• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XIV: My Little Mafia: Deception is Magic [Endgame - Ponyville wins!]

We only have 5 hours left so I'd like to hear some more thoughts.

I don't think that lynching Cory or Ryan88 is a good idea. I agree with Sataric's list of reasons why we shouldn't lynch him. As for Cory, I honestly don't believe he's scum just because of the fact that he's back to his old playstyle (if you can call it that). Dolby mentioned games where he acted this way when he was scum, but there are games where he has acted the same as Town so I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's scum.

Thanks for the post links Harry! And to Natty for adding them to the OP. :)

The amount of 'placeholder' votes is quite ridiculous at the moment considering there is discussion going on in the thread, and players have had time to come to their own conclusions as well by now. It's rather questionable I have to say. 4/20 (blaze it) placeholder votes is not good when we need 11 for majority.

I am slightly hesitant to vote for Cory right now as I have to say I am a bit wary for a few of the players that have voted for him and brought him up in the thread. I also don't see another name being brought up which I would expect scum to do if he was on the mafia team. It's Day 1 so scum could probably persuade someone to vote for an inactive town player quite easily if necessary... Cory isn't even defending himself and as scum I would think he would try harder or try to flip it onto someone else when accused based on what I have seen in previous games. I am leaning more towards alise at this moment in time I have to say. This is just so typical scum behaviour from her. Whereas Cory has certainly played like an idiot as town before. :rolleyes:

I feel like Cory seemed like scum earlier, when he was flipping out about one vote. It just seemed like he wanted to be alive. Also, I find that I have to read so much crap, and I want it reduced, because it is easier for scum to hide in crap rather than reasonable post (i n my opinion) so by lynching Cory, hopefully less crap will be posted. I think we will get more evidence from lynching Cory rather than Alise because he has posted more, and we can look at who he was talking to and whatnot.

Alise i haven't seen much of, so I'm not exactly worried yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, so if you don't want people to spam and you don't want people to list inactives, what do you want us all to do? Maybe you should add something to the table instead of relying on town to do it for you? Step it up for goodness sakes

People can list inactives, i wasn't saying that, but they should wait until everyone has had a chance to post.

I feel like Cory seemed like scum earlier, when he was flipping out about one vote. It just seemed like he wanted to be alive. Also, I find that I have to read so much crap, and I want it reduced, because it is easier for scum to hide in crap rather than reasonable post (i n my opinion) so by lynching Cory, hopefully less crap will be posted. I think we will get more evidence from lynching Cory rather than Alise because he has posted more, and we can look at who he was talking to and whatnot.

Alise i haven't seen much of, so I'm not exactly worried yet.

But that's why you should be worried, because Alise is known to be inactive. In my opinion we should be more afraid of inactives hiding until late game instead of focusing on someone who may be a distraction. I disagree that Cory was sounding desperate about wanting to stay alive, because so far this game he's mostly been joking around. Cory isn't stupid, so him "freaking out" about the vote was probably more of a joke. Inactives are dangerous because we can't really read them, people who spam can at least be read to give us some information.

But that's why you should be worried, because Alise is known to be inactive. In my opinion we should be more afraid of inactives hiding until late game instead of focusing on someone who may be a distraction. I disagree that Cory was sounding desperate about wanting to stay alive, because so far this game he's mostly been joking around. Cory isn't stupid, so him "freaking out" about the vote was probably more of a joke. Inactives are dangerous because we can't really read them, people who spam can at least be read to give us some information.

I think you misunderstood. I mean that I want to lynch Cory because scum can hide behind spam. It means we can see the inactives not speaking and get them to speak up.

I think you misunderstood. I mean that I want to lynch Cory because scum can hide behind spam. It means we can see the inactives not speaking and get them to speak up.

But the problem with inactives is that they generally will not speak up, even if told to speak.

I'm still thinking of lynching Cory. I think it'll get a distraction out of the way.

I feel that this is a terrible idea. If you feel that it is likely he'll flip town, then don't lynch him. Sure, he might be a bit silly and distracting here and there but at least he would be a helpful vote cast in the right direction hopefully. We don't know how much KP the mafia have, or if there is third party that can kill, so who knows how many dead bodies will show up after the night phase? There is only 20 players in the game - We CANNOT afford to get rid of a player that is likely to flip town just because he's annoying or whatever.

And you know, Feloreena makes a lot of sense. To be honest I voted for Cory primarily out of frustration because not only did he come across as scummy, but then his defense was absolutely dire, and the way he answered my questions was annoying rather than helpful. But would he really just give up so easily if he was scum? He loves to be scum. He would fight against the lynch with everything he had if he was scum, I think. And he's not doing that right now.

I am not getting town-reads on Karla, personally. That's why I've been poking at him a little with questions and whatnot. But does that mean I think we should lynch him on Day 1? Well, perhaps not - Seems quite risky. Alise is a safer choice. In any case, I will probably be changing my vote, I think.

But the problem with inactives is that they generally will not speak up, even if told to speak.

But, with spam its harder to find the inactives (well for me it is), and they can hide. If there wasn't any spam, I would go for an inactive, but I just don't want to play a mafia game if there is tons of spam. It's as if they don't want to play, and just want to troll.

But, with spam its harder to find the inactives (well for me it is), and they can hide. If there wasn't any spam, I would go for an inactive, but I just don't want to play a mafia game if there is tons of spam. It's as if they don't want to play, and just want to troll.

No one can hide if you take the time to check the post links. That's what they are there for.

we shouldn't lynch inactives, we should get vigs to shoot them

How come you seemed so much more aggressive in previous games, when you were town? Eager to get the ball rolling and all that? I really feel like you're hiding something but I obviously cannot be certain this early on. However, I asked a few people in PMs what they thought of you and there were some that agreed that you seem a bit shady. If you're town, why aren't you acting like town much?

I understand Cariad's thought process on lynching distractions, especially on Day 1, because I do seem to have a history with leading those lynches as my same old classic townie playstyle, but I do not lynch distractions unless I think they are likely to be scum as well. Example: Game III as mayor, I lynched Foxwolf64 for posting that I was scum day one with no backup evidence and trolling town.
Speaking of Cariad, you are one of my highest suspicions right now, for the reasons of:
1) Told us not to list off inactives but didn't suggest anything else we COULD do, nor post any opinions herself
2) Is complaining about spam this game when, in reality, this is a very low spam day one. What's the deal? I feel like you're making excuses to push a lynch on Cory.

I'm about to go to bed. I will be switching my vote from Cory to Alise. I am however worried that, with so many people still not voting, and several people doing the "placeholder" votes which is incredibly destructive to town, we may not reach majority anyways. I don't like the idea of a No-Lynch but it is preferable to killing Cory who seems to be either a Fool or moronic townie. I feel that Alise has not contributed with anything so far, which is typical scum behaviour for her, and that she quite frankly rarely adds much to the games even when innocent.

How come you seemed so much more aggressive in previous games, when you were town? Eager to get the ball rolling and all that? I really feel like you're hiding something but I obviously cannot be certain this early on. However, I asked a few people in PMs what they thought of you and there were some that agreed that you seem a bit shady. If you're town, why aren't you acting like town much?

what does ur post have to do with what u quoted??

Back