TBT's Haunted Carnival: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all the winners, and a huge thank you to staff and everyone who did so much work behind the scenes for this event. It's amazing to see my Saharah camper design up there.

I loved the way this was organized and all of the activities! Each tent had so much to offer, and there were opportunities to earn plenty of sideshow tickets from the main events.

The story writing, puzzles, bottles, mirrors, designing in ac, art activities, carnival dust, raffles, prompts for creature feature, and the spooky stalk market... it was so much! Awesome Halloween event!!

Ahh I'm so happy to have gotten two staff favorites!! ;v; I've often stared longingly at the Ancient Lanterns in lineups, so I'm very excited to be taking home a more sinister variation! Congrats to all the other favorites too—they were absolutely well-deserved!! 🎉

ALSO BLACK FEATHER RAFFLE??? I'm gonna cross my fingers so hard for this one, pls pray for me y'all 🤞🖤🪶🙏 also going to throw one coin in for the pink candy raffle bc it's cute and I've had lineup ideas for a new one

I really loved this event, so thank you so much for hosting this for us, staff!! 🧡🎃 Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year, so getting a massive event like this really made my October super special! I think the amount of sideshow tickets we were given was very well-balanced—I was worried I wouldn't be able to participate in everything, but with a lot of participation and some careful planning I was able to in the end! With that being said, if this format gets used again in the future I think I'd like to see it made a bit more relaxed.
I'm lucky in that I have a flexible schedule that allows me to make room for these kinds of things, but I understand that the two-day expiration period was more stressful for a lot of users with more standard weekday schedules. And even with my schedule, I was worried I'd have to skip out on some of the sillier/just-for-fun type events in order to participate in my highest priorities—I think tickets taking longer to expire or being able to earn a greater excess of them would make events like this feel a little more chill.

I also want to say that one of my favorite parts of this event was the silly stuff—being able to suggest prompts in Creature Feature Fever and vote for our favorite Banner Beasts were both a lot of fun! I'd love to see stuff like that make a comeback in future events. ^^

Also just want to thank staff again for how incredibly generous y'all were with the tbt and raffles in this event!! 🥹🙏

Oops, I almost forgot! I shall immortalize this diagram from Wagon of Mirrors in this thread.

The elusive, the legendary, the magnificent Charizard + Dragonite + Lickitung Pokemon fusion I drew the diagram of back when the Wagon of Mirrors is still open!
8.png

Enjoy!

Because I had only two coins, I could only buy two tickets. And I entered two raffles. Odds are very low for me.

But then again, there were times I won when the odds were very narrow.

Oh my gosh, I'm so honored to have 2 Staff Favorites! 😭 This will be my very first uniquely-awarded collectible! Thank you so much, I really enjoyed this event and I wish I was around to participate in all of the activities but I had an awesome time! I loved the theme and it was just a lot of fun overall.

Huge thank-you to all the staff for organizing these events for us as always; your hard work is truly appreciated! I'm always happy to be able to participate whenever I can 💜

It was a great event...and way more than I think anybody expected. Huge thanks to the staff as always.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, rereleasing older collectibles for purchase instead of raffle was genius. Couldn't be happier to have a modern Ancient Candle 🕯️

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners! It really was a tough process choosing favorites, there was so many great entries! I'm really glad everyone had fun this Halloween event, I loved hosting the Creature Feature event and seeing all the interpretations everyone came up with for their prompts. ^^

But now that the carnival has packed up and moved on, I can finally take off this clown suit and hibernate till next spooky month. 💤

This was such an amazing Halloween event, thank you for the staff favorites 🥳 There were so many insanely good entries!! I loved the whole Carnival theme, and honestly I didn't really mind the sideshow ticket system. All the activities were fun!! I hope to see the Spooky Stalk Market re-appear again someday 🚀

Question for the mods: will there be any way to convert any extra sideshow tickets/anything to do with them like a separate raffle maybe? (Hoping they aren’t destined for the bin next to the carnival’s exit…)

Cute, very cute 🥲

Congrats to the other winners as well! The sideshow ticket gimmick was an interesting and surprisingly engaging idea, to be sure! It's great that you try new things, staff. Whether people agree or disagree, it definitely helps keep events fresh by mixing up the formula every now and again. Some ideas are always hit or miss, but that's to be expected. You can't please everyone, but hey, it was a lot of fun.

Also Muffy I love you, I love you so much, but I'm really glad Stitches won the villager spooky showdown. Our very first cub villager! It's happy, colorful and adorable <3 plus I adore that he has a light blue background rather than the spooky purple I bet most people expected (including me lol) so that was a really nice surprise.

Thank you for hosting such an amazing event, this was a lot of fun, 😊 and I'm honoured that my Vandal Visions entry got chosen as a favourite! Congratulations to the other well-deserved winners!!
My fingers are crossed for a swamp potion 🤞

Congrats to all the winners and big thank you to the mods for such a spooktacular event!!! 👻

Used my one leftover ticket on the black feather raffle- the odds are definitely not in my favour, but it’s one of my dream collectibles so I had to try 🤞

Very excited for the potential holiday event… ʘ‿ʘ
(but mods should take a nice, relaxing break first!)

Congrats to all of the winners! Your entries were so deserving and there were so many other amazing entries. You should all feel proud. The voting process really was HARD!!!

I had a great time hosting my first event and getting to see all of your wonderful tarot cards. I hope you all had fun! I can't wait to do this again!

Congratulations to the winners! They are all wonderful entries. Plus, I’m glad that a lot of my favorites made it.🙌

Thank you staff for this wonderful event! You all made it easier for me to enjoy this month to the fullest; which I didn’t think was possible.

Congratulations on those who earned staff favorites, and thanks for the event! Had a lot of fun pushing my creativity to the limits :3

Question for the mods: will there be any way to convert any extra sideshow tickets/anything to do with them like a separate raffle maybe? (Hoping they aren’t destined for the bin next to the carnival’s exit…)

No, sorry! Sideshow tickets can be recycled by the carnival exit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back