• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Thoughts on Kagerou Project (Mekakucity Actors)

tumblr_n50ndg1Lo81s9oa44o1_1280.png

Is anyone going to mention how the cat's eyes are red?
THEY'RE FREAKING RED
THE FREAKING CAT
HIS EYE POWER PROBABLY KILLS PEOPLE
STUPID CAT

HNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
5th episode, . . . Just. . .
well . . .
That was unexpected.

Watching the new episode raw, on a stream that would go in and out all the time was truly just the most wonderful way of enjoying Mekakucity Actors.

Like seriously my brain was just in a constant state of "?!??!?!?" and a bit of "!!1!!1!!!"

"Why is shintaro naked'!??!" "OK THIS IS COOL BUTt like why are they playing a card game?!?!???!" "Konoha baby stop" "KONOHA WHAT THE ACTUAL-" "KURO?!?..H?A??!?!..hoho ok ok ok thats better" "TRUCK?!?!?!?!?" "?!?!??!?!??! WHY IS SHINTARO BEING SWALLOED TOO?!?!??!" "AYANOOOOOOOOOO" "YUUUUKEEEEEEI YEEESTERDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY"

OR WELL aparently its going to be called Headphone Actor but we all know its going to be the Yuukei Yesterday plotline

I dont think my heart was ready for many of the things that happened now and its DEFINITIVELY not ready for next weeks ;_;

Last edited:
I loved the songs and the manga, the whole idea overall
but it really ticked me off how the animator tried to imitate
Bakemonagatari's animation, and they didn't do so well.
The art wasn't that great nor the shading, and I felt like
Shintarou's room was too clean LOL. None the less,
I loveee Shidu and Jin's works :).

The people that's are doing the animation also did the monogatari series, there name is shaft :)
I'm not sure if you knew that, I just thourght I'd point it out..

In the new episode all I did was cry so much
I was just so sad when the last line was said like omfg //cries and then dies//
I really liked the episode over all, Konoha was so cute >////<

Its made by the same Animation studio that did the Monogatari series though!
My theory right now is that budget and time constraints things ended up being a bit sloppy (You can also see this on another Shaft production, Madoka Magica... some shots from the TV release are just cringe worthy) but hopefuly they will fix and polish everything for the bluray releases?

They do show Shintaro?s room in the flashback when he first met Ene as being dirtier and disorganized though! I like to think the fact that Shintaro?s room is clean now represents how Ene, as annoying and Shintaro thinks she is, has actualy been a positive influence in his life (All the way up to helping him fainly get out of his room.)

Its made by the same Animation studio that did the Monogatari series though!
My theory right now is that budget and time constraints things ended up being a bit sloppy (You can also see this on another Shaft production, Madoka Magica... some shots from the TV release are just cringe worthy) but hopefuly they will fix and polish everything for the bluray releases?

They do show Shintaro?s room in the flashback when he first met Ene as being dirtier and disorganized though! I like to think the fact that Shintaro?s room is clean now represents how Ene, as annoying and Shintaro thinks she is, has actualy been a positive influence in his life (All the way up to helping him fainly get out of his room.)

Ye they do tend to fix things up with the bluray relese :)
Also I second everything you just said, but at the end of the day it's your opinion Solaeus

Last edited:
Ye they do tend to fix things up with the bluray relese :)
Also I second everything you just said, but at the end of the day it's your opinion Solaeus

Im like 90% sure they animate the episodes literaly days after they release them (I remember people comparing pictures of Shintaro?s legs on the very first trailer, I think he has like 2 left feet or something like that, and it was fixed in the episode released a couple days later. So... they definitively must be just dealing with deadlines right now)

I guess its all about how people feel about Shaft?s style in general. (They DEFINITIVELY like taking many artistic liberties, which can divide people a lot. ) The one thing I dont think Ill forgive them about is the fact that they left out Shintaro?s bunny, Tono! D: ( I MEAAN its a really minor thing but pets?s existances are important to me! )

Welp.
That ending though.. .

*bangs head on table*
OH MY GOD TAKANE NUUUUUUUUU
WHY WOULD YOU NOT CHECK YOUR BAE TO MAKE SURE HES BREATHING
DGNJUFDFNKKUUY,FUYFYTMDJYRXYJRXYJRX
UGH I HATE THAT I KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN, GODDANGIT JINNNNNNNNNN

*deep breath*
But it actually seriousness, i felt like this episode was a little lackluster. I didn't exactly like the changes made from the manga, but thats mostly because they left a lot of moments with takane and haruka out. I feel like they could've made the relationship between the two stronger and took their time instead of just putting it into one big yuukei yesterday montage at the end. I really thought some lines in the manga developed the characters more. Like when Haruka sighed of relief when Ene admitted she liked the game, how Haruka made the creatures all bloody in the game because he thought takane would like it, and when he told Takane that he wouldn't hate her if she changed. These were just little things that i think they could've fit into the episode to make it seem like less of a one sided relationship with takane. Besides that line at the end, i really felt like they should've developed the relationship more, because the more you make the relationship believable, the more it hurts when tragedy strikes. I honestly started to tear up in the manga because i felt the connection between the two. But i didnt get the same feeling with this. It just all felt rushed somehow. It wasn't horrible, just kinda dissapointing.
//rant
also I really wanted to see the Haruka fountain scene. . .

Episode 7 huh. .

Hm. . .

Yeah. . .

ヽ(;▽;)ノ im done.
kano. Stop being an *******.
Kenjirou. Stop being an *******.
Asami. Stop being an *******.
Please and thank you.
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
NNGGG SERIOUSLY THOUGH KANO, NO. NO. NO.
STOP.
URG.
URG.
URG.
*sob*
Okay, who is harukas voice actor because that part at the end made me want to cry, like Danggg. I knew what was going to happen but still ; ;
KANOOOO. Kido needs to slap some sense into you -_- thats not how you explain that someones bae has just died, jeebus. Even if it she was a minor aquaintance of your dead sister. Go back to playing yu-gi-oh.
Just.

HNGGGG. JIN.
JIN.
STOP.
And Asami please stop potientially raping people with snakes.
-sincerally everyone
*sigh* now i want the next episode to be out already, even though its lost time memory and ene may or may not die. God, a lot of peole die in this show don't they XD

Back