• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Mental Health Clinic

Whilst I've never been diagnosed officially with depression I do believe I suffer from a mild form of it alongside "Reverse SAD" which is related to feeling anxious as the days get longer and warmer in summer months. Since the start of July my mental health has plummeted as the temperatures have soared here in the UK with no sign of any cooler weather on the way anytime soon. I wake up every morning feeling extremely anxious and have to force myself to eat breakfast which isn't like me at all as I love breakfast. I do believe though that once the cooler and more autumnal weather sets in in the UK my anxiety will disappear until late Spring next year, however for the moment I'm stuck in this perpetual cycle of feeling low and anxious (and on the verge of tears at times) as another heatwave is about to rear it's ugly head.
It has been ridiculously hot here in the UK hasn’t it. I think we’re over the worst of it, much cooler from now on out 🤞🏻

I'm actually surprised to see so many things in this threat already that I can relate too like not enjoying going to parties for example. I don't know if I have any mental disorder but I have been accompanied by psychologist since my 16 years old. When I was a child I was the popular girl with the gameboy which the kids found real curious and boys and girls wanted to play pretend with me. I was mocked even then but I was still very strong willed so it never affected me. I changed to another school and noticed no one wanted to play anymore. Then I was "abandoned and replaced" by my best friend as she literally turned her back on me to talk with other girls. I felt like a ghost in that group. She wasn't talking to me anymore by my 10 years old and the school groups had already been formed and suddenly I was alone. After all that I was manipulated by girls who labeled me as "best friend" and then would dump me when their had their fun, then things got worse and I was bullied by different girls in all school I went to since that. Never had the support of colleagues and teacher and some teacher would even witness a bully yell at me and do nothing. I even had a teacher who accepted bribes from a bully girl and she could so wharever she wanted in class which it still shock me to this day just thinking about it.
I never had friends and the trauma still last. I hate schools because of it and was able to only recover partly when I finally was done with education by my 25 years old. It is still very hard for me to trust girls I always choose a guy doctor or psychologist for example because of how damaging girls were to me and not because I "like guys" like some people like to assume.
I lack social skills because I didn't have a choice and I hate it. There was always a bully pushing me away and when I was labeled no one wanted to be associated with me.
As an adult I searched for groups to meet people and in Portugal well there are none. I found one online on reddit (that is gone now) XD which was real bad because most of them were guys and I learned when I joined why that was a bad idea. The first meeting there were like 6 guys and 2 girls counting me and there were 2 guys who kept talking to me. I was so happy someone finally wanted to talk to me but I did notice everyone else was avoiding me even the girl because these 2 guys kept pushing everyone away. The more creepy one i immediately hated but the other one was calm and real manipulative and he knew how to reel me in. I really didn't have much of a choice at first because the calmer guy was tall and real strong and was keeping me safe from the other creep who joked around about "druging people" so yeah. I started a romantic relationship with the calmer more seductive guy that lasted 2 years and that I'm still confused about it. I'm convinced he was what people would call a "covert narcissist" as he did gaslight me several times. His mother was a total narcissist I have no doubt about it and she loved to joke about how her son was going to kill me at the wedding. It was so messed up and it hurt a lot when I confronted him about all he did wrong and all he could say was "it was my fault". It hurt that I was alone again and that was why it was so hard for me to leave him. He knew I craved a sense of belonging and affection and that is how he played me. I hate to admit but I still miss that affection and I hate it. However I am on a better metal state without him.
I have a new psychologist because my previous one got "tired" of accompanying me and yelled at me saying "You're crazy!" (I was still with my ex at the time). These recent experiences made me distrust guys. I was already wary of girls and now I was getting scared of guys as well.
Now as a 29 years old girl everyone says adult can't make friends and I can clearly see that and it hurts. I'm surprised I am even still here to be honest most people that have similar experiences just leave you know. But part of the reason I am still around is because I want to prove I can still make a change you know. If not by finding friendship I have been brainstorming and working on an original story for years now (ever since I was 14 years old) that is like a methaphor of my life. I hope that one day when I finish it that it reaches many people that might ge going through similar things like me and find confort that they are not alone. That there is hope even when you are near your 30. If I didn't have parents with money to support my recovery through all that bad trauma I wouldn't be here that is for sure.
Yes I am 29 years old and still struggle with what I want to do in my life but how "late" we adapt to society also depends on how badly society has treated you in the past. It is going to take years for me to get back on my feet and it is going to be even harder for a person like me who has no connections and where my digital artist likes aren't supported in a country like Portugal that is still a bit behind in that front unlike the United states for example. I really want this to work out you know and besides my career I still hope even with my age I find people I can be friends with.
If any of you want to dm you can (I would be thankful) but be aware that I am socially anxious and I am busy putting my life back into place but this doesn't mean I don't want to meet new people it just means I will take long to reply sometimes. The reason I started to be active in this forum again is because I still desire to communicate with people when I can.

