• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Team Fortress Arcade - Review

Brad

Ask About Dark Candy
Bells
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
ぶ
う
つ
森
ど
Dark Candy
User Title Color Change
Team Fortress Arcade Review

History

Team Fortress Arcade was created by Eric Ruth games as a throwback to old beat em up games from the 80?s and 90?s.

Gameplay
Team Fortress Arcade was made to be played like an old school arcade beat-em--up. And Eric Ruth, over at Eric Ruth games, pulled this off perfectly. Moving from right to left, attacking enemies as they bombard you from all sides, four-player co-op, it?s all there. All of this gameplay is put into ten, excellently crafted stages. 9 of which are for the original player classes from the game, and the 10th is so amazing I don?t even want to spoil it here. Players choose from 1 of the 9 aforementioned classes. The, Pyro, Sniper, Heavy, Spy, Medic, Soldier, Demoman, Scout, and Engineer. All of which play differently and have their own strategies. Like they should. The bosses are another story. Some bosses can be completed with barely any damage being sustained. While, other bosses will kill you, over, and over, and over, again. There are also some encounters where there are just random difficulty spikes. But, considering the fact that there is infinite continues, this is only a minor frustration.

Presentation

The game is presented with graphics that you would expect to find in any arcade beat em up from the 80?s and 90?s. Each of the classes is represented nicely, looking the same as their FPS counter-parts. The environments are also very nice looking. Ranging from a giant sky lit, elevators, and mine shafts. All of it pulled off with the same charm and style used for the characters. The music is nice. But, not all that memorable. Apart from the old school rendition of the original theme, I can?t really recall how any of the other tunes sounded. Making most of the soundtrack just feel bland, and forgettable.

Conclusion

Overall, Team Fortress Arcade is a fun experience. With nice graphics, varied stages, and fun multiplayer. But, I can?t imagine playing through it more than three or four times. While its cool to say, ?Look at this awesome Arcade version of TF2.? Its not much more of a fun little, hour-long distraction from the actual game. So, with all of these things considered, I?m giving Team Fortress Arcade, a well deserved, 8/10. If you would like to try Team Fortress Arcade, it can be found over at Eric Ruth games. Where you can also download some de-makes of other popular games, such as Halo, and Left 4 Dead.

Back