• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Anime Thread

Finished season three of Naruto Shippuden!

Now for thoughts on the season! Erm… well, it begins with a mini Naruto training arc. Got to get that training montage going. Then these guys called the Guardian Shinobi Twelve invade, and man are they scary. Or not. Three of them are taken out, along with their plans. Asuma defeats their ringleader, Kazuma, and his last words are “That’s funny”. Bonk. Head hits ground and he’s dead. The nation weeps in pain. Not really. Naruto and Sora fight in Nine-Tails form in what is sure to go down as an even fiercer fight than that one from Family Guy where the old lady is taking on the big boxer guy, and somehow the big boxer guy runs out of steam and the old lady wins (the old lady being Naruto in this case). The power of friendship saves the day. Hooray. Everyone cheers. Then the season concludes with a message about what being the true “king” means. Alright, Asuma. We hear you. Next up is season four. What awaits us in season four? Two new Akatsuki members. Yeyyyyyyyyy (if you can’t tell I’m already getting bored of this show).

I recently finished Tokyo Revengers, and it was AMAZING! I haven't been this excited about an anime since I first watched Attack on Titan 6 years ago, lol. I seriously can't recommend it enough. Can't wait for another season! I may have to read the manga in the meantime.

I also finished Fairy Ranmaru yesterday, and while I don't think it was as bad as other people were saying, it definitely wasn't good either. I wouldn't really tell people to rush out and watch it. XD

Just finished Mob Psycho 100 and I already miss my boy 😭 Didn't expect to love this anime as much as I did and I found it very interesting that there's actually very little filler. Every episode had something important to the plot.

Also, I would die for literally everyone, I loved p much every character.

Just finished Mob Psycho 100 and I already miss my boy 😭 Didn't expect to love this anime as much as I did and I found it very interesting that there's actually very little filler. Every episode had something important to the plot.

Also, I would die for literally everyone, I loved p much every character.

I watched Mob Psycho 100 a year or two ago and absolutely loved it! Reigen Arataka is by far my favorite character with all his antics and whatnot. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Finished season three of Naruto Shippuden!

Now for thoughts on the season! Erm… well, it begins with a mini Naruto training arc. Got to get that training montage going. Then these guys called the Guardian Shinobi Twelve invade, and man are they scary. Or not. Three of them are taken out, along with their plans. Asuma defeats their ringleader, Kazuma, and his last words are “That’s funny”. Bonk. Head hits ground and he’s dead. The nation weeps in pain. Not really. Naruto and Sora fight in Nine-Tails form in what is sure to go down as an even fiercer fight than that one from Family Guy where the old lady is taking on the big boxer guy, and somehow the big boxer guy runs out of steam and the old lady wins (the old lady being Naruto in this case). The power of friendship saves the day. Hooray. Everyone cheers. Then the season concludes with a message about what being the true “king” means. Alright, Asuma. We hear you. Next up is season four. What awaits us in season four? Two new Akatsuki members. Yeyyyyyyyyy (if you can’t tell I’m already getting bored of this show).
The Sora filler did seem to drag on a bit. Something after that did seem more necessary.

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode seven is here.

Flamboyant burn-it-up man seems like he’s finished. But then he dials it up to 11! He uses Esoteric Art: Set Your Heart Ablaze in order to dramatically increase his attack power. Akaza acknowledges this and uses Demon art: Annihilation. After the dust has settled, it turns out flamboyant burn-it-up man has an arm in his stomach. Silly flamboyant burn-it-up man, that’s not where arms go. Flamboyant burn-it-up man tries to slice off Akaza’s head while he can’t get away and the sun is coming up, and Tanjiro and angry awakened boar man help out as well, but to no avail. Akaza escapes into the woods with Tanjiro’s sword in him. Tanjiro and flashy doritos guy begin crying. Angry awakened boar man tells them to shut up, but cries as well. They run around frantically crying like a bunch of weirdos. The other Hashiras learn of flamboyant burn-it-up man’s death. The ending song plays and the arc ends.

Just what awaits us in the second arc of Demon Slayer season two? Find out this December!

Last edited:
I finished episode 4 of Komi-san. I already read the chapters they adapted, but I still got aggravated by one particular character.
Yamai is the worst. She's the definition of an obsessive yandere (and mean girl). The way she treats everyone except Komi is disgusting. I secretly wished Komi would turn down her offer of becoming friends, especially after what happened and Yamai's house.

Just watched episode 7 of season 2 of Eighty-Six. The last moments of it filled me with such sadness and fear.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid war stories, whether it's the movies or anime. The last war-related anime series I'd seen was, two years ago, Violet Evergarden. I don't like having my heart put through the wringer. Eighty-Six tackles so many issues beyond the most obvious ones of war and loss. It's very well made. And so, it's very hard to watch. I won't forget how the end of the first season had made me feel. I was distressed. It was one of the rare times when (after finishing that last episode) I went on a rampage for spoilers from the light novel because I wanted my head to stop thinking about what had happened.

