• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I got my copy early too, but I've only played 3-4 hours. Love it so far.

I've just hit an hour into it. I'm just exploring, shooting stuff and finding those yellow marker things where you spam 'A' to hack.

So far the only real complaints I have are there weren't many hairstyles to choose from and the 'height select' doesn't have a reference point to compare your height to, but the character I play as usually always has the smallest available so it's not that bad. Just a pet peeve when there's no point of reference when selecting character height.

Otherwise, at least in terms of gameplay (since I've definitely not seen enough story to begin comparing) it feels so much more refined than the first game. Noticably:
- The on screen display to show where exactly I am in relation to the enemy (front/back/side). I missed so many location specific crits and status effects in XC because it wasn't always obvious where you were stood, so this already helps a ton.
- You phase through other party members now. Considering the amount of times Reyn and Sharla stood in front of me, blocking me into a corner whilst I got beaten to death, this is also an instant improvement.

We knew the world was huge as well, but it's just so much more impressive when you get to see it for yourself rather than through videos.

Tao's making me excited to get my copy tomorrow! I'll have to stop playing for Splatfest, because I need the snails, but my TV is a pretty decent size, and I wan't wait to see that world on it. <3

How big is your TV? dapperlace?

My room is pretty small, so I went with a 45 inch? It's 48 at most. I can't remember exactly anymore. I can't stay as far away from my own TV like I can with the one in the living room, so anything bigger would just be way too much.

I've just hit an hour into it. I'm just exploring, shooting stuff and finding those yellow marker things where you spam 'A' to hack.

So far the only real complaints I have are there weren't many hairstyles to choose from and the 'height select' doesn't have a reference point to compare your height to, but the character I play as usually always has the smallest available so it's not that bad. Just a pet peeve when there's no point of reference when selecting character height.

Otherwise, at least in terms of gameplay (since I've definitely not seen enough story to begin comparing) it feels so much more refined than the first game. Noticably:
- The on screen display to show where exactly I am in relation to the enemy (front/back/side). I missed so many location specific crits and status effects in XC because it wasn't always obvious where you were stood, so this already helps a ton.
- You phase through other party members now. Considering the amount of times Reyn and Sharla stood in front of me, blocking me into a corner whilst I got beaten to death, this is also an instant improvement.

We knew the world was huge as well, but it's just so much more impressive when you get to see it for yourself rather than through videos.
I'm in the middle of chapter 3, and I did a little side quest before starting on that. I've barely looked at it, but it seems like the quest page thing has been improved a bit since XC (with being able to select a quest).
The male hairstyle selection isn't very impressive. Agreed on the size thing too, but other than that it seems pretty solid imo.

Also, I did not know about the side/front/back thing, so thanks for the tip since I have probably wasted quite a few side slashes already.

I wonder if there are more tutorials or if I need to read the manual, cause I don't know what half the stuff on the screen is. :rolleyes: (I'm probably gonna read it anyway at some point)

I'm in the middle of chapter 3, and I did a little side quest before starting on that. I've barely looked at it, but it seems like the quest page thing has been improved a bit since XC (with being able to select a quest).
The male hairstyle selection isn't very impressive. Agreed on the size thing too, but other than that it seems pretty solid imo.

Also, I did not know about the side/front/back thing, so thanks for the tip since I have probably wasted quite a few side slashes already.

I wonder if there are more tutorials or if I need to read the manual, cause I don't know what half the stuff on the screen is. :rolleyes: (I'm probably gonna read it anyway at some point)

Well I've gone with a female character, so both confirmed to have disappointingly small hairstyle selections xD I thought it was neat that you can dye both the roots and the tips of your hair though. Plus they have such distinct and varied eye selections, which is a sentence I never imagined I would say about something!

I also like that they've taken on the thing typically from MMO's, where you have your regular gear that boosts your stats and your 'fashion gear' that is purely cosmetic. I'll no longer be torn between armor with better stats and ruining at nice looking outfit :p All games with customization should have this by default.