I have PTSD. Just recently got diagnosed actually.

If I have bad days I can get hallucinations or flashbacks but therapy has helped me get them under control. Sleep paralysis and nightmares I've had on and off since I was a child. I'm going back to therapy soon though!

anyone else have problems making friends? not even that like i forget to reply or forget they exist, i'm always on top of replying, but i just don't like hanging out with people i don't have a LOT in common with even if we like "some" things. like i find it hard to hang out with other gamers if we dont like a LOT of the same games. i also may be way too judgy cause sometimes people with certain hobbies and likes are an instant turn off nope never gonna be friends kinda thing.

anyone else like this? i want more friends but im so freaking picky and my therapist says i'm insanely bad at socializing and need to get better but dont know howwwww. is this a me thing? am i the drama? do i have a problem i should look more into? its def not social anxiety because i'm very comfortable in social situations, i just much prefer to listen than talk. i also have no problems being around big crowds. FYI i have ADHD and GAD. i take no meds.
I know exactly what you mean the whole "gamer/nerd" subculture is so nebulous that if you're not into the same ones as someone else it can be hard to relate get into conversations about stuff.

I have mild social anxiety but medical marijuana has helped me a TON and and I've been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and have been doing things with co-workers like playing paintball or going out for drinks.

I very easily isolate myself and feel comfortable doing it, but its a coping mechanism that I use in excess.

I've kind of had to accept that not everyone is gonna hare my interests or be a close friend but I can still have fun with them anyway. Instead I've been trying to be proactive and seek out places where I can meet more people with my interests like conventions. I definitely feel your pain though as I'm very judgemental too and it can feel off sometimes if you don't really relate to people all the way

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised to see so many things in this threat already that I can relate too like not enjoying going to parties for example. I don't know if I have any mental disorder but I have been accompanied by psychologist since my 16 years old. When I was a child I was the popular girl with the gameboy which the kids found real curious and boys and girls wanted to play pretend with me. I was mocked even then but I was still very strong willed so it never affected me. I changed to another school and noticed no one wanted to play anymore. Then I was "abandoned and replaced" by my best friend as she literally turned her back on me to talk with other girls. I felt like a ghost in that group. She wasn't talking to me anymore by my 10 years old and the school groups had already been formed and suddenly I was alone. After all that I was manipulated by girls who labeled me as "best friend" and then would dump me when their had their fun, then things got worse and I was bullied by different girls in all school I went to since that. Never had the support of colleagues and teacher and some teacher would even witness a bully yell at me and do nothing. I even had a teacher who accepted bribes from a bully girl and she could so wharever she wanted in class which it still shock me to this day just thinking about it.
I never had friends and the trauma still last. I hate schools because of it and was able to only recover partly when I finally was done with education by my 25 years old. It is still very hard for me to trust girls I always choose a guy doctor or psychologist for example because of how damaging girls were to me and not because I "like guys" like some people like to assume.
I lack social skills because I didn't have a choice and I hate it. There was always a bully pushing me away and when I was labeled no one wanted to be associated with me.
As an adult I searched for groups to meet people and in Portugal well there are none. I found one online on reddit (that is gone now) XD which was real bad because most of them were guys and I learned when I joined why that was a bad idea. The first meeting there were like 6 guys and 2 girls counting me and there were 2 guys who kept talking to me. I was so happy someone finally wanted to talk to me but I did notice everyone else was avoiding me even the girl because these 2 guys kept pushing everyone away. The more creepy one i immediately hated but the other one was calm and real manipulative and he knew how to reel me in. I really didn't have much of a choice at first because the calmer guy was tall and real strong and was keeping me safe from the other creep who joked around about "druging people" so yeah. I started a romantic relationship with the calmer more seductive guy that lasted 2 years and that I'm still confused about it. I'm convinced he was what people would call a "covert narcissist" as he did gaslight me several times. His mother was a total narcissist I have no doubt about it and she loved to joke about how her son was going to kill me at the wedding. It was so messed up and it hurt a lot when I confronted him about all he did wrong and all he could say was "it was my fault". It hurt that I was alone again and that was why it was so hard for me to leave him. He knew I craved a sense of belonging and affection and that is how he played me. I hate to admit but I still miss that affection and I hate it. However I am on a better metal state without him.
I have a new psychologist because my previous one got "tired" of accompanying me and yelled at me saying "You're crazy!" (I was still with my ex at the time). These recent experiences made me distrust guys. I was already wary of girls and now I was getting scared of guys as well.
Now as a 29 years old girl everyone says adult can't make friends and I can clearly see that and it hurts. I'm surprised I am even still here to be honest most people that have similar experiences just leave you know. But part of the reason I am still around is because I want to prove I can still make a change you know. If not by finding friendship I have been brainstorming and working on an original story for years now (ever since I was 14 years old) that is like a methaphor of my life. I hope that one day when I finish it that it reaches many people that might ge going through similar things like me and find confort that they are not alone. That there is hope even when you are near your 30. If I didn't have parents with money to support my recovery through all that bad trauma I wouldn't be here that is for sure.
Yes I am 29 years old and still struggle with what I want to do in my life but how "late" we adapt to society also depends on how badly society has treated you in the past. It is going to take years for me to get back on my feet and it is going to be even harder for a person like me who has no connections and where my digital artist likes aren't supported in a country like Portugal that is still a bit behind in that front unlike the United states for example. I really want this to work out you know and besides my career I still hope even with my age I find people I can be friends with.
If any of you want to dm you can (I would be thankful) but be aware that I am socially anxious and I am busy putting my life back into place but this doesn't mean I don't want to meet new people it just means I will take long to reply sometimes. The reason I started to be active in this forum again is because I still desire to communicate with people when I can.
That was a great read :)

