• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Hello there! :)
Hum, I have a question, please. One of my threads has been moved elsewhere and I don't understand why? It was a thread about pokémonities posted in the Pokémon Center section, which I thought was fitting. I won't argue the decision, I just want to understand what was wrong.
*(Let me know if this is something that should rather be asked in private, and I'll edit this comment).
I assume it’s because your thread is about posting pictures of Pokémon. It doesn’t encourage discussion and some could easily spam pictures to raise post count. You can’t get bells or add to your post count in The Basement.

for future reference, Ive seen other people send a message to Jeremy at the first day of a month asking if he could stock the new birthstone and he usually does it immediately. if you remind him it'll likely get done faster. but if you don't then he may forget. sorry you have to wait so long for the next one. :(

edit: sending a PM in Ask The Staff may work better, and I think both Jeremy and Oblivia can do it since they're admins.
Please do not message staff directly about non-urgent site matters. The best thing you can do if it looks like we have forgotten to update it is to post in this thread.

Please keep in mind that only the three Administrators are able to edit collectibles in the shop and they aren't all active on TBT daily. TBT is run completely on a volunteer basis and we don't have set hours/days that we are expected to be online. We also all have other commitments that take priority over the forum (e.g. jobs, partners, kids, etc). We don't see it not being updated immediately as a big issue because you have until the end of the month to purchase them and they are of unlimited stock; you're not going to miss out on getting one. As a team we actively watch The Information Desk (this thread) and the Contact the Staff board, so these places are by far the fastest ways to get in touch with us - e.g. I saw @Princess_Bean's post in here Dec 1st, but they also asked us the same question via Contact the Staff and I answered them there within several minutes of them making the thread. Using the provided channels to contact us is also faster than messaging specific staff members directly (which is something we actually discourage) because even if we can't directly handle something ourselves we are able to communicate with the rest of the team offsite to get a quick response instead of waiting for them to log on here.

Hello there! :)
Hum, I have a question, please. One of my threads has been moved elsewhere and I don't understand why? It was a thread about pokémonities posted in the Pokémon Center section, which I thought was fitting. I won't argue the decision, I just want to understand what was wrong.
*(Let me know if this is something that should rather be asked in private, and I'll edit this comment).
The reason for the thread move was explained in the notification you received when we moved the thread. To repeat what we said there: the thread was moved because it received numerous replies that broke our post quality rules. Instead of warning those users, we moved the thread to The Basement where low quality posting is more acceptable.

I assume it’s because your thread is about posting pictures of Pokémon. It doesn’t encourage discussion and some could easily spam pictures to raise post count. You can’t get bells or add to your post count in The Basement.

Thank you for your explanation! :)
Post automatically merged:

The reason for the thread move was explained in the notification you received when we moved the thread. To repeat what we said there: the thread was moved because it received numerous replies that broke our post quality rules. Instead of warning those users, we moved the thread to The Basement where low quality posting is more acceptable.

The reason given wasn't very explicative... I guessed there was something wrong for it to be moved, but still I couldn't see what. But @Croconaw's answer was more enlightening, sorry to have been a bother :)!

Last edited:
This may already be a known issue, but does anyone know why the animated backdrop keeps disappearing and then reappearing whenever I’m viewing my posts? I don’t know if it’s doing this for the other backdrops, but it is for the animated one. I can even take a screenshot of it if necessary.

This may already be a known issue, but does anyone know why the animated backdrop keeps disappearing and then reappearing whenever I’m viewing my posts? I don’t know if it’s doing this for the other backdrops, but it is for the animated one. I can even take a screenshot of it if necessary.
Does it do it for other users' posts (using the same backdrop)? What browser are you using?

Does it do it for other users' posts (using the same backdrop)? What browser are you using?

I’m not sure, but it might. I’m using Safari.

Here’s a screenshot I took when I made this post. I can confirm that the backdrop is active in my inventory.

GI5vVEC.png

I’m not sure, but it might. I’m using Safari.

