• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

If animal villagers can have cotton candy I NEED a photo of Katyperry and Pashmina with some!

Honestly my favorite small update so far. I love all of the food items and I'm glad to see some items from new leaf return!

The second best small update would be the one in March, but because half of it was locked behind amiibo...

Hmm. I'm not super excited about the update since I don't use the hand held food items very much. But it'll be nice to do the fireworks shows again and to see Jolly Redd in the plaza!

That was me!

If @Rosch posts the codes again I'll take another crack at them (I can't be bothered tracking that thread down...)

I believe my other guess was Snowball for SnBa...so we'll see what winter brings.
Here you go. Added Cotton Candy and Tapioca Drink into the list.
  • SpnR (SpanneR)
  • DStk (DishStack)
  • GlDr (Glass Drink)
  • Cnut (Coconut)
  • Pitc (Pitcher)
  • Trwl (Trowel)
  • STWN
  • CoCa (Cotton Candy)
  • TaDr (Tapioca Drink)
  • SnBa
EDIT:
Just to point out that the above are all unused handheld items found in the code added in ver1.10. Some are for villagers, some are for players, some are both. Which is which, I don't know.

Last edited:
  • SpnR (SpanneR)
  • DStk (DishStack)
  • GlDr (Glass Drink)
  • Cnut (Coconut)
  • Pitc (Pitcher)
  • Trwl (Trowel)
  • STWN
  • CoCa (Cotton Candy)
  • TaDr (Tapioca Drink)
  • SnBa
My guess for the glass drink is maybe it's the smoothie that the villagers can drink? No clue on the other ones

• SpnR (SpanneR)
  • DStk (DishStack)
  • GlDr (Glass Drink)
  • Cnut (Coconut)
  • Pitc (Pitcher)
  • Trwl (Trowel)
  • STWN
  • CoCa (Cotton Candy)
  • TaDr (Tapioca Drink)
  • SnBa
Thanks!

I would've never ...ever...guessed Tapioca Drink...

So...if I remember correctly...most of these pertain to working at some kind of restaurant, correct?

Just my opinion obviously, but I don't think Spanner is correct. In all other instances the capitals represent their own words....unless we expand it to Spanner Ratchet...and then I dunno what purpose it would serve in AC. Is a spanner something else in other dialects?

Thanks!

I would've never ...ever...guessed Tapioca Drink...

So...if I remember correctly...most of these pertain to working at some kind of restaurant, correct?

Just my opinion obviously, but I don't think Spanner is correct. In all other instances the capitals represent their own words....unless we expand it to Spanner Ratchet...and then I dunno what purpose it would serve in AC. Is a spanner something else in other dialects?
It wasn't really clear whether some of these are for a restaurant of sorts. I recall I was just theorizing that because many of these seems to be restaurant related (also my theory of having part-time jobs).

SpnR could be Spanner Roll as well, which is a set of ratchet spanners in a bag. But it could just be a single spanner ratchet.

It wasn't really clear whether some of these are for a restaurant of sorts. I recall I was just theorizing that because many of these seems to be restaurant related (also my theory of having part-time jobs).

SpnR could be Spanner Roll as well, which is a set of ratchet spanners in a bag. But it could just be a single spanner ratchet.
I think your information actually led me to go digging for info initially, and I think I did actually find something about a restaurant...and as I'm typing this I think it was actually a youtube source that according to fans is mostly hype and very unreliable lol

Part time jobs is a great theory though...the spanner would make perfect sense if that's the case.

I appreciate you posting the info Rosch...but I've just accepted pondering on STWN would be almost pointless...I'm fairly confident they're all individual words...and I can't picture any 4 word handheld items at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's some weird code for popsicle ;)

I'll put my bias aside and approach this objectively. Not only are we waiting for one substantial update, but after the community being put aside does Nintendo think it's near enough? We've for the majority been floating by on the bare minimum while Pocket Camp churns out constant updates. From what I've been told the New Horizons team was reallocated to the new Splatoon as well. The bottom line is that they burned this community. They already had our money so we were last on their list of priorities.

I don't think one big update is going to make up for all the time they spent all but shelving this game. And I glad for an update? Sure. How do we know they just aren't going to say "You got your content, we have other projects again, see you later!" Nintendo short of consistent, large updates isn't going to move the needle here. Most of us feel burned with how we were treated. As it is for one update that they consider content which is ambiguous as to just how much, we'll have to wait for sometime this year. This tells me either it's a massive update or they had nothing in the works, that they're just *now* starting to work on it.

I'd expect given the timeframe the team is only working on this supposed update part time rather than making it their focus as well. In my opinion, given how well New Horizons sold it was a bad decision to push actual content for this game to the back of the line. Nintendo couldn't have expected the reception to be mostly positive to this. They've so much ground to make up and they went too far with leaving players out in the cold. There are so many players who have quit this game and won't trust Nintendo with it again as far as they can throw them. Here's hoping we get continual, actual content not just a one and done.

I think your information actually led me to go digging for info initially, and I think I did actually find something about a restaurant...and as I'm typing this I think it was actually a youtube source that according to fans is mostly hype and very unreliable lol

Part time jobs is a great theory though...the spanner would make perfect sense if that's the case.

I appreciate you posting the info Rosch...but I've just accepted pondering on STWN would be almost pointless...I'm fairly confident they're all individual words...and I can't picture any 4 word handheld items at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's some weird code for popsicle ;)
It's Something That We Need. :p

Speaking of popsicle, I wish they give us the soda, sandwich, cupp of tea and donuts as well. Those are already in the game anyway.

