• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Team Fortress 2

Pachireecko said:
Ok, it looks like my laptop can run it with ease. Thank God! :p
try downloading Alien Swarm from Steam. it's free, and uses the same engine/graphics (if not slightly better/more intensive) as tf2.

if it can run that decently, it'll run TF2 (on lower settings, at least) no sweat.

a good/high speed (anything'll do, if you can watch youtube without pausing too much, good to go) internet connection is more or less required, since it's mainly a muliplayer-only game. all that's solo/single player is "training" against bots.

Psychonaut said:
Pachireecko said:
Ok, it looks like my laptop can run it with ease. Thank God! :p
try downloading Alien Swarm from Steam. it's free, and uses the same engine/graphics (if not slightly better/more intensive) as tf2.

if it can run that decently, it'll run TF2 (on lower settings, at least) no sweat.

a good/high speed (anything'll do, if you can watch youtube without pausing too much, good to go) internet connection is more or less required, since it's mainly a muliplayer-only game. all that's solo/single player is "training" against bots.
Ok, I'll give it a go. Thanks a lot!

it's run off of my comp, so i takes up internet space and processing power from my comp, obviously.

i can put it up, but if no one's using it, it's a waste. i had it up for a while, just
and then i realized it was on through the highlander match. my face when.

anyways, i can put it up if you want. just add me and message saying to put it up, or just PM me/post here to put it up/you want to use it. if i'm on, i'll run it.

it doesn't have the power to support more than about 10 people without it lagging in spurts, so you know.

Psychonaut said:
it's run off of my comp, so i takes up internet space and processing power from my comp, obviously.

i can put it up, but if no one's using it, it's a waste. i had it up for a while, just

anyways, i can put it up if you want. just add me and message saying to put it up, or just PM me/post here to put it up/you want to use it. if i'm on, i'll run it.

it doesn't have the power to support more than about 10 people without it lagging in spurts, so you know.
Uh, what kind of internet connection do you use?

Squirrel with Nunchucks said:
Psychonaut said:

what do you mean? provider is comcast, it's just cable/high speed, however you want to say.

Psychonaut said:
Psychonaut said:

what do you mean? provider is comcast, it's just cable/high speed, however you want to say.
That's what I meant. Strange that it lags so much though, I'd think a cable modem would be enough

Psychonaut said:
Psychonaut said:

That's what I meant. Strange that it lags so much though, I'd think a cable modem would be enough
it has decent ping (<10 for me, <100 for most, across the pond/europe = about 200, consistent), but it's when it has more people that it starts to lag.

i'm not sure if it's the internet, or it's my computer, but i'm guessing it's my computer.

edit: also of note, i'm using a USB wireless adapter thing, due to being too lazy to run an ethernet cable through the attic/to my room. works fine, but i know that a wired connection has got to be better at some point.

Psychonaut said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
it has decent ping (<10 for me, <100 for most, across the pond/europe = about 200, consistent), but it's when it has more people that it starts to lag.

i'm not sure if it's the internet, or it's my computer, but i'm guessing it's my computer.

edit: also of note, i'm using a USB wireless adapter thing, due to being too lazy to run an ethernet cable through the attic/to my room. works fine, but i know that a wired connection has got to be better at some point.
Yeah, that would probably explain it. If the modem were to be wired directly to the computer, it wouldn't lag nearly as much, probably.

Psychonaut said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yeah, that would probably explain it. If the modem were to be wired directly to the computer, it wouldn't lag nearly as much, probably.
even so, it isn't so much an internet lag problem as it is my-piece-of-*censored.2.0*-computer-can't-handle-ten-people-swarming-a-control-point-entity problem

but yeah, couldn't hurt to wire it in.

-Aaron said:
What's up with the people asking hats for everything, even for the common drops?
Some people are stupid.
Others are greedy! For example, some want 3 hats, some new weapons for 1 of the newer hats. Not even one in a pack.

Back