• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

God, the US bundle is so much nicer than the EU one. The steenlbook is really nice but I'd rather have a large art book + usb.

Yea. I think the box it all comes in is a lot nicer epecially.

Everything outside of the artbook I don't really care for though (especially the steelbook. I hate steelbooks). The US one looks bigger in both size and the amount of pages though. That's pretty disappointing. I dunno why they would make artbooks regionally different.

Different country rules, maybe?

I believe our Majora's Mask 3D bundle had a bigger box as well, though I wasn't fortunate to get that order and now it costs a lot of money.
It's probably difficult to tell from the picture, but the mech on the box actually has a bit of a 3D effect on it, rising above the normal flat surface of the box.

That aside, this game can get a bit confusing, but I'm really enjoying myself! I stopped playing because Splatfest is starting soon and my brother wants to borrow my copy of the game to play on his WiiU, and I want to see what he does. I spent an hour in character creation alone. orz

Forgot to take a good screenshot of my character's face before starting the game though, at least what her final look was. Is there a good way to get their face close up outside of the character creation screen?

Different country rules, maybe?

I believe our Majora's Mask 3D bundle had a bigger box as well, though I wasn't fortunate to get that order and now it costs a lot of money.
It's probably difficult to tell from the picture, but the mech on the box actually has a bit of a 3D effect on it, rising above the normal flat surface of the box.

That aside, this game can get a bit confusing, but I'm really enjoying myself! I stopped playing because Splatfest is starting soon and my brother wants to borrow my copy of the game to play on his WiiU, and I want to see what he does. I spent an hour in character creation alone. orz

Forgot to take a good screenshot of my character's face before starting the game though, at least what her final look was. Is there a good way to get their face close up outside of the character creation screen?

Awwwh, that box just got even cooler! I want 3D effects ; - ; It's not a deal breaker though, the EU LE is still nice. At least it still has an artbook, as well as a poster and a map (which is essentially just another poster).

If you hold in 'L' trigger (I think it's 'L' anyway) you can zoom the camera in and out with the right analog stick. It zooms really far/close as well. It zooms so close that it literally goes into first person, so you'll defo be able to get a decent face pic ;)

So since it's been out for a little over a day, how far have people gotten by now?

Could anyone possibly share the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST from the USB Stick that they received?

It locks itself so that it can't be shared, only run on the specific computer you happen to plug it into at the time. When I have it in it actually disables all my copy/pasting capabilities, too. @.@

Currently I'm level 14, stuck on a level 12 quest with H.B. because my team keeps aggroing a nearby boss while I'm trying to clear the area. Thanks, party!

EDIT: I tried to show my brother what happens when I get swarmed, and ended up beating the quest because they somehow didn't swarm me until after. yay.

Last edited:
So... question about the combat. From what I've seen it looks like the combat is automatic? I like to be the one pressing the buttons to use the attacks rather than watching the character do it for me. If so, it's probably not going to be as appealing to me sadly. This game looks cool, but the combat determines whether I get it or don't.

Last edited:
So... question about the combat. From what I've seen it looks like the combat is automatic? I like to be the one pressing the buttons to use the attacks rather than watching the character do it for me. If so, it's probably not going to be as appealing to me sadly. This game looks cool, but the combat determines whether I get it or don't.

You have a very weak auto attack that happens between using cooldowns, but that's it. The auto attack itself isn't anywhere close to being powerful or useful enough to stand back and let the game play itself.

If you're familiar with cooldown based MMORPG's like Warcraft, FFXIV or something, you'll understand what I mean.

I wouldn't worry about the game feeling automated though. You definitely have a lot of input with combat.

You have a very weak auto attack that happens between using cooldowns, but that's it. The auto attack itself isn't anywhere close to being powerful or useful enough to stand back and let the game play itself.

If you're familiar with cooldown based MMORPG's like Warcraft, FFXIV or something, you'll understand what I mean.

I wouldn't worry about the game feeling automated though. You definitely have a lot of input with combat.

That's great to know, thanks! Looks like I'll be getting this after all then.

The combat is crazy fun! Once you get the hang of when to time things, it gets pretty crazy, too. I still don't quite have it down, but I've noticed a lot of improvement with combos and damage (aside from the general increase that comes from leveling).

What class tree are people starting out with? I went for Commando and I'm having way too much fun.

Something I didn't expect to be fun but is: Running around in the Residential District like a complete baboon. The sprint jumping makes it so ridiculous.

WVW69ionUIo6y79Xwm

My comrades and I landed in someone's pool, but they don't seem to mind.

The combat is crazy fun! Once you get the hang of when to time things, it gets pretty crazy, too. I still don't quite have it down, but I've noticed a lot of improvement with combos and damage (aside from the general increase that comes from leveling).

