• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What would you like to see in the next AC?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
I often have random thoughts while playing about what could be done better in the next AC. I'm sure we all have these, so share your thoughts and maybe give your opinion about others!

Just now I thought, how cool would it be if there were several methods of transport, depending on where in the world the other player is from you. Personally living in Australia, and normally visiting players in America, my player would be best getting on a plane for those people. Or if I'm visiting someone also in Australia, then my player could take the train or taxi. It would give a nice reason to combine all the past travel methods in the AC games.

i would like to see more storage, maybe some additional regional holidays, voice chat when visiting somebody's town, and a way to keep playing at Club Tortimer or its equivalent after somevody else loses or cuts wi-fi (that should be the only person who drops out of the game)...

Those are some good ideas. Here's what I just thought would be cool also.

- a choice of terrains when starting the game. I once dreamt about AC and the land was desert like.

- speaking of Club Tortimer, more places to play with other players would be awesome. Imagine visiting a jungle, or a mountain. They could do tours tailored to the location. Like, the ore tour would be suited for a mountain.

I definitely think more storage would be really nice. I'd also like if when visiting the island (and future spots where people can visit randoms) that if one person got disconnected, it wouldn't just throw everyone off, that always bugs me D: Maybe an Able Sisters upgrade so there's more clothing every day.

I would like to see more storage, more fruit in the game, Perfect island fruit, more bugs and fish, every store has a upgrade because not that many items are in the small store like Kicks, able to bring your stuff to the island like golden tools, able to give bells to get medels, and more villager in your town.

Drawing Blanca's face again. I don't really like the April Fool's day thing, though it is good for getting pictures of villagers.

I totally agree with more storage! Who doesn't want to horde more stuff??

I really like the idea of choosing your terrain at the start of the game! That would be super cool! I'd love a jungle terrain.

I think that they should allow you to plot villagers yourself, or they should at least make it so they don't plot on hybrids or in orchards.

an internet postage system

So you can send money and items to your friends or best friends without having to travel to their town.

Last edited:
I think an easier way to lay paths would be nice! Maybe offer some paths instead of having to use qr codes. I really want a tree house pwp or as a house option. More wolf villagers :D

"Permanent" villagers would be nice. Like, say you're allowed to pick 5 villagers that never leave.. but you can also change this at any time. That'd be lovely.

A yard to work on like in HHD! More species, character development for the main NPCs, and extra storage to fuel my hoarding problem make my life easier would go a long way too.

I would like to see a feature to allow you to chose what area you can set your house at. beach, mountains, forest, jungle, underwater cave, in the city, the outskirts of nowhere, or the default town.

Every single old villager brought back plus new ones.

More public works projects.

Restaurants!

That is all I can think of at the moment.

Oh man, I've been thinking about this a lot lately... I have a short list.

- A mobile device/cellphone system: Can you imagine seeing your villager's small thoughts as if they were posting to a site like Twitter? (Chitter, maybe?) And if you could send them short messages and get short replies as if they were texts? I mean, Animal Crossing is a life-sim game... so it would make sense to simulate social media. Especially if the NX is compatible with mobile. They could even tie in a mobile app with it!

- The ability to mail friends in other towns, without visiting their town: I like being able to mail things, I also liked being able to mail other player characters in older AC games... but with New Leaf being hand-held it's more likely that people would want to be mayor of their own town, right? I'd be willing to pay postal fees to mail out-of-town friends as well.

- Importing the home design features from Happy Home Designer: I don't necessarily need to design other villager's homes this way, however I'd like more control over how I can decorate my own home. It would also be nice to be able to place furniture at angles, or place villager pics on walls instead of flat surfaces...

-NES Games return: Okay, so this is a stretch because of emulation on the 3DS and Wii U... however, they could also tie that in. Why not have Animal Crossing search for, and recognize data of a NES game on your system, and then mail you a copy of that in-game? It wouldn't damage the sales of the emulated/ported NES games, in fact in may incentivize it.

-Achievements: Badges already kind of take place of this... but they're a bit unbalanced. (300 Balloons popped for Bronze is fine, but 1500 and 5000 for silver and gold? What?) And maybe a bit more like, badges for repaying loans and collecting series of furniture. Although that's more of a desire for an achievement system on a Nintendo system than Animal Crossing specifically.

-In-Game Trading Post: Maybe Timmy and Tommy could expand their store at some point to host an online trading post for furniture? (Or, more sensibly, an upgrade for Re-Tail?) People could post pieces of furniture and request things in return. It would make obtaining full series much more easy.

I like to see a new game that would be a combination of new leaf and happy home designer. And i hope to see more interanctions, new forms of interactions with the villagers.

I made a whole video on the subject. Check it out.

This vid is amazing, btw!! I love some of the ideas you presented, and I've actually thought about some of those things myself (but not quite as in depth as you have). Also, amazing quality sound and video, loved it.

As for the things I'd like to see in the next AC game, yes, more storage, please give us more storage, sure what we get is a lot, but I've had to get rid of quite a bit of stuff because I keep collecting, and because I really need more storage. Also, I'd like to see storage/lockers in places besides our homes, the museum, and the train station, I'd love to see lockers at Re-Tail, that would be great. And maybe even lockers or a Cabana storage unit on the island, so we could access our stuff there, instead of being forced to use the tools there. I like to have voice chat (fairly obvious, but I thought it was worth adding). It would be nice if the island was a bit larger, it's nice to have and all, and I love it, but it would be cool to see more items in stock (or better yet, a small store that carries a few items in a separate part of the building). It'd be neat if the animal houses were larger, if we had a larger town of course, and had more rooms to go in. Oh and what we all wanna see - spots on the map for when we have friends over!! Please Nintendo give us that! I'm always kinda nervous about letting randoms in my town because I don't want my stuff getting stolen or destroyed, plus it would be nice to be able to find friends more easily rather than looking all over your town realizing it's probably an endless search because they aren't that far from you. Oh and houses on the beach would be nice.

OK....I've thought of plenty of other ideas (maybe I should be a developer xD) but I don't remember them atm (should write this stuff down) so for now I'll just stop, since I've already listed several things lol. A lot of the things I wanna see added are more small things, like storage and all.

Back