• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

As a person gets older they come to realize that there are certain things they must do before they get too old to remember anything.With this in mind,I knew I had to see the Spice Girls movie,Spice World,at least once before I fade from this Earth.This movie has no plot whatsoever but I thought it was kinda fun anyways.There are a lot of cameos by various Brit pop stars of the day and of course there are the Spice Girls.They are a five-headed bubbly mass of Girl Power in this movie.I kinda like 'em.

As is tradition this time of year, the last movie I watched was Home Alone. Next will be Home Alone 2, and then National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (which I've already watched once this year!).

I finally got around to watching the Super Mario Bros Movie and it was pretty cute and enjoyable! I was prepared to be annoyed over the voice acting but it actually wasn't that bad. Christ Pratt as Mario didn't bother me but Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach was the one that really didn't fit the character for me.

I saw Wish. I liked it, the begging was pretty meh, but it picked up in my opinion after one song.

I liked all the Easter eggs, that was fun. Especially the Treasure Planet one. I know it's not the best of the movies, but I still found it enjoyable.

Monday.

It was an interesting take on a romantic film, but my goodness both the characters were toxic as hell and their relationship was just a big no no which was clearly deliberate (storewise). However the ending infuriated me no end as it no character growth and no conclusion.

Oh well at least Sebastian Stan remained adorably handsome from start to finish.

I finally got around to watching the Super Mario Bros Movie and it was pretty cute and enjoyable! I was prepared to be annoyed over the voice acting but it actually wasn't that bad. Christ Pratt as Mario didn't bother me but Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach was the one that really didn't fit the character for me.
Yeah the voice actors did fairly well. Even though Chris wasn't amazing he pulled it off and it was a decent voice. I wasn't sure how Toad was going to sound because we're so used to a screechy scratchy voice, but Keegan did a really good Toad voice. Toad's game voice is iconic, but honestly I don't think I could deal with his original voice for a feature length.

was in the mood to watch a christmas movie the other night, and i went with the ref. it was only my second time watching it, the first time being a couple of years ago, so it was like watching it for the first time again, haha. it was equally silly, funny, and heartwarming, and seeing denis leary‘s character give much-needed reality checks and “family therapy” to the other characters was a hilarious delight. kinda wish he would just magically spawn in my house and do the same for my family. 😂

I rewatched Fargo the other morning. Not sure why. Kind of a spur of the moment decision. Still a great movie. - Honestly, it's a love story. Rewatching it now, I see that the entire movie is about the relationship of Marge and Norm. With everything that happens...the lesson of the movie is just to live a simple and honest life, and appreciate the people who love you. Swear, I watched the movie a bunch of times in the past, and that whole theme never stood out so much to me as it did this past time.

I saw Balad of Songbirds and Snakes, sorry if that's wrong. I quite liked it, I'm not super familiar with the series, but I thought it was pretty good.

Whenever I think of Hungergames I think of how grim it is, always expect these movies to go a but more grim. But it's kinda held back, and not that I'm craving that. Just eh, I don't feel it.

I know it's fourteen A, people do die/killedm but its repetive ways. Is it disturbing ways? Yes. Is it brutal? Yes. But it's the same thing over and over. A story like this has to have a higher rating. Just like Fnaf. It needs to show that grim edge Hungergames has.

Like FNAF, if it was 18a, it would probably be super close to the grim plot. I still loved the FNAF movie. Same goes for hunger Games. I mean it's about kids being pulled away from their lives, to kill each other.

But I wanna see more grim from stories that are grim. But I did enjoy the movie other wise.

This weekend I watched two new movies. I watched White Christmas on Friday. It's supposed to leave Netflix by the end of the month, so I figured why not? I thought that it was an ok movie for its time. I didn't like the filler rehearsal scenes because they took up too much time that could have been used on the story.