I wish you the best of luck for the future. By the way, Portugal is my 2nd home. Always my go to place for a holiday, must’ve been there 10+ times at least 😍

Whilst I've never been diagnosed officially with depression I do believe I suffer from a mild form of it alongside "Reverse SAD" which is related to feeling anxious as the days get longer and warmer in summer months. Since the start of July my mental health has plummeted as the temperatures have soared here in the UK with no sign of any cooler weather on the way anytime soon. I wake up every morning feeling extremely anxious and have to force myself to eat breakfast which isn't like me at all as I love breakfast. I do believe though that once the cooler and more autumnal weather sets in in the UK my anxiety will disappear until late Spring next year, however for the moment I'm stuck in this perpetual cycle of feeling low and anxious (and on the verge of tears at times) as another heatwave is about to rear it's ugly head.
Well I had a mini breakdown earlier as my anxiety has finally gotten the best of me today. It needed to happen as I had been bottling up my emotions for far too long. Thankfully my mum was around to talk to about what’s been bothering me for over a month now. She then admitted she had been feeling anxious as well so it’s nice to know I’m not alone in what I’ve been feeling.

I still don’t feel 100% and I can’t see my anxiety disappearing anytime soon but todays breakdown has been a start. Like others have said in this thread I also struggle to make new friends. I’d love to have at least one more person in my life to confide in considering all my other friends are too busy with their own lives these days.

Thank you so much for making this thread! I have been struggling lately a lot with my mental health lately. I made the decision to start therapy and found a therapist I am going to see on Wednesday. I have never been to therapy before and I hope it can help me feel whole again. There have been days where I have absolutely not motivation to get out of bed or do anything. It's an awful feeling and I want to get better.

Thank you so much for making this thread! I have been struggling lately a lot with my mental health lately. I made the decision to start therapy and found a therapist I am going to see on Wednesday. I have never been to therapy before and I hope it can help me feel whole again. There have been days where I have absolutely not motivation to get out of bed or do anything. It's an awful feeling and I want to get better.
That’s great to hear! Wish you all the best in getting better! 🙂

Best of luck with your new therapist. I had therapy years ago to combat some of my mental health issues which helped me out in the long run.

Is it a bit weird or unusual that I haven’t ever l been to a party or really hung out in a large group? I’m 24 years old and it makes me feel like a bit of an outcast when I hear about 16 year olds talk about parties they’ve been to or group events they did. I don’t think parties are really my thing, but I guess I’ll never know.
Eh parties are overrated. I wouldn't stress about it. A lot of people who do them do so because they're insecure and impressionable and want to be in it with the crowd. Even if it means doing something that's not in their interest. It's like how classmates would stress out about not having a boyfriend or girlfriend because so and so has one. It's like the whole they don't have it so now they want it thing.

