• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anxiety disorder.

I also start crying when i get some wrong as well. :( Life is too hard for me and its hard to manage and handle.

i have anxiety you're not alone ahh

oh and the word barf makes me want to scream i'm sorry that's like nasty no offense

I have social anxiety, it's really hard trying to force myself out of it to try to meet new people. I can't even go up to people to start conversations. I can act fine and normal around my friends, but when I'm completely alone, I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety, Luckypinch. As I do not have anxiety myself, I can't really help, but I just want you to know that you're not alone.

naturally, youre not alone

i have severe anxiety/depression, but i do not get anxiety attacks -- so im better off in that regard than a lot of people. im sorry you have to deal with that. i know its awful. i know many people who have attacks, and someone in therapy today actually had a pseudo-seizure because of anxiety so yeah

distractions and coping skills help. sleep is a negative coping skill, but i use it a lot. right now, its the best i can do, really. i dont go to school or work rn, and im too anxious and scared to grow up. too afraid to leave the house. too afraid to do anything.

i guess my meds work. but not that much. also, if yours are giving you severe side effects like htat, try talking to the doctor to get them changed -- besides, they dont seem to be working. see if you can try another kind.

good luck. know you arent alone.

Anxiety can be really tough, I know. I have general anxiety that goes hand in hand with my bipolar disorder, so I can see where you're coming from. For general anxiety, treatment is really possible and what a recommend. I'd suggest seeing a psychiatrist, see what they come up with. Medication is my saving grace, really. If your medication isn't working for you then you need to talk to your doctor and get the dosage adjusted/try out a new medication.

As for social anxiety, I had this a little bit, but if you really work at it and try to push yourself out of your comfort zone.

The worst is when people dont believe i have anxiety. And its funny because ive had people call me out on it and i couldnt explain myself because i was too anxious and they thought they pulled a fast one on me. Funny too because they also had anxiety issues. ****in hypocrit. You really think youre close to someone until they misunderstand something about you..

Last edited:
That's horrible. I feel wonderful today! :)
And.. My medication does work. Just..if I work my self up. That's the problem

Last edited:
I have anxiety as well.
although, my onee-chan has anxiety of her own, but instead of making her get anxious it makes her more aggressive.
like most of you here, i'm very terrified of taking a medication, but
I dont get much comfort with it because my sister usually has my parents' attention 24/7 ><
but it makes me so frustrated when she gets hypocritical saying i'm overreacting when she does so more than me...
aha, i'm so sorry to take up space on this thread! ^^'

youre not alone. my anxiety started showing up about two years ago and its the worst thing ever. i have severe social anxiety and find it hard to even look in peoples eyes and i have so much trouble starting conversations and making friends. anxiety attacks are a different story, they stink and its terrible and you think youre dying and its just the worst thing ever i hate them.

but on a positive note, take 10 minutes out of your day to get all of the worries out of your system, even if that means writing your worries on a piece of paper and flushing it down the toilet. meditate, do yoga, get a massage. calm yourself and remind yourself to think logically.

you're not alone :blush:

Does anything seem to trigger it in particular? (I'm sorry you've got to deal with this, though- it can really mess up your day / month / year if you let it.)

People say stuff like "Oh, just stop worrying so much!" but that's so incredibly useless and it just makes people with anxiety feel that much worse. You're going to be okay, though. I know so!

Does anything seem to trigger it in particular? (I'm sorry you've got to deal with this, though- it can really mess up your day / month / year if you let it.)

People say stuff like "Oh, just stop worrying so much!" but that's so incredibly useless and it just makes people with anxiety feel that much worse. You're going to be okay, though. I know so!
Ah being away from my mom, I use her as a safety latch persay

Ah being away from my mom, I use her as a safety latch persay

I'm glad you have that great of a relationship with your mom. She'll always be your mom, after all- have you talked to her about it? She might have dealt with the same things when she was your age- you never know, really.

I had anxiety disorder pretty bad when I was still in middle and high school.

But now that I graduated from high school last year, my anxiety definitely improved a bit, but I still have it occasionally.

Back