• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What age did you start playing the series?

I was either 5 or 6 when I first played Animal Crossing, and the first one I played was the GameCube version.

By the way, I think this post would be better suited as a poll since you could collect the information in a much better way.

Idek, I think it was Wild World tho. I do own the GC version though, but that was after City Folk came out

Well I got WW when it was released over here, so... 2006? So 10 years ago I would have been 25 :)

10. I got New Leaf in 2013 and I've been playing ever since for three years, collecting over 1000 hours of play time collectively.

I got Wild World when I was 10. :)

Lesse', it was right after my birthday when Population Growing came out in 2002, so I was... 14.

Last edited:
when i was 8 or 9, i think? started with wild world

8 or 9, my first game was AC:pG. :3 It was already released since a few years though (I'm 18).

Dang y'all are experts compared to me. New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game, so I woulda been 18. Although I did get interest from playing my friend's copy of Wild World once when I was like, 14 or so. :p I kinda feel bad for y'all when it comes to Acres and all that tedious stuff... How did you guys cope?!

Last edited:
I played Wild World awhile after it came out, but before City Folk. Once I started playing CF I was hooked, stayed up playing it until about 6 AM with people over the internet during the summer. I was about 6 - 9 years old at the time. Years later I'm playing New Leaf. I love this series. :blush:

Last edited:
I recently got into it! So ACNL was my first AC game when I was like 20. I enjoy so much! :)

I think I was 12. It's been so awesome playing it, I find so much enjoyment now that I've found this website to play with even more people

I first started playing AC on the Gamecube in January 2008, when I was 8 1/2 years old, a month after I moved ito my new house. My brother got the GCN and a couple games for his birthday, and Animal Crossing just happend to be one of them.

Back