Having small gatherings with family, friends, and those you are more acquainted with will always be more worthwhile. You'll remember those times fondly more than you would watching random people you have no history with getting drunk. Usually they end up with someone passing out somewhere, ruining someone's house, someone getting arrested, cops coming over, ect.

You often post about your travels. And honestly that sounds so much more fun and fulfilling than going to a cramped stuffy rave party.

i have no friends at my school, and it’s 100% my fault. i don’t understand people who can just approach someone and make friends with them on the first day. there is one person who i would be interested in talking to but i don’t know how i could possibly go up to them because they’re always in a group. i don’t know how to talk to people despite going to therapy for this for like 5 years. what do i do, go up to them and say hi? isn’t that a little weird? after i ask how they are what do i do next? im too anxious to actually approach anybody, i think everybody is judging me and i perceive people as a danger for some reason. i also have problems making eye contact. when i go back to school i’ll be sitting alone at lunch and im afraid people are going to make fun of me.
I remember when I was in high school, I entered a class where I knew nobody. It was super scary because I didn't know where to sit. There was an empty seat beside this scene/emo girl which was even more scary to me but it looked like the only option. Having stood there for long enough, I awkwardly asked if the seat was open, as a lot of people saved seats for friends that were late. She said no and so I sat down. Silence. I felt the need to say something so I looked her over and wondered what to talk about. Then I saw a Pichu plush keychain on her bag and got really excited because I loved Pokemon. So I mentioned that I thought it was cute and asked if she liked Pokemon. Then a friendship bonded after that. She was my bestie for the entirety of highschool.

It's hard to make a plunge but if you do, it's usually worth it.

This is a nice thread to have, thank you for creating it. :)
Sorry for the info dump in advance, just nice to have a place to talk about these sorts of things!

I have OCD, GAD, Depression, and was recently diagnosed with ADD as well. It can be difficult at times, since it all feeds off of one another and it can be challenging understanding what does what.
I was diagnosed with OCD and GAD at 8, and Depression around 13 I believe. For the longest time I thought I had all my mental issues figured out, until at 22 the ADD diagnosis came in. I’m nearly 23 now, so this was very recent.

I believe I’ve always had it, I’ve always been a “head in the clouds” type of person, however I managed it and did well in school and would often do work ahead of time. I’ve always been able to day dream for hours on end though. It wasn’t until about a year ago, in my final year of college I began to really struggle. I would pace uncontrollably through the house for hours at a time, completely lost in my own head. One night I put on a pedometer and it reached 10 miles, just by pacing back and forth that night. It got so bad my legs and feet began to physically ache.
I would literally try to tie myself to my chair to get work done, but my mind would just wander regardless. It was so frustrating, no matter how much I needed or wanted to do something, I just… couldn’t.
Stress most likely had an impact on why things got out of hand, it was my last year of college, and I’ve never been the social type so escapism is my way of coping I believe.

My mother was actually the one who suggested ADD, I was dismissive at first because I thought it was just my anxiety. She was the one who noticed my OCD symptoms first though, and generally knows my mind better than myself so it was difficult to ignore. After talking with therapists and a psychiatrist, I was prescribed adderall. While it’s hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows, it has certainly helped and I have little doubt ADD is a condition I have now.

Regardless the diagnosis was still jarring. “Great, I’ve got another brain thing.”
Lately I’ve been obsessing a bit over the possibility of having autism as well, because guess what… all my conditions are often correlated with having autism as well. A therapist once suggested to my mother I could have autism, however she never gave it much importance since… if I do, what can be done about it? If I am I’m high-functioning, and while I relate to some autism symptoms, a lot I don’t.

Half of the words that come out of my mouth are sarcastic, I’ve never had issues “reading between the lines” (understanding metaphors and such), and I don’t think I’ve ever had issues reading other people’s emotions.

On the flip side though, I’ve always been socially anxious, particular about things, have very intense interests (AC being one obviously lol) and have been described as being a bit blunt and unemotive at times. Typically aspects such as being blunt I’ve often received praise for from friends, so I suppose I’m more honest rather than off-putting.
I was never bullied or anything either, I was just the quiet, “smart” kid who sat in the back of the class. People were always kind to me, and I’d often get told by people they wish they got to know me better. It was really my own social anxiety that got in the way, never other people.