What class tree are people starting out with? I went for Commando and I'm having way too much fun.

Something I didn't expect to be fun but is: Running around in the Residential District like a complete baboon. The sprint jumping makes it so ridiculous.

My comrades and I landed in someone's pool, but they don't seem to mind.

I went with the Striker. I was going to go with commando but Elma already kinda had that. I could have just had a different party member, but I like Elma.
I'm probably going to keep switching between them all though and probably either end up on the commando skill trees so I can get a sniper rifle or on the enforcer skill trees since that seems to have all the 'healer' abilities.

I think most of my current 12ish hours of the game has been spent running around and jumping on stuff. I've only actually done like 5 quests xD The jumping physics are just really fun and being able to find a way to scale most things just makes me want to see what's at the top of everything!
I was stuck in the city for like an hour trying to get to somewhere. I could have just fast traveled but it was fun being lost.

Oh, I don't think the game tells you this but there's a thing called the 'collectapidea'. I think it's under 'intel > colletapidea' or 'intel > inventory > colletapidea' (literally both of those could be wrong, but the point is, it's somewhere in the menus).

All those blue crystals you pick up that give you items, you have to fill the collectapidia with 1 of each of those items. Every time you fill a row in the collectapida, you get a random item which could be anything from stat gems to decent pieces of armor and weapons. It's useful to do it since you're gonna be picking up tons of those blue crystals anyway, so may aswell get some free stuff from it.

I thought I would mention it since I don't recall being told about it at all so far and it can give you some good items. I only found it myself because it was in the first game, so I assumed it would be in this game too.

Last edited:
To be honest, I love running around like a dork and jumping on stuff. Most of the time me getting to places is accidental "let me see how high up I can sprint jump --holy **** how did I get HERE?!"

Two of my favorite tracks (because if I list all of them I'll be here forever):

The Engrish song that plays during tyrant( I think that's what they're called?) fights:

I was so happy when I got to the area that plays this.

This game was the last one I'm buying this year, lmao. I'm all out of cash and Nintendo is laughing at me as I glare at the two pre-orders I have for next year.

To be honest, I have no clue. I own the original, but it's still on my backlog. So awkward! Plus I'm mainly playing Bravely Devault and Fantasy life on my 3DS at the moment, and I only own the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Random note, because I got scared of this quest after reaching a certain point:

If you take on the level 17? quest "Weaponized", it will ask you to go to another land mass separated by water, and there's other land masses in the way. Given the level requirement, you may want to avoid the land masses with the level 30+ monsters. Just swim around them, and the new area will have perfectly reasonably leveled monsters for you to fight, and a very easy mining point to activate so you can teleport there quickly in the future.

The quest is still in progress for me since I stopped to type this (so I wouldn't forget), but it doesn't seem too bad so far.

Goodness! This game is addressing how characters seem to understand other languages (since everything is speaking the same language the whole time even though they're aliens).

How does this game compare to the original Xenoblade Chronicles?

The gameplay as a whole I would say is better than the original. Not that the original was bad or anything, just that everything has been refined and polished more. It improves upon what was already good gameplay. There's not really much to say on it since it really is "just the first game, but better" in regards to gameplay.

The environments are better. The original was vast, but it felt a lot like most of it was needlessly large empty patches of flat grass/snow/metal/innards with nothing in it. It was large for the sake of being large rather than it contributing to the game a lot of the time. As well as quite obvious limits on where you could and couldn't go in certain places, usually from vertical walls that are impossible to climb.
So far I've not really found anywhere in X that I haven't been able to get to somehow and there's not really any places that feel empty. Everything feels like it's there to add to the environment rather than to force you to play longer by having 5 miles of absolutely nothing between two locations.

Story and characters I don't feel I can make a totally fair judgement on right now since I've mostly done side quests and screwed around, so I've not seen much of either.
I so far prefer the characters from the first game though (by which I mean party members, villains and other significant characters). They made more of an impact in a shorter amount of time than almost anybody I've come across in X so far. Lin is really the only character that stands out to me in X, mostly because a majority of her dialogue has been humorous. Elma looks cool, but it kinda ends there right now.
My opinion on the characters will likely be more positive once I've gotten further into it, but the first games cast still stood out more from the moment you met each character. I'm not really sure who anybody is outside of Lin and Elma in X.

The noppon you're stuck with in this game, Tatsu, is 100% less of an annoying fecal **** bag than Riki though, which is reason enough to praise the game.

The voice cast isn't made up entirely of British regional accents though, so the game gets a 0/10: not enough cockney.

I can't wait for this game o.o how's the voice acting in it? It was pretty bad in the first one. I hope it's alot better now.

Back