• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

You can be banned from this site without warning or is there infractions before?

IANAM (I am not a mod) but yes and yes. If you're caught with an alt, the alt will be perma'd (I think) while your main is given a temporary ban. Spam bots and their ilk also presumably get perma's. However typically for the majority of forumgoers you will be issued warnings and infractions before getting banned.

For some reason I cant see my latest started threads, it says I dont have privledge! This is never happened before and Ive been here a while.

IANAM (I am not a mod) but yes and yes. If you're caught with an alt, the alt will be perma'd (I think) while your main is given a temporary ban. Spam bots and their ilk also presumably get perma's. However typically for the majority of forumgoers you will be issued warnings and infractions before getting banned.

Wow thanks! But perma'd means like IP address blocked?

- - - Post Merge - - -

For some reason I cant see my latest started threads, it says I dont have privledge! This is never happened before and Ive been here a while.

I'm having that same problem as Kita as well.

I'm having that same problem as Kita as well.
1) Not quite, it just means that account is more or less shutdown.

2) Search is down until the Easter event ends, so viewing past threads, using post filters, and using search is disabled right now.

IP bans are anything but permanent. Just reset your router or switch proxies...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention flawed since once your IP address changes, someone else could get it and you can't have innocent people being caught out.

Is it possible to extend the signature character limit? I know that's there to prevent massive sigs, but I really wanted to link some other threads under my rotating sig... but I'm already like at 999/1000 for the limit rip.

Is it possible to extend the signature character limit? I know that's there to prevent massive sigs, but I really wanted to link some other threads under my rotating sig... but I'm already like at 999/1000 for the limit rip.

I agree with this. Currently having no issues with the signature character limit but I can see how it would be a problem.

Pokemanz, in the meantime, try using URL shorteners such as TinyURL or Bitly for your links. Avoid unnecessary spaces, slashes at the end of links and quotation marks for the BBCode.

As an example...
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?308276-DNP&p=5288609&viewfull=1#post5288609
http://belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?308276 (saving of 41 characters)
http://bit.ly/1MERqlR (total saving of 67 characters)

As another example...
[table="width: 700, align: center"]
[tr]
[td]Hello[/td]
[td]World![/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Could be changed to:
[table=width: 700, align: center][tr][td]Hello[/td][td]World![/td][/tr][/table]

Just a few handy hints for you. :)

Last edited:
Am I allowed to put a roast me thread in the basement?

I'm no official body, but probably.

The Basement doesn't have many threads that get locked since the rules aren't enforced as strictly there, and post quality is just thrown out the window.

I'd say go for it, and if anyone goes a bit too far, well they went a bit too far, not you. :p

I'm very new and I'm just getting the hang of how things work around here and I was wondering one thing for giveaways/trading villagers.
So, I have powersaves, and I've never used it on ACNL but a feature of powersaves is that you can import your save files to your computer and then load them back on your cartridge later if you need to. So say I have a villager in boxes one day (lets just say Marshall). I have Marshall in boxes, I can back up that save to my laptop so that I can keep him in boxes there but progress my save on my cartridge.
My question is: would a giveaway be allowed where this is exploited (i.e. I just keep loading my old save where Marshall is in boxes so more than one person can have him)? Or if I accumulate multiple saves with a different villager in boxes on each one and then let people pick from a list of who they want and then I can load up the old save accordingly? Would this be allowed?
I know hacking isn't allowed and I understand why, but I'm not sure if this is considered that? I can't hack in villagers with powersaves for ACNL so they would have to come/leave naturally. I'm just reloading old saves here.

Sorry if I explained anything poorly, feel free to ask me to clarify something if need be!

I'm very new and I'm just getting the hang of how things work around here and I was wondering one thing for giveaways/trading villagers.
So, I have powersaves, and I've never used it on ACNL but a feature of powersaves is that you can import your save files to your computer and then load them back on your cartridge later if you need to. So say I have a villager in boxes one day (lets just say Marshall). I have Marshall in boxes, I can back up that save to my laptop so that I can keep him in boxes there but progress my save on my cartridge.
My question is: would a giveaway be allowed where this is exploited (i.e. I just keep loading my old save where Marshall is in boxes so more than one person can have him)? Or if I accumulate multiple saves with a different villager in boxes on each one and then let people pick from a list of who they want and then I can load up the old save accordingly? Would this be allowed?
I know hacking isn't allowed and I understand why, but I'm not sure if this is considered that? I can't hack in villagers with powersaves for ACNL so they would have to come/leave naturally. I'm just reloading old saves here.

Sorry if I explained anything poorly, feel free to ask me to clarify something if need be!
powersaves are considered hacking in this, so no giveaways like that wouldn't be allowed. ~

ok it was fine before the game released because there were barely any threads but now that it's out can you add the AC:HHD board (and AC:aF board too) to the "No Animal Crossing" new posts filter coz there are like 53495732 threads and they're getting annoying

Coming very soon.

ok it's been like 7 months now I think that fits the official Jubs ETA time frame of "very soon" WHERE IS IT

Last edited:
So, i'm trying to use the table for signatures where its divided between left and right, but everytime I do anything with links the whole signature just disappears. Help???

So, i'm trying to use the table for signatures where its divided between left and right, but everytime I do anything with links the whole signature just disappears. Help???

HTML:
[TABLE="width: 700"]
[TR]
[TD]link here[/TD]
[TD][RIGHT]link here[/RIGHT][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

alternatively.. "link here" could be
HTML:
[url="www.whatever.com"]text here[/url]

Back