• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Tumblr vs reddit

Serk102

First nonbot on TBT 2.0
Bells
Mailbox
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I'm positive that this thread will lead to edifying discussion of the merits and pitfalls of both sites. Please post your thoughts below.

But honestly, I want to know what people think about both sites. I'm not on Tumblr, but I visit reddit from time to time.

Last edited:
I never used Tumblr, though I tend to use reddit daily. Some of the Photoshopped images they make are hilarious.
[SUB]Some Photoshop battles though. Wow.[/SUB]

i don't use reddit. it is a big community, but i've seen a lot of groups being rly Yuck there so i've stayed away.

i like tumblr a lot. as long as you choose your communities it's great, i have friends i got to know through tumblr.

Reddit can be useful for asking questions and learning (like their makeup site is rlly good) but some of it is just gross (more so than a lot of sites IMO), tumblr can be annoying but it also can be a great site for sharing and discovering art and writing!

I hardly go on Reddit unless someone links me something but idk, they both have their great posts and their ****-fiascos just like any other site.

I kind of see a little bit of reddit. Aside from Tumblr, I use imgur's front page. A lot of reddit stuff can end up on there since it's kind of an extension to reddit. I personally don't think I'd get along with the reddit community so I haven't posted on there much. Same goes for Tumblr, but since I'm following the right people I've had a pleasant experience so far.

I kind of see a little bit of reddit. Aside from Tumblr, I use imgur's front page. A lot of reddit stuff can end up on there since it's kind of an extension to reddit. I personally don't think I'd get along with the reddit community so I haven't posted on there much. Same goes for Tumblr, but since I'm following the right people I've had a pleasant experience so far.

The trick to reddit is to subscribe to only the subreddits you're interested in. r/all is usually cancer, especially during politics season.

I go on reddit from time to time, usually cause I'm bored or something video game related. I have a tumblr account, I use to to follow just a few friends and some nice accounts

I use Reddit as much as I use this site, I think. I don't have anything against Tumblr, but I feel like Reddit is easier to get around. They're both great, in my opinion.

I hate using both reddit and tumblr but I have nothing against (most) people who use them x3

i look at reddit sometimes but i never post or anything
im on tumblr a lot but i pretty much use it for venting/to find qr codes and stuff bc i dont have followers

theyre fine if you stay away from the bad parts, i dont really understand how people can aggressively hate either one of them

I prefer reddit, people remember you on smaller communities, you have the whole item-suggestion, mods and po- no on Isaac. Dark Souls has the 2,000 PSA's a day, quityourbull**** is full of hilarity, OSRS and RS3 are quite chill places...

But the mob mentality is bullcrap. Try to post something opposite to the usual opinion, you'll get downvoted into the pits of oblivion. Then one guy will be your white knight and say "y u downvote him for opinion bois i thought we had a nice community" and everyone will upvote you, you'll hit the front page and get +10k karma and everyone will pretend to say you're special for not liking something.

I haven't been to tumblr, but the layout makes me want to blind myself.

Last edited:
Back