The rest of this season is going to be hard on my miserable, old heart. 😔

JoJo‘s Bizarre Adventures: Stone Ocean aired yesterday! The first 12 episodes are available on Netflix with more on the way.

I have to say I wasn’t expecting the first episode to start like it did. It was very… interesting… to say the least. Jolyne Kujo was framed for a DUI she didn’t commit and sentenced to 15 years at Green Dolphin Street Prison. However, her parents left her a charm which gave her her Stand. At first she didn’t know what it did, but gradually learned how to use it to hear what people are saying from far away and fight them as well. Unfortunately for her, her cellmate Gwess also got a Stand from this charm, G.G. Dolls, which allows her to shrink others and control them. Jolyne was shrunk by her and forced to work for her until Jolyne figured out the weakness to Gwess’s Stand and used it against her, delivering the first beatdown of the season. Jolyne dubbed her Stand “Stone Ocean,” meaning that she will break free from prison using it. Jolyne now needs to find out more about why she was framed and how Ermes, who was with her while being delivered to the prison, got her hands on her charm.

A mysterious visitor is set to make their appearance in the prison! Next time on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures: Stone Ocean, episode three. The Visitor.

Picked back watching a bit of anime after catching up with some stuff that I was reading on WebToon. Had finished Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon (Season 1), Kamisama Kiss (Season 2), Kamisama Kiss: Kako-hen (OVA), Kamisama Kiss: Kamisama, Shiawase ni Naru (OVA), and Cautious Hero. These are all I've watched so far after picking it back up again after a long time.

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon (Season 1) was actually pretty good. I did expect better from the show, but I'll take what I can get out it. Haven't picked up on the second season just yet. I'm waiting until all the episodes are available in the English Dub.

Having to rewatch Kamisama Kiss (Season 2) was a delight for me. I only rewatched Kamisama Kiss because I missed out on some OVAs and wanted to watch them. It was fun to re-watch an anime that I had finished so long ago. Brings back some memories.

Cautious Hero... I was a bit skeptical about it when I first learned about due to the reviews of the anime. Decided to watch it due to seeing the anime DVD at a store I was at. After watching the first episode of the anime... I knew that it was an anime that I didn't have to take so seriously and could just try to have a good time watching it. Overall, I think the anime is good for what it is than to take it really seriously.

As per multiple recommendations from my college’s anime club, I decided to watch Yuru Camp. It’s been a really sweet show so far! Both the opening and ending themes are exactly my kind of music.

*Jolyne Cujoh theme song plays in the background*

Is this the work of an enemy Stand? It’s time for the recap on more JJBA: Stone Ocean episodes!

Jolyne gets accustomed to life at prison and is reminded by Gwess not to let herself get taken advantage of by others there. A visitor arrives at the prison for Jolyne, who is none other than Jotaro Kujo himself. He informs her that the abilities are called “Stands” and that they are being targeted by Johngalli A. because of their Joestar blood. Jolyne thinks she is able to take Johngalli A. out, but it turns out to be a dream devised by the Stand “Pale Snake”. Jolyne tries to escape the prison with Jotaro, but Jotaro dies and his Stand is stolen by Pale Snake. Jolyne decides to remain at the prison in order to find Pale Snake and retrieve Star Platinum. She believes that in doing so, she will be able to revive Jotaro.

Ermes is set to gain her own Stand in the next episode. Next time on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures: Stone Ocean, episode six. Ermes’s Stickers.

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon (Season 1) was actually pretty good. I did expect better from the show, but I'll take what I can get out it. Haven't picked up on the second season just yet. I'm waiting until all the episodes are available in the English Dub.
I wasn't super fond of S1 of Yashahime but felt it had some promise so I stuck with it to S2, and it's actually been good so far. I don't think it will ever quite hit the highs Inuyasha did, but the pacing and writing are much better this season.

There is an anime thread here? Neat.

I'll list out my recommendations. Some of these are kind of old or obscure, so you might find something new here to watch.

I'll link the opening song in the titles. Kind of hard finding good quality OPs for some of them...

Kino's Journey
A Traveler and their talking motorcycle travel the world and visit new places, staying in each location for exactly three days. Slow paced and philosophical, but very compelling. My number one favorite anime of all time.

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (Diary of a Frenzied Family)
It is a family comedy about a group of random strangers who are thrown into a makeshift family unit to determine which one of them is the true descendant of an evil god. The main cast includes a Government Agent, a hyperactive catgirl, a young girl with a dark past (and her cousin), a combat robot, a talking lion, a flamboyantly gay man, and a "normal" Jellyfish. The show is very high energy.

Toriko
Basically, if Dragon Ball Z and Hunter X Hunter had a baby, and the baby grew up to be a Foodie. A combat anime, where the main character fights powerful monsters using weird skills, and then cooks them to make delicious food to further power up, with the goal of creating the ultimate meal. Kind of silly, but enjoyable.

