• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

does anyone else have issues with using animated icons? :( i have the avatar animation shop item and i've tried gifs of different sizes n' such but i always get an error message

does anyone else have issues with using animated icons? :( i have the avatar animation shop item and i've tried gifs of different sizes n' such but i always get an error message
i just changed my avatar to an animated one to test it out and didn’t experience any problems. i know you said you’ve tried different gif sizes, but are you sure the one/s you’re trying to upload are under 2 MB? they won’t upload if they aren’t. they also won’t upload if they have too many frames, so maybe removing a few from the gif you want to upload would help.

also, make sure the animated avatar add-on is set to “active” in your inventory. :)

^ I assume it'll prob be in there for 2-3 days but I doubt it'll be much longer than that. couldn't tell ya exactly how long though.

im thinking of making a thread offering free sketches so i can practice with my drawing tablet, im basically asking for drawing suggestions that i might draw. should this go in the museum or museum shop? im asking because the museum shop is people paying other people to draw them something but im doing free skecthes so where should this go?

im thinking of making a thread offering free sketches so i can practice with my drawing tablet, im basically asking for drawing suggestions that i might draw. should this go in the museum or museum shop? im asking because the museum shop is people paying other people to draw them something but im doing free skecthes so where should this go?
I think it would be okay if you simply put it in The Museum. I've seen other people do that as well.

Why is it, when I upload a picture in a post, the posts puts them all in a row of "attachments"? I don't really know what it means and how to get rid of it. When I try to delete the attachments, it deletes the entire picture from my post. For example, this post in my island journal places all the villager pics at the bottom of the post and I really don't like it haha?
I don't understand why it does it there and not for any of my other posts. Can anyone explain to me what it is and how to get rid of it (yes I feel like a grandma using a computer hahaha).

Why is it, when I upload a picture in a post, the posts puts them all in a row of "attachments"? I don't really know what it means and how to get rid of it. When I try to delete the attachments, it deletes the entire picture from my post. For example, this post in my island journal places all the villager pics at the bottom of the post and I really don't like it haha?
I don't understand why it does it there and not for any of my other posts. Can anyone explain to me what it is and how to get rid of it (yes I feel like a grandma using a computer hahaha).
The pictures that show up in attachments haven't yet been inserted into your post. You need to make sure to insert them into the body of your post itself if you don't want it to function as an attachment. Do this by clicking the "Insert" button on the image itself then selecting whether to insert it as a thumbnail or at full size.

Screenshot_20220524-091307_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220524-091314_Samsung Internet.jpg

As an example, I'm going to upload a third image here and not insert it. You'll see that the only image I haven't inserted into the post directly is now an attachment (say hi to Mrs Wiggler!).

Attachments

• IMG-20220125-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20220125-WA0018.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 21
The pictures that show up in attachments haven't yet been inserted into your post. You need to make sure to insert them into the body of your post itself if you don't want it to function as an attachment. Do this by clicking the "Insert" button on the image itself then selecting whether to insert it as a thumbnail or at full size.

View attachment 442500 View attachment 442501

As an example, I'm going to upload a third image here and not insert it. You'll see that the only image I haven't inserted into the post directly is now an attachment (say hi to Mrs Wiggler!).
Ah, thanks a lot! I see now what happened. It were only the images that I deleted, that stayed as an attachment in the post. I hadn't noticed it didn't attach the pics that were in the post. I fixed it now, thanks for the help!

Edit: Mrs. Wiggler is adorable.

If i set it as "nobody" for the identity setting then what happens if i reveal it? Like what am i hiding?

If i set it as "nobody" for the identity setting then what happens if i reveal it? Like what am i hiding?
I'm confused, I see your profile either can't be viewed by anyone or only people who your following can see it if you allow everyone to see it again nothing happens, if it's set to only people who your following then you can restrict who sees it by only following certain people. You can also restrict it to only people logged in to their TBT account can view it and not random strangers looking at the site. I'm not sure if you can restrict your profile as far as literally nobody except you can see it.

I'm confused, I see your profile either can't be viewed by anyone or only people who your following can see it if you allow everyone to see it again nothing happens, if it's set to only people who your following then you can restrict who sees it by only following certain people. You can also restrict it to only people logged in to their TBT account can view it and not random strangers looking at the site. I'm not sure if you can restrict your profile as far as literally nobody except you can see it.
what I'm saying is what does it do like what does it hide. Is it similar to hiding details on my profile page?
So does it hide my entire profile from anyone to view?

Last edited:
Back