• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

what position do you sleep in?

how do you sleep?

• on my side

Votes: 118 77.1%
  • on my stomach

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • on my back

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • other

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
You guys are getting sleep?

Seriously, though. I sleep on my side curled up in the fetal position. Sometimes I curl up too tight and my bones just start crackalackin when I get up lol

I used to sleep on my side.

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder. In both shoulders. The stiffness and pain were constant and I had to take NSAIDs regularly. (Stands for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.) I couldn't lift my arms to wash my hair properly (had to tilt my head instead) or put a shirt with buttons on (shoulders and arms too stiff to go into sleeves). Naturally, I couldn't sleep on my side. It hurt too much. So I learned to lay on my back to go to sleep. I would always wake up on my back because, if I rolled onto my side while asleep, the pain woke me up and I had to go back to being on my back. The condition lasted a year.

Today, the habit remains. I can sleep on my side again but, oddly, I find it uncomfortable now. So I go to sleep on my back. I sometimes wake up on my side, but mostly on my back.

On my side, usually on my left. I don't feel comfortable sleeping on my back and only very occasionally swop the side up 😂

kind of a side + stomach combo; i’m comfiest when i’m on my right side but most of my weight is focused on my stomach. i’m able to sleep comfortably on my left side, too, but not very often aha

i’ve never been able to fall asleep on my back, though, and i’m amazed by everyone who can lmao

I usually fall asleep on my side but sometimes I’ll wake up sleeping on my back or front. I’ve also noticed I’ll sleep more on the side that’s facing away from the window in the room because I can’t stand having any light when I sleep. I think the only way I can sleep on my back is if it’s at a 105 degree angle and there’s a pillow supporting the upper half of my body (I’ve done this on accident from a nap lol)

I’m too scared to sleep on my back cause that position is mainly where sleep paralysis kicks in. Also I moan a lot in my sleep if I sleep on my back and people be understandably annoyed by that.

Side or back, it varies throughout the night. I absolutely can't sleep on tum, kudos to everyone who can though.

I sleep on my side sometimes, but I feel most comfortable sleeping on my stomach with my head facing to the left. Facing to the right strains my neck for some reason.

I sleep on my left side. I can't sleep on my stomach, but I can fall asleep on my back. I have to be really tired or it can be the only option for that to happen (after surgery, for instance).

I start on my back but always end up switching into a side sleeping position. Usually hugging a pillow and/or have a pillow inbetween my thighs.

What Xara said, I sleep on both stomach and one of my sides (I switch/move around in my sleep). Most of my weight is on my stomach but I'm kind of twisted around also.

I can literally sleep in any of these positions:
the-best-and-worst-sleep-positions-for-your-health-272663.jpg

Stomach, side and fetal position are my favourites though :>

On my stomach is my favorite way to sleep, and usually how I lay to initially fall asleep. I'm most comfortable laying on my left side, but I think that's partially due to laying on my left side always for the year my industrial piercing was healing on the right.

If my cat wants to snuggle, I can pretty much adjust to any way. We sleep like a puzzle some nights 😭 💜

I sleep in a combo of half on my back half on my side with my arm flung over my face.

Back