• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's 2023 Stole-iday Season: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Stellar Wild Child
Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Narnia
Blue Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Green Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Silver Star Glow Wand
Blue Train Engine
Yellow Caboose
Sleek Train Car
Floral Train Car
White Crescent Moon
Closing banner.png

As most of you have probably seen in our last announcement, we've caught the criminals responsible for the initial disappearance of our holiday event. After a thorough interrogation and some bribery with our yearly candy canes they have confessed to these acts, citing the coincidental alignment of their birthdays with Christmas Day as the motive for their conspiracy.

We TBT staff do not normally share exactly how we deal with troublemakers for the sake of their privacy, but given the high profile of their heist we will disclose their sentence publicly: they have each been fined 10 bells for their acts and we made them promise very seriously to not do this again. We're pretty sure that our next holiday celebrations are now safe and will be more traditional again! Since these two have already faced consequences at this point, we ask you to please not let this single event turn you against these two villager friends.

I'll quickly use their mugshots to replace the lost original closing ceremony banner art so that we can move along with wrapping up this event!

Voting Results
During this event, four of our activities had staff nominations and all those nominations went to a set of polls to be voted on by the community. The voting period for those polls is now over and the votes have now been counted! These are the prizes given to the entries which received the most votes:
  • 1st place: Gold Trophy and choice of any glow wand collectible (including impostors, but excluding the animated moon wand)
  • 2nd place: Silver Trophy
  • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy
  • 1st - 5th place: 200 bells
  • For winners who managed to place more than once, multiple prizes will be awarded.
Important! Just like it was the case with the 12 days of Christmas raffles: any badgering, harassment, or cold messaging of the winners for their prizes will not be tolerated. Wait until the winners express interest in selling before contacting them.

With that said, the winners for these prizes are as follows!

🎲 All A Board:

1. jadetine
2. Firesquids
3. Aquilla
4. Jacob
5. Flyffel

All A Board.jpg

🎉 Classified Celebrations:

1. lieryl
2. Blink.
3. Mokuren
4 (tie). Xara
4 (tie). CylieDanny

Classified Celebrations.png

1705349396146.png
North Pole Ornament Workshop:

1. faerie
2. Firesquids
3. Saylor
4 (tie). Airysuit
4 (tie). oak

North Pole Ornament Workshop.jpg

🐘 White Elephant Creations:

1. Cheremtasy
2 (tie). seliph
2 (tie). Muna

4. Millysaurusrexjr
5. Blink.

White Elephant.png

Community Picks
There is one more thing to list some winners for: the top 5 most voted on entries in 🎅 Helper Outfits will each be rewarded with 100 bells. Because of a tie, there will actually be six winners for this activity! Here are our winners:

helper outfits.png

1. himekirako
2. Rosch
3. Firesquids
4. amemome
5 (tie). LittleMissPanda

5 (tie). Merielle

Raffle Winners
The moment you've all been waiting for! Each of these three raffles will have three winners. But with over six thousand raffle tickets sold for the OG Glow Wand Raffle and more than a thousand on both of the others, the following people can consider themselves very lucky, or perhaps very smart for spending all their event allowance on gambling:

OG Glow Wand Raffle
Star, Heart, or Flower Glow Wand. Only one of each will be given out, with the first winner picking first, the second winner choosing from the two not yet picked, and the third winner getting the remaining one.
181.jpg
178.jpg
179.jpg

1. mocha.! (gets the first pick)
  2. Kattea! (gets second pick)
  3. JellyBeans! (receives the third wand)

New Gen Glow Wand Raffle
Choice of the Enchanted Butterfly, Snowflake, Planet, Pumpkin, or Skull Glow Wand. No limitations based on who wins first.
487.jpg
459.jpg
571.jpg
448.jpg
594.jpg

• Merielle,
  • digimon,
  • and p e p p e r!

Plush Raffle
Choice of the Mom's Plush, Sheep, Bee, Dino or Fancy Kitty Plush. No limitations based on who wins first.
361.jpg
362.jpg
425.jpg
426.jpg
527.jpg

• VernalLapin,
  • JemAC,
  • and Biyaya!

