spawned, it all achieved a botanical balance.

I’m afraid you’ll have to dig them up one by one, sadly. The island cleanup tool sometimes will get rid of a few flowers in bulk (and by bulk, I mean maybe 4 flowers if you’re lucky), given that there’s other stuff nearby that it can clean up as well, but I find it to be more energy than it’s worth, and just easier to dig them up, albeit more time consuming. I wish Nintendo had given us a way to get rid of flowers in bulk, like a service Leif could offer or something.

For future instance, putting transparent designs next to/around flowers will prevent more from spawning. It’s what I did so that I wouldn’t have to dig up 50+ flowers every time it rains or snows, and it’s been very handy!
Thank you for the answer! One question though, what are transparent designs?

I'm pretty sure a transparent design is a custom pattern with nothing drawn on it, so it's totally clear on the ground when you place it. But I haven't actually tried doing that, since I used mostly paths and sometimes weeds and cliff sides/edges to control my flowers.

Thank you for the answer! One question though, what are transparent designs?
Custom designs with a transparent background! Custom designs with a transparent background look like this:

IMG_5097.jpeg

And will appear on the ground like this:

IMG_5099.png

Obviously not the same design, but hopefully still makes sense. 😅 There’s also the option to make a transparent custom design that has no design or pattern on it, but is just a transparent background that looks like this:

IMG_5098.jpeg

When placing it down on the ground, you obviously won’t be able to see it since it’s transparent and there’s no design or pattern on it, but the game still treats it like a pattern, so no flowers or weeds will grow or can be placed where a transparent design is. Hopefully this makes sense! You can either make the transparent design yourself, or download one that someone else has made if you have Nintendo Switch Online. ☺️

Custom designs with a transparent background! Custom designs with a transparent background look like this:

View attachment 526713

And will appear on the ground like this:

View attachment 526715

Obviously not the same design, but hopefully still makes sense. 😅 There’s also the option to make a transparent custom design that has no design or pattern on it, but is just a transparent background that looks like this:

View attachment 526714

When placing it down on the ground, you obviously won’t be able to see it since it’s transparent and there’s no design or pattern on it, but the game still treats it like a pattern, so no flowers or weeds will grow or can be placed where a transparent design is. Hopefully this makes sense! You can either make the transparent design yourself, or download one that someone else has made if you have Nintendo Switch Online. ☺️
Wow! I had no idea you could do that! Thank you!

Yeah, flowers can be wild, I know that 😖
I need to finally get my mine under control.

I have neglected my gardening and now most of my island is covered in flowers. Is there a quick way to get rid of them, or do I have to dig them up one by one?

I was enjoying all of the beautiful flowers until I shot down some balloons and there was no where for them to land. That's when I realized I had a problem 😅
Need any help with relocating or getting rid of your flowers?

I've never liked having to do flower control. It's great and all that flowers don't wither unlike in previous games, but sometimes they grow in places I don't want them to, like on a dirt path that's meant to be walked on.

Leif's weeding service is pretty much useless. For one, it costs way too much (100,000 bells), and the minimum weed requirement is way too high (it's like 300 something). You'd have to not play the game for several months until this service can be used. I don't get why they didn't do it like in New Leaf where it was actually a game you could play for a reward with a much lower requirement (50). The best part? It's free. This was probably the feature that received the biggest downgrade from New Leaf, by far.

I had this problem too I just placed a bin outside by the area then started to pull them out at a time.

Like the above users have posted I also made transparent tiles that I placed all around my island on the grass areas.

I also use this method for stopping weeds from growing all around.

I like to curb my flowers using the path circuit that’s already around the island. I also spent time corralling all of the cliff flowers into fenced pens based on colour lol
If you need anyone to help dig flowers in fair game!

I feel your pain so, so much. I started out early on my island breeding for colors and to have enough to make patterns... and then it slowly got out of control. Every attempt I've made to get them under control has failed. Mostly bc I don't have the willpower to tackle removing them all in one go and by the time I get back to them there's more 💀

If you're able to have friends visit, and you trust them enough, you can enable them to be able to take out shovels on your island and have them help you dig them up.

