• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

what was your purpose for joining tbt?

To start was pretty obvious, just to trade for City Folk items.

I stayed for the personas or low-key celebrities that were apart of such a small forum that created groups and a sense of belonging that you wouldn't just find anywhere. On top of that, the gossip was top tier.

These days I won't recognize any user here unless they dm me about my pokeball collectible several times.

I joined because I don't know anyone who plays the game IRL and wanted to share thoughts and experiences. I found this place while searching for opinions on AC:NH and first inteded to just read what others think about the game, the villagers etc., but then figuered that I might as well create an account.

I don’t really remember too much, but I think I was browsing and looking for Animal Crossing stuff on google and then suddenly came across this website. I think then I browsed a little bit and realized this site was sooo much better than the other forum I was using. I’m actually glad I joined. The events are so much fun and I love talking to all the people here and collecting the collectibles. 🙂

i think i joined for region locked items in NL. my partner at the time had a 3ds and NL so i could get most things i didn't already have (like fruit) but there were so many cute region locked items in NL! i think the villager trading was what made me stay though, having spent a lot of time plot resetting in NL, getting to trade easily with nice folks was much more fun.

i use amiibo now for villagers (or just go island hunting, way more fun that resetting) and mostly stick around to buy resources and color/variant locked items for ACNH. super grateful for this community! it makes the game much more fun. i'm much older than when i started using TBT and i just love the chill vibe of TBT. i can't be bothered to learn how to use one of the other sites lol.

I was wondering if there were other Animal Crossing forums besides ACC (which is kinda dying now sadly), and I found this place and realized it's much more active which makes me know that forums aren't dead...yet

I can’t really recall the reason I decided to join. There was just a time I joined online forums related to video games I played, and I just stuck around.

I'm fairly certain I joined because I had planned to stop using GameFaqs for Animal Crossing trades. That had been the main Animal Crossing site I used when I first got into New Leaf and I did use it for a long time! I think some kind of drama went down though so I decided I wanted to quit, lol. I made an account here but I'm really sure why I didn't use it. I feel like I ended up going back to GameFaqs and then I joined a separate Nintendo forum before taking a break from forums and such for a while.

I logged back into my account last March due to the release of New Horizons! I've absolutely loved getting to use The Bell Tree for trades and to discuss the game in general. Having the other spaces on the forum has been so nice too and it's helped me make some new friends. 🥰 I wish I had been more active years ago but oh well!

I came from ACC cause man that place was D E D. I can't remember exactly why I first joined, it certainly wasn't for trading cause I didn't have WiFi back then.

I think I joined tbt for the same reason I joined ACC, to interact and discuss with other players. I heard tbt was more active and boi, even with New Leaf being as old as it was, this place was still way more active than ACC.

After months of having the account untouched thou cause somehow I messed up my password while making the account, I reset it and even since then I've been pretty active.

Wanted to make and share designs in NL, I think. I had been reading the forums before I registered too. ♡ its such a good vibe in here.

Found this forum after rediscovering animal crossing through new leaf and have been here pretty much since then! I just love this community so much and it’s my little safe haven when I want to escape the real world. The Museum is definitely my favourite aspect of the forum as I’m so inspired by other creative users, but as I’ve drifted away from the games I’ve loved the non-AC subforums like Brewsters cafe which keep me coming back daily :)

I joined to trade missing art pieces in New Leaf. After that, it grew to me getting all the flowers and catalogue items I wanted in New Leaf.

It was also essential for me when New Horizons came out and I wanted all the fruit and flowers :D

The word 'purpose' makes this whole concept seem so ... important, high level, god-like. But the reason I joined The Bell Tree was to discuss New Horizons in 2019 and be part of the general hype train. It was fun! Now I'm just here because no one ever leaves.

I can't recall how I even stumbled upon this site as I explored the web (maybe when I typed in New Leaf related stuff on the Google search engine?) but I lurked for a while and ultimately decided to join in 2016 because I was desperately seeking help in finding several items in New Leaf. From the top of my head the items ranged from wallpaper, flooring and clothing.

I didn't care to really chat with others outside of trades or discuss anything else non-AC related. I even took a two and a half year hiatus once I was done playing NL, which I regret because I missed out on a bunch of events/fairs, and therefore some very nice collectibles/awards. With the release of New Horizons, I returned, and began to feel less shy about socializing with others. I also feel comfortable and eager to share the things I like such as drawing and writing. It's a great outlet for whenever I'm feeling creative about something.

This is a real nice community with some good folks, collectibles are a lot of fun, and now I can't quite imagine life away from this place.

I joined because I was looking for the last Taurus fragment that I needed to make the Taurus bathtub lol. It was just out of Taurus season and I was one short. So happy I joined, because this place has really been like a family to me, especially over the past year. I try to do what I can to give back and help others, even in just little ways. :)

New Leaf stuff, mainly wanted to adopt villagers. I was getting tired of tumblr so moving here was way better for animal crossing trades. Stayed for the people and events, I like a lot of the people on this forum.

I joined in 2014 to sell my villager Coco in NL for in game bells. I was pretty poor even after trying to grind bells and at the time Coco was selling for around 20 mil IGB. After finding a buyer, I bought a few hard to get items on this site too and was hooked ever since. I think in 2016 I participated in my first TBTF event (halloween event) and had a lot of fun figuring out the riddles. I stopped going on for a bit but then once NH was announced I visited regularly and posted a lot to earn tbt for trading items in NH, which I still do to this day.

I honestly don’t remember, but it was likely to trade items and adopt villagers for New Leaf. I was too shy to talk so I mostly stuck to the trading boards. I also was active in the Pokemon boards, trading friend codes for the Friend Safari on XY. Wonder if anyone remembers that, I had the Electibuzz/Luxio/Pachirisu safari haha. After I was burned out on both games I just disappeared. Came back briefly after the hack fiasco in 2018 to change my password, also picked up a few villagers for my restart town.

Came back again with the release of New Horizons, mostly to look at discussions and trade items. I was less shy than before, so now I started getting active in discussions, participated in the fair, got an interest in collectibles, got back into drawing after years of feeling discourage thanks to such positive reception, did a lot of catalog trading, developed an obsession with Wix Candies, and made some great friends. I really wish I would have stuck around and participated with others before, as this place really has a genuine sense of community. Legit, it’s the best I’ve seen. ^^

Joined to catalog New Horizons items and to ask questions about the game, stayed for the collectibles and the people. The fair last year really showcased how incredible the staff and community are, I’ve never been so invested in an online forum. And I love how frequent events are throughout the year, it keeps me coming back even when I’m taking a break from Animal Crossing.

I joined to get villagers and get rid of furniture sets but really nothing else back then. Now days l just sit around on here and just talk about random things. I have no reason anymore imo because l haven't done anything Animal Crossing related on here.

Back