• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What I think the next Legend of Zelda should have.

What I think the next Legend of Zelda should have:

1. Deep story

2. Dark aspects

3. Many sidequests that aren't just "collect ___ number of ____ from all over"

4. A realistic land, and by that I mean, not like TP where people only live in a few places (Hyrule, Kakariko, and Ordon), it's supposed to be a vast kingdom, Four Sword Adventures had it right with people living EVERYWHERE, not just in towns or villages. There should also maybe be people traveling around on horseback, or on foot, like a real kingdom.

5. More exploration, and I don't mean just a few hidden caves and things, I mean hidden passages that lead to new places, and alot of them, that can eventually lead to mini dungeons, heart pieces, and maybe even more things!

6. Items that aren't useless, when was the last time I used the spinner again?

7. Challenge, In between ALTTP hard, and OOT hard, not too frustrating, but not too easy.

8. Some type of instrument, gotta have one of these

9. A larger span of inventory items, I want different tunics, shields, swords, etc.

10. Characters with in-depth personalities, like Majora's Mask, and recent sidekick characters, so people aren't just background characters.

11. Replayable Dungeons and Bosses, when Nintendo puts in fun bosses like in TP, it makes me sad that i'd have to completely replay through the entire game to beat them, i'd love a function like Majora's Mask where you can choose to fight them, maybe even make it a time attack, where you can get things by getting really good time.

12. REAL stealth, I don't mean small stealth portions, I mean real stealth, like you can sneak up on enemies instead of just doing a offensive head on attack like usual, where enemies don't see you coming unless they actually see you.

13. Useful Rupees, there should be things I actually want to buy, Minish Cap actually did this sort of, because I bought and tried to save money for kinstones and mysterious shells.

14. Different types of adventure in one game, I think it'd be nice to have sailing and horseback in one game, maybe have a very very large overworld, half of it land, the other half ocean with islands on it, i'd love that. Also by a very large overworld, I mean like TP map big, but add another TP map to the bottom, then turn that one into an ocean. It would have a boundry system similar to WW too, where if you try to go out to far a message will appear "You shouldn't leave Hyrule!"

Megamannt125 said:

1. Deep story

2. Dark aspects

4. A realistic land, and by that I mean, not like TP where people only live in a few places (Hyrule, Kakariko, and Ordon), it's supposed to be a vast kingdom, Four Sword Adventures had it right with people living EVERYWHERE, not just in towns or villages. There should also maybe be people traveling around on horseback, or on foot, like a real kingdom.

5. More exploration, and I don't mean just a few hidden caves and things, I mean hidden passages that lead to new places, and alot of them, that can eventually lead to mini dungeons, heart pieces, and maybe even more things!

7. Challenge, In between ALTTP hard, and OOT hard, not too frustrating, but not too easy.

9. A larger span of inventory items, I want different tunics, shields, swords, etc.

10. Characters with in-depth personalities, like Majora's Mask, and recent sidekick characters, so people aren't just background characters.

11. Replayable Dungeons and Bosses, when Nintendo puts in fun bosses like in TP, it makes me sad that i'd have to completely replay through the entire game to beat them, i'd love a function like Majora's Mask where you can choose to fight them, maybe even make it a time attack, where you can get things by getting really good time.

12. REAL stealth, I don't mean small stealth portions, I mean real stealth, like you can sneak up on enemies instead of just doing a offensive head on attack like usual, where enemies don't see you coming unless they actually see you.

13. Useful Rupees, there should be things I actually want to buy, Minish Cap actually did this sort of, because I bought and tried to save money for kinstones and mysterious shells.

14. Different types of adventure in one game, I think it'd be nice to have sailing and horseback in one game, maybe have a very very large overworld, half of it land, the other half ocean with islands on it, i'd love that. Also by a very large overworld, I mean like TP map big, but add another TP map to the bottom, then turn that one into an ocean. It would have a boundry system similar to WW too, where if you try to go out to far a message will appear "You shouldn't leave Hyrule!"
I actually like your idea, it sounds fun and more Zelda like.