Happy to get an update. I like the fireworks shows, but still a little disappointed that we haven't seen something more substantial yet.

Fingers crossed that something big is in the pipeline.

I'd expect given the timeframe the team is only working on this supposed update part time rather than making it their focus as well. In my opinion, given how well New Horizons sold it was a bad decision to push actual content for this game to the back of the line. Nintendo couldn't have expected the reception to be mostly positive to this. They've so much ground to make up and they went too far with leaving players out in the cold. There are so many players who have quit this game and won't trust Nintendo with it again as far as they can throw them. Here's hoping we get continual, actual content not just a one and done.

I agree with this so much. I get they made so much money with this game, but they seriously missed a huge opportunity to make even more money by continuously giving quality updates. Forget about doing the right thing for the fans, from a business standpoint alone I don't think it was smart. They had so many months that would have been perfect to release something exciting to boost sales, but they waited too long. A lot of people label this a dead game now and it will be really tough to revive it (if it's even possible) and get people hyped about it again.

It's obvious that Nintendo is trying to leverage their online service to fund "free" DLC for games like Animal Crossing. And it's clear that that's not working, as far as customer satisfaction goes. I'm glad to hear that they're planning more content, but I would honestly rather than charge money so we can actually get some real content. If everyone is unwilling to pay actual money for ongoing development, how are they going to fund ongoing development? Sales cover the actual production of the game, not 5 years of development post-release. Other games with multiple years of development have some form of obligating money from the consumer. So this game needs that. Not microtransactions, just paid expansions or something.

I agree with this so much. I get they made so much money with this game, but they seriously missed a huge opportunity to make even more money by continuously giving quality updates. Forget about doing the right thing for the fans, from a business standpoint alone I don't think it was smart. They had so many months that would have been perfect to release something exciting to boost sales, but they waited too long. A lot of people label this a dead game now and it will be really tough to revive it (if it's even possible) and get people hyped about it again.

I agree. Setting aside fan expectations, not following up with DLC and significant content updates post-launch has been a huge wasted opportunity. Even many of the updates we got were essentially base-game additions that were time-locked.

It genuinely feels like they got the money and just ran from the game. Older, less popular games than NH get more attention and DLC.

@Rosch Are all those abbreivated words confirmed to be the things like DishStack/Trowel or is that what we are assuming them to be? I haven't really kept up with those coded words. I remember months back that you showed them to us. Because the trowel sounds like more gardening stuff or a garden furniture tool, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

It's obvious that Nintendo is trying to leverage their online service to fund "free" DLC for games like Animal Crossing. And it's clear that that's not working, as far as customer satisfaction goes. I'm glad to hear that they're planning more content, but I would honestly rather than charge money so we can actually get some real content. If everyone is unwilling to pay actual money for ongoing development, how are they going to fund ongoing development? Sales cover the actual production of the game, not 5 years of development post-release. Other games with multiple years of development have some form of obligating money from the consumer. So this game needs that. Not microtransactions, just paid expansions or something.
If it's new stuff that didn't exist in older games, I would say that is fine, but baseline stuff is not the way to go. We're all probably adults and or teenagers here, but imagine all the kids (this is still considered a kid/family game after all) who won't be able to experience the full AC experience that was available freely on all the other previous titles. Imagine them asking us to pay for holidays and events to no longer be timelocked with something akin to the 'Holiday Pass' That just wouldn't sit right. Like the game stops getting updates so you can no longer wait for them to update the next holiday and so they expect extra money on top of that $60 for something that should had just been in the game from the start.

The WA update was also free. It's amazing that it was free with how much content it has. Playing online during that time was also free. Now they want us to spend $400 to make another additional island. They're greedy. I really don't want to see what they would consider paid dlc, especially when it probably won't even compare to what we got for free with the WA update.

As it is for one update that they consider content which is ambiguous as to just how much, we'll have to wait for sometime this year. This tells me either it's a massive update or they had nothing in the works, that they're just *now* starting to work on it.
This is what has been on my mind ever since Doug made that comment about 'more stuff coming' and the tweet NoA/Isabelle just made recently 'for us to be more patient and they appreciate that' That they really didn't have anything loaded and now they realize how many are upset and are just now deciding to work on sizeable things. I mean really, cotton candy and popsicles are cool and all, but 3 months since the last update? And a year and a 1/2 since launch? This game totally feels like early access after all this time.

@Rosch

This is what has been on my mind ever since Doug made that comment about 'more stuff coming' and the tweet NoA/Isabelle just made recently 'for us to be more patient and they appreciate that' That they really didn't have anything loaded and now they realize how many are upset and are just now deciding to work on sizeable things. I mean really, cotton candy and popsicles are cool and all, but 3 months since the last update? And a year and a 1/2 since launch? This game totally feels like early access after all this time.

I have to say I instantly thought this as soon as nothing was mentioned at E3 until someone from Nintendo said that they have other updates planned (or something along those lines). It felt very kinda “uh oh, we thought people would have forgot about this game by now”.
That being said I really hope that the backlash they received for that pushed them to actually make more updates that deliver content that goes beyond an event we’ve already seen.

But then I gotta wonder… where have Nintendo been since ACNH launch? Surely they would have seen the thousands of brilliant ideas before now? They must have known the vast majority has been asking for Brewster since launch, along with other NPCs from previous games.

I’m just going to keep waiting patiently I guess, I just wish there was more communication between Nintendo and their fans. So many games have devs on social media interacting with the players, listening to their ideas and forwarding them to higher ups. They could massively improve the game with very little brainstorming because it’s been done for them!

Back