Mafia TBT Mini Mafia II: Catch Scum or Catch Scurvy [Game Over/Town Win]

Looks like I wasn't cut out for a true thinking man's game, hahaha. Maybe next time.

Also I'm a 「Boy」.

No, you just were a little... too suspicious for your first time. If Karla weren't playing, then I would have died my first game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A lot earlier.

Looks like I wasn't cut out for a true thinking man's game, hahaha. Maybe next time.

Also I'm a 「Boy」.

I actually asked several people your gender, and we guessed female! :p

Edited Night 1 post to reflect this. :)

Last edited:
I forgot when this was going to start... Looks like I've got some catching up to do...

Not entirely true. Not exactly accusing you of anything though.

I viewed the thread accidently, I meant to check the other game. (Had the BSOD so I've been having to catch up on things.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Long story short, 3DSfan was killed because of Wisdom of the Crowd, BBG avoided the lynch, and Stargazer was town.

Okay, thanks for the quick update!

[19:48] <Kayla> Uhm in order: iLoveYou, Kuma, Gandalf, Trundle, iTookYourWaffles

I'd definitely suggest looking into one of these people.

Surgeons, I would strongly suggest protecting one of these people: iLoveYou, Trundle, Superpenguin, or ME. The three of us are very strong players, and are likely to die the first night. If you remember back to Mafia IV, Trundle, SP, and I died night one. iLoveYou died night two.

I do have reason to believe I am going to be targeted tonight. I don't want to post these reasons yet. It's just something based off of what I read, but I do think I will be killed tonight. I've started this game strong, I've continued strong, and if this game is anything like last game, I (or any of the people I mentioned) are likely to be killed tonight.

Gunners, unless you have a strong suspicion, I would recommend against killing someone tonight.

Pirates, go walk the plank. Damn pirates.

I feel pretty good about that list. Trundle is probably the best candidate for investigation in my opinion. If anyone (pref a doctor) wants to try and contact oath privately to see why he feels he may be a target, it might put us a step ahead. Just be careful...

Also I'm a 「Boy」.

It's a shame, but I suppose it could have been worse... I didn't really expect us to hit red, but to me the whole thing smelled fishy.

The first vote for him came in three hours before the polls closed, after several people had committed to either Trundle or BBG (Approx. 3:00pm, my time) by iLoveYou, who changed her vote from herself, seemingly without explanation.

At 3:05, this post was made...

You voted without posting here in this thread. :c On BellBringerGreen too. Most people have been expressing concern because there's a chance he really is Town aligned. Some people voted for themselves because we were really unsure of what to do. You went ahead & straight out voted for BellBringerGreen without even making an explanation here.

Fishy. :c

And this one an hour later, neither of which mention StarGazer.

I'd really like to see the following players post more:

Farobi (You are posting, but you really only post when you are called out)
Beary509 (started off by accusing others like me, Lunatic, Waffles - then disappeared)
Hikari (viewed the thread - never posted)
River (never viewed the thread - inactive)
FanousOnTheLoose (he has told several people in the IRC he would be away)

Feel free to join us during the Night / Day Two, since Day One is practically over. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only reason I didn't include FireNinja1 is because he's viewing the thread right now. So he's probably going to post or something.

Less than ten minutes later, a second vote was cast for StarGazer, with no explanation, by Trundle. SuperPenguin was next, but I feel he explained his reasoning adequately.

I decided to go with Stargazer out of the lurkers cause she is th eonly one looking at the thread, yet only to go vote without posting and vote on a bandwagon lynch.

What originally looked like a sure-thing turned back into a race. BlueRose was obviously a bandwagon vote...

Actually, I'll go for majority on Stargazer.

...and I would wager that several others that followed were, too. It feels as if the beginnings of the movement were to throw our scent off someone else, and if so, we completely went along with it.

I feel like the following people should be a high for detectives to check
Trundle (obvious)
Iloveyou (forgot Gandalf on list of lurkers, maybe on purpose as mafia, maybe forgot as town, simular to mafia game two, day one)
Gandalf (see above)
ITYW (wanted a pm circles started, asked in public, maybe mafia trying to find blues)

Let me know if you think somebody should be added to this list or my reasoning for a person to get rolechecked isn't sound.

- - - Post Merge - - -

High priority

I feel like the following people should be a high for detectives to check

Trundle (obvious)
Iloveyou (forgot Gandalf on list of lurkers, maybe on purpose as mafia, maybe forgot as town, simular to mafia game two, day one)
Gandalf (see above)
ITYW (wanted a pm circles started, asked in public, maybe mafia trying to find blues)

Let me know if you think somebody should be added to this list or my reasoning for a person to get rolechecked isn't sound.