Part of me wonders if I want to go to a neuropsychologist or something to see if I have Autism, just for closure. I don’t want any more surprises like the ADD, I just want to know what I’m up against and understand who I am better. At the same time, a diagnosis may be pointless as all the issues that could be associated with my potential Autism seem to be taken care of by my other conditions I’m receiving help for. I also approach the risk of feeling worse about myself, as I have another thing “wrong” with me. Perhaps not knowing is better, however it will always be in the back of my mind. It may be best to rip the band-aid off as early as possible so to speak.

Uh… wow that was a lot, I’m sorry! Thank you OP for giving me the opportunity to vent. I’m actually very interested in some opinions, do you think I should seek out confirmation of my potential Autism (or find out I don’t have it,) or simply leave things be?

Thanks so much for any help, sincerely. <3

This is a nice thread to have, thank you for creating it. :)
Sorry for the info dump in advance, just nice to have a place to talk about these sorts of things!

I have OCD, GAD, Depression, and was recently diagnosed with ADD as well. It can be difficult at times, since it all feeds off of one another and it can be challenging understanding what does what.
I was diagnosed with OCD and GAD at 8, and Depression around 13 I believe. For the longest time I thought I had all my mental issues figured out, until at 22 the ADD diagnosis came in. I’m nearly 23 now, so this was very recent.

I believe I’ve always had it, I’ve always been a “head in the clouds” type of person, however I managed it and did well in school and would often do work ahead of time. I’ve always been able to day dream for hours on end though. It wasn’t until about a year ago, in my final year of college I began to really struggle. I would pace uncontrollably through the house for hours at a time, completely lost in my own head. One night I put on a pedometer and it reached 10 miles, just by pacing back and forth that night. It got so bad my legs and feet began to physically ache.
I would literally try to tie myself to my chair to get work done, but my mind would just wander regardless. It was so frustrating, no matter how much I needed or wanted to do something, I just… couldn’t.
Stress most likely had an impact on why things got out of hand, it was my last year of college, and I’ve never been the social type so escapism is my way of coping I believe.

My mother was actually the one who suggested ADD, I was dismissive at first because I thought it was just my anxiety. She was the one who noticed my OCD symptoms first though, and generally knows my mind better than myself so it was difficult to ignore. After talking with therapists and a psychiatrist, I was prescribed adderall. While it’s hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows, it has certainly helped and I have little doubt ADD is a condition I have now.

Regardless the diagnosis was still jarring. “Great, I’ve got another brain thing.”
Lately I’ve been obsessing a bit over the possibility of having autism as well, because guess what… all my conditions are often correlated with having autism as well. A therapist once suggested to my mother I could have autism, however she never gave it much importance since… if I do, what can be done about it? If I am I’m high-functioning, and while I relate to some autism symptoms, a lot I don’t.

Half of the words that come out of my mouth are sarcastic, I’ve never had issues “reading between the lines” (understanding metaphors and such), and I don’t think I’ve ever had issues reading other people’s emotions.

On the flip side though, I’ve always been socially anxious, particular about things, have very intense interests (AC being one obviously lol) and have been described as being a bit blunt and unemotive at times. Typically aspects such as being blunt I’ve often received praise for from friends, so I suppose I’m more honest rather than off-putting.
I was never bullied or anything either, I was just the quiet, “smart” kid who sat in the back of the class. People were always kind to me, and I’d often get told by people they wish they got to know me better. It was really my own social anxiety that got in the way, never other people.

Part of me wonders if I want to go to a neuropsychologist or something to see if I have Autism, just for closure. I don’t want any more surprises like the ADD, I just want to know what I’m up against and understand who I am better. At the same time, a diagnosis may be pointless as all the issues that could be associated with my potential Autism seem to be taken care of by my other conditions I’m receiving help for. I also approach the risk of feeling worse about myself, as I have another thing “wrong” with me. Perhaps not knowing is better, however it will always be in the back of my mind. It may be best to rip the band-aid off as early as possible so to speak.

Uh… wow that was a lot, I’m sorry! Thank you OP for giving me the opportunity to vent. I’m actually very interested in some opinions, do you think I should seek out confirmation of my potential Autism (or find out I don’t have it,) or simply leave things be?

Thanks so much for any help, sincerely. <3
That was a very good read, thanks for sharing! :) My advice is seek closure for your autism, I think it’s better in the long run to know if you are or not otherwise it’s always gonna play on your mind and add to your anxieties.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me! :)

Well, I don’t know if this counts as mental health but I finally figured out something that’s helping me deal a little more with some trauma from someone in the last couple months.