There seems to be a bit of a shortage on tutorials. I mean, at least it's not like XC, which gave you so much information at the start of the game via constant pop up screens that it was comparable to internet from the 90's. It was overwhelming and a lot to take in at once.
It could do with a few more than it has though. There's a lot of gameplay/menus/interface stuff that hasn't been explained which I don't think ever will be.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it says a lot about the game that my only complaints so far are really minor things like:
- Not as many hairstyles as I want.
- No reference point on the height selection
- Not enough tutorials.

I've usually got a list of legit complaints by this point.

Well I've gone with a female character, so both confirmed to have disappointingly small hairstyle selections xD I thought it was neat that you can dye both the roots and the tips of your hair though. Plus they have such distinct and varied eye selections, which is a sentence I never imagined I would say about something!

I also like that they've taken on the thing typically from MMO's, where you have your regular gear that boosts your stats and your 'fashion gear' that is purely cosmetic. I'll no longer be torn between armor with better stats and ruining at nice looking outfit :p All games with customization should have this by default.

There seems to be a bit of a shortage on tutorials. I mean, at least it's not like XC, which gave you so much information at the start of the game via constant pop up screens that it was comparable to internet from the 90's. It was overwhelming and a lot to take in at once.
It could do with a few more than it has though. There's a lot of gameplay/menus/interface stuff that hasn't been explained which I don't think ever will be.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think it says a lot about the game that my only complaints so far are really minor things like:
- Not as many hairstyles as I want.
- No reference point on the height selection
- Not enough tutorials.

I've usually got a list of legit complaints by this point.
On the male part I think it was only like 3-4 rows.

Oh yeah, I looked into the fashion gear for a second but got confused and ran away.

I think I'll probably just look into stuff/the manual as I go along. All those pop-ups in XC were not a good way to get information, at least I forgot all of it by the time I was actually back in a battle.

Agreed, it seems like a game I will use waaaay too much time on. Half of that time will probably be spent looking at vistas though.

Wow, a Nintendo game with complaints about not enough tutorial? What the hell is happening.

Yea, females had only 3/4 rows as well. I think that's like 9/12? I think it was 9. There was no ponytail hairstyle ; - ;

Yea, most of the info went right over my head with XC's bombardment. I went the entire game not really knowing how shield art worked, so didn't upgrade it since it didn't visually get any better with upgrades so never used it since it didn't deflect anything (because I didn't level it very far)...

Wow, a Nintendo game with complaints about not enough tutorial? What the hell is happening.

xD

There's still quite a bit of tutorial, there's just a lot it skips over as well.

I would say that it's probably just the devs not coddling us and acknowledging it's mostly stuff we can probably work out of ourselves, but they also explain the function of a jump button so I don't think that's it!

Took this screen shot.

WVW69ioLZoUG5MSAHm.jpg

Roca_del_Rey.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X = Disney/Nintendo crossover confirmed.

Hey Tao.
My two copies of the Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack will be delivered today! So excited!!!! :D

How is the game?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Xenoblade, but I kind of want to take a gamble with this game and just get it.

I'd say go for it! It's beautiful, has great music, and I hear a lot of people like its combat.

My local GameStop is still closed but I'll be heading out to pick up my pre-order fairly soon. I should probably at least download the basic pack in the meantime...

CVZ4QRCU4AA7ZTJ.jpg:large

It's cloudy outside so I can't even get good natural lighting. 8(

But the limited edition in NA has a bigger box than I anticipated. It's a bit like laying two WiiU games side by side, and it's about two WiiU games thick. The book has some really nice art in it but the lighting won't let me take good pictures. </3

Woah, the USB drive that comes in here is pretty heavy.

Last edited:
Well, my copy isn't actually going to make it until Monday which is a little disappointing... but I got Amazon to give me a $5 credit because of that! So my $15 Xenoblade is now down to $10, wow.

God, the US bundle is so much nicer than the EU one. The steenlbook is really nice but I'd rather have a large art book + usb.

Back