This applies here too: like with the 12 days of Christmas raffles, any badgering, harassment, or cold messaging of the winners will not be tolerated. Wait until the winners express interest in selling before contacting them. Thank you!

Ending Schedule
After this announcement, there will only be a few more things left before we can call this event over. Mainly:
  • The event board will be hidden right after this thread is posted. For future reference, you can still visit it here.
  • The winners from the voting polls and raffles will be contacted about the prizes within a day or two.
  • The holiday items will be removed from the shop on Friday, January 19th.

Event Credits
As usual, I would like to close this off by patting ourselves on the back. A big thank you to everyone who participated, but also to the following people who helped make this event happen:

Activities coordinator: Jeremy
Thread coordinator: Mick
Art coordinator: Mick
Activities (co-)hosts: Chris, Jeremy, ~Kilza~, LaBelleFleur, LadyDestani, Mairmalade, Mistreil, Oblivia, pandapples
Main banner art: Mick
Activities banner art: Mistreil (literally all of them except Helper Outfits which was done by Mick)
Blue Holiday Candle, Froggy Snowman, Crystal Tree, Kagamimochi and all Train Collectibles: Mistreil
Froggy Snowman elements: moonphyx, Plume, Aquilla, Azzy and Rhea (as voted on here)
Tockoid Collectible: Mick
Blue Christmas Stocking Collectible: dizzy bone
Master Ball and Inky Collectible Recolour: Mistreil

Psychedelic Snow Bunny Recolour: Mick
Other "Impostor" collectible Recolours: Jeremy
2023 Holiday Candy Cane Collectible: Laudine

"Gingerbread Gang" and "Thparkling Thermosphere" Backdrops: Mistreil
"Peppermint Dreams" and "Holly Trimmings" Backdrops: Chris
Technical setup: Jeremy, Oblivia, Justin

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners! 🎉 🏆
There was some very stiff competition this event, disappointed I couldn't win a glow wand, but I'm still proud of the work I put out!
As always thanks to the staff for keeping us busy, I hope you all had a happy holiday and have a wonderful new year!

FREE MY GIRLS RUBY AND ÉTOILE THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
IMG_5490.png

A massive congratulations to all of the winners, event and raffle alike! 🎉 I’m truly so surprised to see my Classified Celebrations entry up there with how gorgeous and unique every entry was, but I’m forever so awed and grateful! I put a lot of time, thought and effort into it, and it makes my heart so happy that it paid off and that other people enjoyed it as well! Thank you so much! 🥹 It’s an honour to be tied with you @CylieDanny 🫶

I‘m very excited to see what wands the first placers and raffle winners will choose! ✨

Aaaaaa I'm so incredibly thrilled to be one of the new gen wand winners and to see my little Reindeer rep up there!! 🥹 Huge congrats to all the contest and raffle winners, and great work to everyone who took part!

Thank you so much for hosting this event for us, staff! I'm super excited for what's to come in 2024! (That being said, please make sure to rest lol. These past few events have been huge!)

Happy new year, everyone!! 🎆

Congrats to everybody on these big wins!

wow, my board game vote didn't even place. rip

well regardless, big grats to all the winners. those were some surprisingly painful votes to decide on this time, imo. even by usual tbt finalist standards

looking forward to some highly unique lineups with those unique date flex collectible wins as well

Congratulations to everyone who won a contest and won a raffle.

It’s kinda unfortunate that I didn’t win one of the post-event raffles. I guess the odds don’t like those who are willing to make profit off of the raffle collectibles. But whoever won them deserved them.

Congrats to all of the favorites and the raffle winners! It was hard to choose my favorite entries because they were all so creative! Thank you, staff, for this fun event, and I can't wait for the next event!

Made a quick edit, all of the entries that went to the poll are now listed and linked because they were all so good and deserve to be archived for future generations. You'll find them in the spoilers under the poll results, if you're ever feeling nostalgic!

shoutout to ruby and étoile's fabulous mugshots
Thank you, they were a lot of fun to draw :LOL:

FREE MY GIRLS RUBY AND ÉTOILE THEY CAN DO NO WRONG View attachment 531488
They got what they deserved!! We don't like to do this but sometimes we must! 😣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back