• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What the heck does this gold leaf mean?

Dogoat

Insanely loveable
Bells
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
My friend is currently in the process of moving items from her main town to her new one, but she ran into a slight problem.

ToDRm6L.png

She says its a customized large alpine table, but I've never seen a gold leaf before? She can't seem to drop it or wrap it in a gift to drop it on the ground.

Last edited:
Gold leaves mean that the table was customized with one of her patterns. Red leaves mean that it was customized regularly or with ore/clothing. I believe that she'll have to return it to its original state (or customize it regularly) for her to be able to drop it. She can't drop it because it's tied to her patterns (and thus programmed so that it doesn't have the option to be given to anyone else (villager or other character) through all means, such as being dropped/being mailed/being given outright/etc.).

Take it to Cyrus and he'll give you the option of returning it to its original state. If she wants the exact same table in the new town, she'll have to transfer the pattern, then customize it again with the pattern.

Last edited:
Never seen a gold one, customised items are red. Did she customise it to be gold? Weird that she can't do anything with it!?! Glitch?!

The gold leaf means it was customized with a custom pattern, and those items cannot be dropped.

Thanks SonatinaGena! That's what she had done c:

No worries! Yeah, I was a little confused the first time this happened to me. It makes sense if you think about it, since the design of the table is directly taken from that pattern, it makes sense that you shouldn't be able to even have the option of giving it to someone else.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks, guys. I'd better keep this in mind before I start customizing things with patterns.

Gold leaves mean that the table was customized with one of her patterns. Red leaves mean that it was customized regularly or with ore/clothing. I believe that she'll have to return it to its original state (or customize it regularly) for her to be able to drop it. She can't drop it because it's tied to her patterns (and thus programmed so that it doesn't have the option to be given to anyone else (villager or other character) through all means, such as being dropped/being mailed/being given outright/etc.).

Take it to Cyrus and he'll give you the option of returning it to its original state. If she wants the exact same table in the new town, she'll have to transfer the pattern, then customize it again with the pattern.

The gold leaf means it was customized with a custom pattern, and those items cannot be dropped.

Oh cool. I never knew this :) Handy info to remember.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks, guys. I'd better keep this in mind before I start customizing things with patterns.

Yep! The convenient thing about pattern customizing, though, is that if you ever want to change patterns, Cyrus does it for free and instantly if you go to him. If you also swap the current pattern with another, I don't even think you have to go to Cyrus; it just does it automatically. So it's easy to edit the pattern.

The inconvenient thing is, as shown, the no transferring to anyone, as well as the fact that you always have to keep the pattern in your 10 slots at all times. Cyrus even mentions that you can't mess around with it without it being changed. So I guess there's pros and cons.

Last edited:
Yep! The convenient thing about pattern customizing, though, is that if you ever want to change patterns, Cyrus does it for free and instantly if you go to him. If you also swap the current pattern with another, I don't even think you have to go to Cyrus; it just does it automatically. So it's easy to edit the pattern.

The inconvenient thing is, as shown, the no transferring to anyone, as well as the fact that you always have to keep the pattern in your 10 slots at all times. Cyrus even mentions that you can't mess around with it without it being changed. So I guess there's pros and cons.

Ahhh good to know. uvu Thank you <3

Back