• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

This amiibo chart confirms New Leaf + Welcome amiibo characters are back (exceptions)

I just bought the Beau card so I can eventually invite him to my town...so hopefully that one works. From the chart it should. I think he will be the only one I scan in...I wanna let them move in naturally, but idk lol. I have a stitches, Rosie, Dobie, and Rex card I also love lol.

So are the Welcome Amiibo villagers getting put in the base game without needing the amiibo cards? That would be great news, as someone who never used the cards. It basically opens up another 50 characters for me to have.

My guess is yes. I think the cards would just guarantee that you can see the villager and be able to get them in your town. With nearly 400 villagers (and maybe over that, including new ones), the chances of seeing one particular villager that you want to see normally is pretty low. But if you're fine with ANY of the WA villagers, then the chances would be decent (about 1 in 8 chance).

Since the Sanrio villagers returned in Pocket Camp in the form of an event, I think we might have a similar thing occur in the future for New Horizons.

I hope we get something like in NL where they unlock items. And I hope the Sanrio come back. They are soooo cute!

So what are all of the sanrio characters then? I don't know much about them

Man I'm pretty salty about the Sanrio cards not being included. I got them as a gift and I know they must've cost a pretty penny..
I really really hope they add them later on. Although that might also mean they'd need to re-release them I guess.

ooooh i'm sad about the Sanrio removal - i just got three of them sent to me and was excited to try scanning amiibos for the first time!! at least we can get posters... almost as sad as the canadian new horizons pre-order bonus LOL

ooooh i'm sad about the Sanrio removal - i just got three of them sent to me and was excited to try scanning amiibos for the first time!! at least we can get posters... almost as sad as the canadian new horizons pre-order bonus LOL

I'll have to make some sort of shrine room filled with posters of my Sanrio villagers until they are added in the game!

I'm also pretty bummed about the Sanrio cards. I own all the Sanrio cards, but I never had any of the Sanrio characters move into my NL town because I didn't want to move anyone out at the time. I was excited to try adding them to my NH island. Oh, well. :/ What I'm more concerned about is whether or not the Sanrio furniture items will be available in the game at some point. My entire NL house was Sanrio-themed, and I was hoping to do the same in NH.

What does the *1 and *2 mean for series 1 - 4 cards?

NVM just saw it at the bottom.

Last edited:
i don't care too much about amiibo cards because i don't own any, but the sanrio villagers were cute so it's a little sad that they are gone

So are they going to be printing more welcome amiibo cards then? I missed out on buying many of them

So are they going to be printing more welcome amiibo cards then? I missed out on buying many of them

I've literally never ever seen them on sale where I live, I only managed to pre order the sanrio pack before release...

The Japanese My Nintendo store has Welcome amiibo packs for sale so who knows...

Last edited:
So... what are all the amiibo figures needed to get all of the special characters (Epona, etc) in New Leaf? If they ever do add them back into NH, I want to be prepared...

Back