Log Horizon
One of those "Trapped in a Video Game World" anime. The main character has a "villain mastermind" vibe to him despite being a good guy, and takes a very different approach to figuring out what to do compared to other protagonists in the same genre. Story is compelling, and the cast is very likable.

Claymore
Female warriors with large swords and demon powers fight powerful demons. High quality visuals, serious themes, top notch action scenes, and a well fleshed out world.

Bokurano
Expect children piloting Giant Robot and sadness. Anything more would be spoilers.

Den-noh Coil
Google Glasses the anime, before Google Glasses was a thing. Animation has a Ghibli-esque quality to it. A group of children with glasses that let them see holograms made in cyberspace investigate urban legends. One of my favorite anime of all time. Boku Sacchi!

Busou Renkin
Feels kind of like early seasons of Bleach, but the characters have non-sword weapons.

Sora o Kakeru Shōjo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Space)
Epic Space Opera, but with fanservice. The main character is a ditzy girl living a normal life in orbit over an uninhabitable Earth, going to space school with her space friends. That is, until she accidentally finds an ancient Space Colony and wakes up the AI sleeping in it, and has to help it prepare to fight another, evil Space Colony. The voice of the Colony Ship's AI is basically Lelouche vi Britannia when he is being overly dramatic, except he can't back up what he says with actual skill. Long, fun series.

Shadow Star Narutaru
A very dark take on the concept of Monster Battlers, like Digimon or Pokemon. Don't let the cheerful opening fool you, because it is not for the squeamish.

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar War
The main character's normal small town high school life takes a turn for a strange when he befriends a transfer student and stumbles into an intergalactic conflict between a group of Psychics controlling a giant Shikigami and a force of alien invaders.

Noein
Hard to describe without spoiling important plot points. Trust me, you don't want the story spoiled. The best spoiler-free description that I have heard is "Quantum Mechanics the anime". Complex, plot heavy anime.

Last edited:
Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode eight is here. The debut of the Entertainment District arc!

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were recovering at the Butterfly Mansion after Rengoku had died. Tanjiro went out on his own to Rengoku’s residence in order to pass messages along to his brother and father. Rengoku’s brother was grateful, but Rengoku’s father didn’t want to hear any of it. Apparently the technique for Tanjiro’s Hinokami Kagura is called “Sun Breathing”. Rengoku’s brother gave Tanjiro a gift as they parted ways, and managed to pass along Rengoku’s message to his father. When Rengoku’s father heard this, he tried to take another drink, but there was none left, so he cried.

Then, of course, of all the things that could happen next, Haganezuka just HAD to chase after Tanjiro for days straight because Tanjiro lost his sword in Akaza’s chest. Tanjiro screamed and apologized as he ran away. After awhile, Aoi of the Butterfly Mansion managed to calm Haganezuka down with some food (apparently there are scarier things than demons in this anime…).

Finally, the Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui, made his entrance. He tried to kidnap one of the Butterfly Mansion girls, but Tanjiro said he, Inosuke, and Zenitsu would go in her place. The four of them began their mission towards the Entertainment District, where danger and excitement awaited…

cszlwJG.jpg

d9JaPUS.jpg

ExUAjRB.jpg

YSC5f8v.jpg

ATUnDQJ.jpg

MzOy0wo.jpg

qTJYWNl.jpg

oBgNi6W.jpg

FTUdSJf.jpg

dz3prbD.jpg

Up next time on Demon Slayer season two, episode nine. Infiltrating the Entertainment District. You won’t want to miss it! (y)

Looks like Aggretsuko season 4 will start airing December 16th!

The trailer looks interesting 👀 it's more focused on Haida than anybody else, but it kind of seems like they're gearing up for this to be the last season. Either way, I'm excited! I hope there's another music battle between Haida and Retsuko this season, that was fun

Wrapped up Maid Dragon S a couple of days ago! Gosh did watching that make me have to like... make sure my parents weren't around the vicinity (like what am I gonna do if someone's jigglers are out and my dad walks into my room...). I thought there were some great moments and the OP/ED were FIRE, but there was too much "fanservice" which bordered on unsavory. I think KyoAni produces beautiful anime but I wish they didn't pack on the boob shots like it's nobody's business.

Wrapped up Maid Dragon S a couple of days ago! Gosh did watching that make me have to like... make sure my parents weren't around the vicinity (like what am I gonna do if someone's jigglers are out and my dad walks into my room...). I thought there were some great moments and the OP/ED were FIRE, but there was too much "fanservice" which bordered on unsavory. I think KyoAni produces beautiful anime but I wish they didn't pack on the boob shots like it's nobody's business.
This is exactly why I bailed out. I survived the first season but just couldn't take the second season seriously. It's a real shame too. I do have to say that I can't entirely blame KyoAni as the characters actually do have breasts that size in the original source so they're only remaining faithful but it's still annoying and unnecessary.

Back