Then on Saturday I watched Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) for the first time. I loved this movie! The Smith family and the maid, Katie were very charming. Judy Garland's performances were excellent as well. I think that I'll add this movie to my favorite holiday movies collection.

i watched may december last night, and was completely blown away by charles melton's performance. it was nominated in the comedy category at the golden globes, which is stirring some controversy - while i think it's generally more dramatic and deals with difficult subject matter, i'm not sure why people are so against it being seeing as comedic. comedy can be dark too! this film is funny without cracking jokes because the characters say uncomfortable things and the circumstances are so weird that it makes you laugh in shock or disbelief. i don't think the message of the film and its comedy are mutually exclusive, and i don't think calling it funny is reductive of the story. i think it's a strength of the film that the eeriness of julianne moore's character and the cliche of natalie portman's actress character make you laugh in judgement, and charles melton's tender and tragic performance snaps you back into the drama and seriousness of the story.

The last movies I've seen are...

💀 Where Evil Lurks. Argentinian horror film. In a world where "churches are dead" and "rottens" pop up on the earth, ready to sow seeds of evil, two brothers attempt to put a stop to the malevolence that has taken root in their community, only to accidentally perpetuate it beyond their worst nightmares.

I expected this to be your standard "demon" movie, but it was simultaneously more understated and horrific than I thought it'd be... a blend of shocking violence and subtle psychological horror. Definitely some unique themes I haven't seen explored in American movies. Recommend for horror lovers! 👍🏽

🔭 Watcher. American thriller set in Romania. A young actress moves with her husband to Romania, where she struggles to learn Romanian and find her footing... while a serial killer stalks young women in the city. She begins to suspect one of her neighbors, who is perpetually watching her through the windows of her apartment... but when no one believes her, she is forced to take matters into her own hands.

Intentionally slow-paced, rests heavily on the (well-done) performance of lead actress Maika Monroe (from cult classic horror movie It Follows!) While I found it a little predictable at times, I enjoyed how the ending's pseudo-twist turns the lens around to the viewer and their own preconceptions. Recommend! 👍🏽

edit to change some formatting

I saw Trolls Band Together,

I love it personally, but I'm also a Trolls fan lol. However I couldn't stop seeing Sasha, and Toby as Poppy and Branch, since I drew them as so in my contest xD

I saw Trolls Band Together,

I love it personally, but I'm also a Trolls fan lol. However I couldn't stop seeing Sasha, and Toby as Poppy and Branch, since I drew them as so in my contest xD
Oh wow I didn't even know that was already in theaters. I really liked the first one, but haven't seen the others. I should put aside some time to watch them soon. How was it, did you enjoy it more than the 2nd film or about the same?

On Friday night I tuned into the Joe Bob's Creepy Christmas special episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs on the Shudder streaming service. Each December, they show a few movies and auction things off for charity. The movies this year were director Edward Hunt's 1988 movie The Brain and director Charles Band's 2005 movie The Gingerdead Man.

I'd previously seen The Brain during one of my October horror movie marathons a few years ago; I'd either forgotten or never noticed that it takes place during Christmastime since there are decorations around, though it's not made a big deal or mentioned so it's just a subtle thing. Anywho, fun movie.

As for The Gingerdead Man, I'd never bothered with it because it always just seemed like it would be bad. It was indeed pretty awful. The Gingerdead Man puppet doesn't look too bad, and the character names were kind of cute (Sarah Lee, Amos, Jimmy and Lorna Dean, etc.) since they're references to baked goods and food. Other than that, it's just...unremarkable. Boring, bland. Sometimes there are movies that are bad or inept in an entertaining way or that you can have fun making fun of, but this just kinda sucked.

I'll have to get to more Christmas movies over the course of this week.

I watched A Christmas Story, one of my favourite Christmas movies, the other day! There’s just something so comforting about watching it for some reason, it truly wouldn’t be the holidays if I didn’t watch it at least once! It’s such a warming, funny, classic movie. I also love Melinda Dillon in every role I’ve seen her in, may she rest in peace. ♥️

IMG_5022.gif

Back