I used transplanted weeds and paths to keep my flowers from spreading willy-nilly. I believe I was at the limit for weeds, too, so no new ones spawned, it all achieved a botanical balance.

My flower problem has become my friend's flower problem. I offloaded a bunch in them in the early days and biw my bf and Sherlock both have flower problems of their own. The problem is so bad now that no one wants to help me XD

Either/or XD

If you're in the market for flowers I need them somewhere that isn't my island XD

I've never liked having to do flower control. It's great and all that flowers don't wither unlike in previous games, but sometimes they grow in places I don't want them to, like on a dirt path that's meant to be walked on.

Leif's weeding service is pretty much useless. For one, it costs way too much (100,000 bells), and the minimum weed requirement is way too high (it's like 300 something). You'd have to not play the game for several months until this service can be used. I don't get why they didn't do it like in New Leaf where it was actually a game you could play for a reward with a much lower requirement (50). The best part? It's free. This was probably the feature that received the biggest downgrade from New Leaf, by far.

It makes me even more upset when I've been gone for a few months, my island is covered in both weeds AND more flowers and Leif tells me that the weeds aren't that bad TT_TT

Like.. Sir, by the time I finished I had two stacks off 99 and a partial third stack. What do you mean it's nit that many 💀

Either/or XD

If you're in the market for flowers I need them somewhere that isn't my island XD
I mean, my beaches and town are already quite full of them.
but perhaps you could help me get some flowers for my own town, cause i do miss some to add for my own town.

I probably do, and I thank you for offering to help, but I couldn't put that on someone else. Just yesterday I made sure I hade 5 shovels so I could tackle this mess (and then I will get more shovels, and then more).

Thank you for the offer though!
Post automatically merged:

I mean, my beaches and town are already quite full of them.
but perhaps you could help me get some flowers for my own town, cause i do miss some to add for my own town.
Before I dig too many up, which flowers do you need? Actually, I probably should have asked this question to the previous poster I replied to.
Post automatically merged:

I had this problem too I just placed a bin outside by the area then started to pull them out at a time.

Like the above users have posted I also made transparent tiles that I placed all around my island on the grass areas.

I also use this method for stopping weeds from growing all around.
I like the idea of placing a bin nearby, thank you for the idea!

I found something to help clean up flowers quicker, if you find yourself in my position. 75% at least of my island were covered with flowers.

Normally you might dig them up and sell them at Nook's Cranny, but if you don't have the time to run back and forth to sell items that don't have much value, you can carry a Garbage Can with you in your pockets. Once your pockets are full of flowers, place the garbage can and throw away all of the flowers, and then keep digging up more.

You may not earn bells this way, but once it has become this out of control, it becomes tedious and speed over money was my go to.

you can carry a Garbage Can with you in your pockets. Once your pockets are full of flowers, place the garbage can and throw away all of the flowers, and then keep digging up more.
i've done this too! and if i had the space for it, i'd have a pipe placed besides nook's cranny and wherever i was gardening for the moment so that i could hop back and forth, does take a bit of time and becomes really tedious but it was worth it ;v;

Get ready! It's almost flower season again! 😅

Really, when spring comes, along with all the rain, there always seems to be an explosion of flowers on my island. I usually just 'let it grow' in order to dig them up and sell them later.

I think I got quite a bit selling a bunch of blue roses (just the flowers), but I don't remember exactly how much. Maybe 1,000 bells each? I did pick them all and sell the flowers a few times before finally digging them up. Was a decent bell making hobby. But I had, like, a TON of blue roses everywhere.

I think I got quite a bit selling a bunch of blue roses (just the flowers), but I don't remember exactly how much. Maybe 1,000 bells each? I did pick them all and sell the flowers a few times before finally digging them up. Was a decent bell making hobby. But I had, like, a TON of blue roses everywhere.

I need to take time to get the rarest flowers! I have some black roses for example, but no blue!

Back