Here’s a screenshot I took when I made this post. I can confirm that the backdrop is active in my inventory.

GI5vVEC.png

I’m having the exact same issue. Also Safari. I’ll try another browser to see if it makes a difference.

I’m having the exact same issue. Also Safari. I’ll try another browser to see if it makes a difference.
I’ve just noticed this, too. I’m using Safari on a phone. I haven’t tried another browser. Not a big deal, just thought I’d mention it’s happening to me, too.

How do I stop my photo links being broken? Every time an event comes along with community voting, it seems my photo links always break (especially for mobile) not only is it a pita, since we can't reupload/edit our entry, but it's an unfair disadvantage for community voting events :( I already have two broken entries for this event

I think I misunderstood the question at first. Anyway, make sure you’re linking to the photo itself. Most of the time when a link is broken, it’s because you’re linking to the website with the photo on it and not the image itself. I personally use Imgur or Imgbb for uploading photos. This used to happen to me a lot, so I totally understand the frustration. It still is confusing to me this day, but I’ve figured it out.

How do I stop my photo links being broken? Every time an event comes along with community voting, it seems my photo links always break (especially for mobile) not only is it a pita, since we can't reupload/edit our entry, but it's an unfair disadvantage for community voting events :( I already have two broken entries for this event
I also experience the same issues with broken links on mobile, and I believe the one thing the broken links on my end have in common is that they’re all imgur pictures :/ Not sure what’s up with my phone and imgur, but I just view most entries on my iPad or laptop.
Anyway, I checked your entries and I can see them on my end! Maybe there’s something wonky with your device or internet that’s preventing you from viewing pictures? Not sure ; w;

I also experience the same issues with broken links on mobile, and I believe the one thing the broken links on my end have in common is that they’re all imgur pictures :/ Not sure what’s up with my phone and imgur, but I just view most entries on my iPad or laptop.
Anyway, I checked your entries and I can see them on my end! Maybe there’s something wonky with your device or internet that’s preventing you from viewing pictures? Not sure ; w;
Mine are always directly linked from my twitter! Sometimes they're fine (like my signature appears fine for me) but it's always competition entries which are broken 😔

hello everyone !! hope your evening is going well. is there any way to disable automatic emojis ?? for example ,, i want to type : D without a space but not having it turn into :D. if there is a way to do this ,, id love to know. thank u <33

hello everyone !! hope your evening is going well. is there any way to disable automatic emojis ?? for example ,, i want to type : D without a space but not having it turn into :D. if there is a way to do this ,, id love to know. thank u <33
There is a way. While there isn't a setting you can toggle to disable it in your posts, you can use plain tags to prevent text from being transformed into an emoji, so something like this:
Code:
[plain]:D[/plain]

Would turn it into :D without transforming into the :D emoji by being wrapped in those plain tags.

I still have the snowflake raffle ticket from last year. Since its unique, it won't let me purchase another one. Do I need to discard my previous one and purchase a new one or will I be entered in if I just keep my old one?

I still have the snowflake raffle ticket from last year. Since its unique, it won't let me purchase another one. Do I need to discard my previous one and purchase a new one or will I be entered in if I just keep my old one?
Ooo, same...following 👀👀

Mine are always directly linked from my twitter! Sometimes they're fine (like my signature appears fine for me) but it's always competition entries which are broken 😔
This is the issue, a lot of browsers/people have issues when people direct link from twitter/facebook etc. without actually caring to make the image an actual image link. I suggest uploading to imgur or likewise service and make sure it actually ends in .gif, .png or whichever format you use. I've also heard some people seeing it fine but yeah if it's those I've never been able to view them, personally.

Whenever I try to purchase anything in the shop, I run into this error message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
  • You cannot purchase the item December 14th Raffle Ticket.
  • You cannot purchase this many of the item December 14th Raffle Ticket.
What am I doing wrong here? 😅 I'm trying to purchase the tin robot and December 23rd raffle ticket.

Back