• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

TheBigJC's Daily Gaming #6 - Up in the air! Plus, surprise game!

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Today's gaming is centered about Pilotwings, a flight simulation game that utilize Mode 7 was released since the launch day of SNES. Keep on reading, my fellows readers. Who knows I might throw some surprises!

In the game, we accomplish missions while maneuvering different aircrafts like plane, hang glider, jetpack, parachute and a few others. Each of them handles in a different way, and mastering their intricacies is a must when dealing with tougher lessons that Pilotwings throw at you later on. When I say tougher, it's definitely a lot harder than one might think, and can be even classified as Nintendo Hard to some. There will be a lot of trials and errors just to get hang of the controls and quirks of each aircraft. Well, that's pretty much it. Let's delve deeper on my progression.

I went from Lesson 3 to 4, and I'm already stuck at the plane one. I can't seem to nail down both the arch and landing smoothly. When I get away too far from the goals, the radar won't show them. One comment from Miiverse suggested me to do a figure 8 so I can manage to hit the arch and line up well enough to properly land. And since I don't like wasting too much time after losing, Pilotwings is one of the games I'd abuse the handy savestate when something goes wrong. Next time I get to play this game, I will try this strategy out and see what I can do to improve if that isn't enough.

One 3DS title recently got released in Japan. It coincides with the announcement of King Dedede being a playable character for the next Super Smash Bros. game. Guess what?

zlCfzRXVXuIuOHjKcE

Yeah! I'm talking about Kirby: Triple Deluxe! I just got it tonight off from my Japanese 3DS eShop and it took around 4713 blocks to install the game. This a Kirby game you all know and love, more specifically similar to Kirby: Return to Dreamland. He can suck up an enemy, and some of them might bestow him a copy ability upon digesting it. The game also add a few new copy abilities, new minigames (one of them is multiplayer) and a much stronger sucking that can even uproot a tree. It's very easy to play the game even in Japanese, because the amount of text showing up in the game is fairly minimal and they're usually not very important so far. It's going to be a fun game according to my playthrough of the relatively super easy World 1.

zlCfzRXWGAkNUVJyuy

That reminds me a lot of Kirby's Epic Yarn

I noticed a fews things that are more obscure, but I feel like it's worth saying them. First off, Kirby can now dodge attacks like he do in Super Smash Bros. games. You hold L or R button, and hit on any direction to dodge. And you can even do it while in mid-air by just pressing L or R.

zlCfzRXVjykrPleOzq

Mid-air dodge!

Second, Download Play users will be limited with two copy abilities on Fighter Kirby: Sword and Cutter. Anyone who owns the game will have access to a full roster of copy abilities. I wonder on how bad this will affect the balance, but I know that a Up+B Hammer Charge needs to dish 3 hits to fully deplete an average Kirby's lifebar.
And third, the 3D finally auto-adjust itself whenever you tilt your 3DS sideway. That's good to know!

More details about my progress on the spoiler tab, just in case you're willing to read the potential spoilers.

Regarding my progress, I only ever completed World 1 of the Story Mode portion and collected 18 keyrings including the gold ones found on every level, which brings me to a percentage completion of 9%. That world contained 13 sun stones hidden in 5 normal stages and in one secret stage. To reach a Boss Stage on World 1, you'll need at least 5 sun stones.

Well, that's my today gaming session. Hope you enjoyed this entry and see you later for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and more Kirby: Triple Deluxe antics!

Back