• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What age did you start playing the series?

I think I was around 9 years old. I played the Gamecube version with my sister and it was a blast! I'm about to turn 20 this year.

I started playing when I was 12! I guess I started a little late compared to all of you. :p

First played it on Gamecube when I was like...7? maybe, and then I recently picked up ACNL again around 2 years ago :)

I started when I was about 14 I believe

12 I think, Wild World.
Gamecube was never a thing here so I haven't learned till later that there was one for it.

Last edited:
Oh goodness, I want to say my first game was WW in 6th grade? So like 11/12-ish? Looking back on it, I had no idea what I was doing in game.

I think I was 6 or 7, and it was on Wild World :) and now I'm almost 13

Last edited:
Probably when I was 12, Wild World was my first game in the series (I got it for my birthday), I didn't get city folks, but when ACNL was unveiled I became excited about the series again, and I got it on release, I'm 20 now.

Dang, I feel like all of you guys were older when you started playing AC!
I started playing the games when I was only 5, but I was actually a pretty good reader for my age (I learned to read when I was two). My town was called "BVN" (though I didn't know that would end up being my town's name at the time and got really mad at myself), and when I learned what abbreviations were, I decided it stood for "Beautiful Valley Nation". I remember Resetti once freaked out at me for not saving my game, and when I tried saying "sorry" to him, he yelled at me more. I then asked my dad for help; he called the mole a "flying buttress". I then turned the power off and gave up. That was pretty darn funny (at the time, but it still is in a nostalgic way).

I seem to remember Margie, Kid Cat, Punchy, Dotty, and Static being my favorite villagers until they all moved away (though I reclaimed them on City Folk--yaay!). Then I got Butch, whom I loved, but he moved away, too. When I got him in my ACNL campsite, my heart screamed "FATEEEE," and I made him move in ASAP (after losing rock-paper-scissors thrice). He's still my favorite villager. <3 I'm currently attempting to get Dotty back, though!

And, actually, not to make this post any longer, I got two copies of AC:NL on my birthday (I got a gift card from my friend and downloaded the digital copy, then got a physical copy later that day). I made my main game's character Mark from Lunetta and made the other (digital copy) game the opposite version of me (Macy from Sun Peak). I ended up leaving my main game on an airplane because my sister lost my game case :)///), so Sun Peak is now my main town (surprisingly, I use Macy's character more than Mark's). Yay for digital copies!

Last edited:
Back