For years and years I’ve loved just lying down in bed hugging my plushie and things like that. I like waking up and imagining cuddling someone. Since we got together it was my partner, but I haven’t been able to view them the same way for a couple weeks so that hasn’t been any help for me (and I also feel bad about that- but my relationship woes belong between me, my partner, and my psychologist).

Anyway… sadly the guy I had a crush on who gave me that trauma kept popping in my head when I wanted to hug things, it was making me recoil. I couldn’t even find solace in hugging my plush or cuddling under blankets. I came up with a distraction or whatever you want to call it and I thought about my favorite fictional character (who I crush on bigtime) instead.
This is much easier said than done, because that trauma was so huge for me I couldn’t even think about this character much for a while. Well, that changed when I thought about it this way, and I know they aren’t real so don’t worry about that- but I thought about them emotionally protecting me and stopping those thoughts of the guy who hurt me. Thinking about philosophising with, sharing music, reconnecting. Having someone who genuinely understands me and who I share that with mutually, like I thought the guy I had a crush on did, but imagining this character instead and imagining it with someone genuine like I’m not just cursed and like this kind of understanding really does exist genuinely. Whenever I thought someone really understood me, turned out they were just manipulative or a liar. I know it isn’t a real relationship or anything, I’m lucid, but this fictional character means so much to me.

Whenever people say having fictional crushes is silly I think that’s totally dumping on what could be a great coping tool. Having these fictional crushes helped me discover myself and helps me with trauma like this over and over. I don’t even think it’s getting in the way of my real relationship because I really did put my effort into that and stuff and I only came back to this crush later but man… I’ll leave it there, man.

That was a very good read, thanks for sharing! :) My advice is seek closure for your autism, I think it’s better in the long run to know if you are or not otherwise it’s always gonna play on your mind and add to your anxieties.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me! :)
Thank you very much for the kind response and taking the time to read my post. <3
I will definitely consider your advice, and really appreciate the PM offer. The same goes for you, my inbox is also always open. :)

Welp, a while ago I found out I was misdiagnosed with autism. I had a slight feeling, but I wasn’t certain until it was clear. I think autism gets misdiagnosed quite a bit, honestly. It just never occurred to me that it would happen to me. I actually have BPD, which makes a lot more sense to me. It often gets misdiagnosed as autism because of the slight overlap, but they aren’t the same.

I think having this closure was important for me because it gave me a lot more clarity on who I am as a person. My actions make sense now, more than they did when I thought I had autism. I think this is very important to note. A misdiagnosis can really mess with a person. BPD is actually curable with therapy, but even so, I’m actually relieved to have more clarity on myself.

Welp, a while ago I found out I was misdiagnosed with autism. I had a slight feeling, but I wasn’t certain until it was clear. I think autism gets misdiagnosed quite a bit, honestly. It just never occurred to me that it would happen to me. I actually have BPD, which makes a lot more sense to me. It often gets misdiagnosed as autism because of the slight overlap, but they aren’t the same.

I think having this closure was important for me because it gave me a lot more clarity on who I am as a person. My actions make sense now, more than they did when I thought I had autism. I think this is very important to note. A misdiagnosis can really mess with a person. BPD is actually curable with therapy, but even so, I’m actually relieved to have more clarity on myself.
Closure is really important in my opinion, it’s better in the long run, otherwise it’ll just dwell on your mind and make your anxieties worse :)

what a wonderful thread idea!

i've been diagnosed with major depression (but admittedly, i've been wondering if it was actually a misdiagnosis and i instead have bipolar disorder which apparently is a relatively common misdiagnosis unfortunately), general anxiety, and social anxiety (i was actually diagnosed with selective mutism as a kid too lol).

I'm currently on meds that work relatively okay but therapy is especially hard with social anxiety because how do you do therapy when you're too terrified to even move or talk :/

what a wonderful thread idea!

i've been diagnosed with major depression (but admittedly, i've been wondering if it was actually a misdiagnosis and i instead have bipolar disorder which apparently is a relatively common misdiagnosis unfortunately), general anxiety, and social anxiety (i was actually diagnosed with selective mutism as a kid too lol).

I'm currently on meds that work relatively okay but therapy is especially hard with social anxiety because how do you do therapy when you're too terrified to even move or talk :/
How do you talk when your afraid to talk… I can relate lol. That’s the never ending cycle of anxiety.

I’m on meds too to control my anxiety, they do work for me tbh. Without them my heart rate spirals upwards.

I hope you keep healthy :)

Back