Better idea:

Modern day, adult resembles Link, archaeologist. Discovers and ancient temple, goes in by himself, finds the Master Sword in the Pedestal of Time, pulls it out, restores the world to what it was like when the original Hero of Time was there.

Megamannt125 said:

1. Deep story

2. Dark aspects

We want the same thing.

Marcus said:
Modern day Zelda is like making Sonic an army soldier, it just doesn't go.
I have to disagree with that. The Sonic series is one that can be put into different eras just fine. Just look at Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight. Sonic fits into the story of the Arabian Nights and King Arthur just fine. And SHUT UP, THE GAMES WERE GOOD!!

Tyeforce said:
Marcus said:
Modern day Zelda is like making Sonic an army soldier, it just doesn't go.
I have to disagree with that. The Sonic series is one that can be put into different eras just fine. Just look at Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight. Sonic fits into the story of the Arabian Nights and King Arthur just fine. And SHUT UP, THE GAMES WERE GOOD!!
I agree

and i want more sheik!

I remember something awhile back about a new Zelda project which was fake, but I liked the idea of it.

It went something along the lines of it taking place in the far future and everything has a steampunk kinda feel to it(Ganon may have had control of everything, beats me). The main character is not Link since this is supposed to be far after his time, but he's completely convinced that he IS the reincarnation of Link. He dresses, acts and mimics everything about him. There was also some kinda calling that made him start his adventure, but I forget how it all went.

An interesting idea, but seemed more like some kind of a spinoff.

Charles said:
I remember something awhile back about a new Zelda project which was fake, but I liked the idea of it.

It went something along the lines of it taking place in the far future and everything has a steampunk kinda feel to it(Ganon may have had control of everything, beats me). The main character is not ]It can't be "far after Link's time", because there are multiple Links. Every Link is an incarnation of a past Link. Whenever an evil rises and threatens the Land of Hyrule, a hero named Link will come forth and defeat the evil. It's an endless cycle.

Zelda is not meant to be modern, they're supposed to take place during the Middle Ages not the future. If they made Zelda into a modern setting, they would be making a sci-fi game not a Middle Ages-based adventure game like Zelda should be.

MasterM64 said:
Zelda is not meant to be modern, they're supposed to take place during the Middle Ages not the future. If they made Zelda into a modern setting, they would be making a sci-fi game not a Middle Ages-based adventure game like Zelda should be.
It's still sci-fi.

Sci-fi is Star Wars,Star Trek,etc. while Zelda games are something else.

MasterM64 said:
Sci-fi is Star Wars,Star Trek,etc. while Zelda games are something else.
Science fiction short for Sci-fi is when something isn't according to science and not realistic.
Some stuff in Zelda could not happen in real life at all.

Tyeforce said:
Charles said:

It went something along the lines of it taking place in the far future and everything has a steampunk kinda feel to it(Ganon may have had control of everything, beats me). The main character is not ]It can't be "far after Link's time", because there are multiple Links. Every Link is an incarnation of a past Link. Whenever an evil rises and threatens the Land of Hyrule, a hero named Link will come forth and defeat the evil. It's an endless cycle.
I haven't really played a lot of Zelda games, so I was not exactly aware of that. I've never even remotely heard of anything like that about Link until now.
:huh:

Charles said:
Tyeforce said:
Charles said:

I haven't really played a lot of Zelda games, so I was not exactly aware of that. I've never even remotely heard of anything like that about Link until now.
:huh:
It should be obvious.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>This</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
link.png
</div>Is not the same as
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>This</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
zww-link5.jpg
</div>Or
Link-NES.gif
</div>See?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Every Link</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
allthelinks.jpg
</div>

Megamannt125 said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Every ]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t217/diggy272/allthelinks.jpg[/img]</div>
OMG THAT IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!! =D X3 <3

I don't see ALttP/LA Link, though... Or ST Link, but the game probably wasn't announced when the picture was made. =p

Back