• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

There are a few independent companies that make quality mobile games, but the availability is limited due to a price tag put on them. I just thought I'd throw it out since a large percentage of members probably own a smartphone with all of those awful little games. I appreciate the feedback at least! Are any of the 3rd party future consoles ever going to be included if they get popular enough?

Maybe. We have sub-boards just to cut back on clutter really. If anything was getting enough threads and being actively discussed then we'd probably make a sub-board for it. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Check the TBT Marketplace, Re-Tail, and Villager Trading Plaza boards.

This is exactly why making a thread calling attention to the one-star ratings abuse is a horrible idea. It just makes the people who abuse it want to abuse it more.

what do you have to say?

- - - Post Merge - - -

note, wasn't sure if this should go here or the ask the staff thread

but considering it technically has to do with the site....

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, can staff see who voted?

I imagine they could, but at the same time I'm not exactly aware of any administrative limitations with this forum's software.

Last edited:
Check the TBT Marketplace, Re-Tail, and Villager Trading Plaza boards.

This is exactly why making a thread calling attention to the one-star ratings abuse is a horrible idea. It just makes the people who abuse it want to abuse it more.

what do you have to say?

- - - Post Merge - - -

note, wasn't sure if this should go here or the ask the staff thread

but considering it technically has to do with the site....

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, can staff see who voted?

I imagine they could, but at the same time I'm not exactly aware of any administrative limitations with this forum's software.

I'm sorry to have offended you?

Less offended and more I knew the results before they even happened, which was why I was kinda very heavily implying objection to the thread being made.

Though I should probably say that my "question" probably comes off as far more rude than I intended, but I kinda needed a question due to thread title so...

I guess what I'm saying is that despite reasonably good intentions, calling direct attention to a problem such as this wasn't exactly the best idea. If possible, it'd of been better to just add a rule about it (if there isn't one already, tbh I don't check the rules too often since most forum's rules typically boil down to "use common sense and don't be an unbearable ass") and deal with any problems regarding it behind the scenes as most other problems I imagine are dealt with.

Though on the plus side, basically every thread being rated 1-star means practically everyone is now evenly matched on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Less offended and more I knew the results before they even happened, which was why I was kinda very heavily implying objection to the thread being made.

Though I should probably say that my "question" probably comes off as far more rude than I intended, but I kinda needed a question due to thread title so...

I guess what I'm saying is that despite reasonably good intentions, calling direct attention to a problem such as this wasn't exactly the best idea. If possible, it'd of been better to just add a rule about it (if there isn't one already, tbh I don't check the rules too often since most forum's rules typically boil down to "use common sense and don't be an unbearable ass") and deal with any problems regarding it behind the scenes as most other problems I imagine are dealt with.

Though on the plus side, basically every thread being rated 1-star means practically everyone is now evenly matched on the opposite end of the spectrum.

So, according to this you would have preferred the problem to be ignored? That solves nothing. You can't sweep problems under a rug and pretend this kind of thing doesn't exist. No, as far as I know there ARE NOT any rules on it, mainly because it's hard to enforce when we have no idea who's doing it.

Hey guys. I didn't even notice this one but I've been left a negative rating again by the same individual who has been leaving me negative ratings for the last YEAR. I this person please be banned, warned, PM'd by a mod, something? I know it's petty and small, but the problem has been ignored other than to remove the bad rating they keep giving me. I don't even play AC anymore- sold my DS. I have them on my ignore list as per suggestion from a mod last time, but obviously they can still give me bad ratings for zero reasons. I now firmly believe this person actually has a mental disability because they keep giving me a negative rating over me voiding a villager they were never promised back in FEBRUARY. I've made reports in the past, so I'm sure the report threads are there somewhere. It just sucks for me to decide "hey- I feel like jumping on the forums for fun" and then seeing that. It's annoying. Please remove the negative rating- and although it probably won't happen, please get rid of this individual. They are harassing me. God that sounded whiny but this is getting fuc**** stupid.

I'd just like to know if there's anything that can be done about this whole rating system thing? It really bugs me to see people who don't deserve it being affected by it. I've read things, but I'm still confused.

Thanks.

I've been searching for an answer to this question for a long time, might as well get it resolved here.
How do you link to a certain post in a thread? Does that make sense? I know you use the url/link code but I don't know exactly what to put into the url spot.

see the #XXXX to the upper-right of the post on the same bar that the post date/time is shown?

right-click it and copy link location

then just paste that into the post you want to link the url in

I think that's what you're asking for?

Last edited:
see the #XXXX to the upper-right of the post on the same bar that the post date/time is shown?

right-click it and copy link location

then just paste that into the post you want to link the url in

I think that's what you're asking for?

Oh man. That's so easy.
Lol thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

How do you multi quote?

You know the little button next to "Reply with Quote"?

Mark that on the posts you'd like to quote; and on the last post you'd like to quote, click "Reply with Quote". It should show all the posts you've quoted.

Question about the mailbox upgrade: If we purchase two different or the same items, will they stack up?

Is cross posting allowed here?
Like if you hold on auction. And it's posted on multiple sites?
Shouldn't an auction only be posted in one place? To make it fair.

Back