- - - Post Merge - - -

High priority

I am asking that the Doctors consider protecting these players on the Detective list. Chances are since the Detectives are being told to inspect them, the Mafia will want to target them (along with any other strong player). Why would the Mafia want to target them? Simply because they do not want us to meet you and the Detectives. They do not want us to be known as confirmed Town. Therefore you guys should consider protecting anyone from that list in case they do get inspected and killed. You will be helping the Detectives this way too .. an inspection made on a player who got killed will result in a wasted inspection.

Think about it, there's no way all 4 of those names are Mafia. You should definitely consider protecting anyone on the Detective list that you feel is worth saving. I personally am not afraid to die, but you guys should HEAVILY consider starting to work your way to finding confirmed Town players through hits.

Detectives do not forget about the Godfather + Miller(s).

Chances are the Mafia is going to want to target strong players tonight. Players actively involved in the thread. If they get targeted then that's your chance to meet us as confirmed Town players. Obviously only 2 people will be targeted, which means not everyone who you protect will be hit.

If the Mafia do not target us, they'll target weaker players. What happens? They get stuck with strong players on Day Two who will hunt for evidence against them. If you leave me in the game Mafia, I guarantee I will call out every single player. Your names will be called out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To ensure no Vigilante hits get mistaken as Mafia hits, I would ask the Vigilantes to stay out of this one & target any other player on the list of players.

I feel pretty good about that list. Trundle is probably the best candidate for investigation in my opinion. If anyone (pref a doctor) wants to try and contact oath privately to see why he feels he may be a target, it might put us a step ahead. Just be careful...

It's a shame, but I suppose it could have been worse... I didn't really expect us to hit red, but to me the whole thing smelled fishy.

The first vote for him came in three hours before the polls closed, after several people had committed to either Trundle or BBG (Approx. 3:00pm, my time) by iLoveYou, who changed her vote from herself, seemingly without explanation.

At 3:05, this post was made...

And this one an hour later, neither of which mention StarGazer.

Less than ten minutes later, a second vote was cast for StarGazer, with no explanation, by Trundle. SuperPenguin was next, but I feel he explained his reasoning adequately.

What originally looked like a sure-thing turned back into a race. BlueRose was obviously a bandwagon vote...

...and I would wager that several others that followed were, too. It feels as if the beginnings of the movement were to throw our scent off someone else, and if so, we completely went along with it.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about the StarGazer bandwagon. These are observations I made in a few people:

Blu Rose:
I'm gonna go for majority, and then get Lunatic tomorrow...

Vote: BellBringerGreen

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, I'll go for majority on Stargazer.

UNVOTE

Vote: Stargazer741

- - - Post Merge - - -

##Unvote

##Vote: Stargazer 741

Much better.

As you can see, he voted for BBG first, then changed to StarGazer. This struck me as odd because he changed from one bandwagon to another, going with whoever was racking the most votes up. I never seen Blu Rose just bandwagon like that in the past games he has been a part of, without giving much of a reason (unless I missed it and he did)

BBG: BBG voted for the other person in the spotlight (StarGazer), when he himself was in it. Did he vote for StarGazer to rack up more votes for him, and to avoid his (BBG's) own lynch?

One minor thing I observed is that Beary followed closely behind BBG in voting for StarGazer. But that could just be coincidence, of course.

Coincidence it is. I had just gotten home from school and I was like OMFG NEED TO VOTE AHH

Alright I wasn't expecting that kind of shift in the votes last night. If I had known I probably would have voted for someone besides myself. Definitely going to avoid that now as it looks like Town can't be trusted on their own. Lucky we only hit a townie, something Superpenguin adamantly wanted to avoid when people were voting BellBringerGreen.

No. No. No. BBG is practically being confirmed as a sailor here right now! Why are you guys trying to kill him off? Go for a lurker instead, at least, omg! Why would you sacrifice someone who is appearing to be a Sailor just to play it safe? That's so pointless, omg. You want to lynch a confirmed sailor, lynch Kayla then who is constantly claiming she is of no value other then contributing to discussion. Seriously...

Honestly don't understand how you can go from avoiding a lynch of someone practically being confirmed as a sailor to a new player who has made no contribution on their very first day. In the past we have seen people put in posts without and explanation, and do you know what, most of the time those players have been innocent. Not just that but this was a new player. I just don't know what you saw there but that fact alone made StarGazer741 look completely green to me. One extra sailor at the end of the game makes a huge difference, in Game IV for example Town would have had a whole new cycle to catch Tom in.

Definitely keeping a close eye on you now along with everyone who jumped on that bandwagon. I would strongly recommend any of the detectives to stick to the lists stated prior to this post and for medics to do the same.

Blu Rose:

As you can see, he voted for BBG first, then changed to StarGazer. This struck me as odd because he changed from one bandwagon to another, going with whoever was racking the most votes up. I never seen Blu Rose just bandwagon like that in the past games he has been a part of, without giving much of a reason (unless I missed it and he did)

I voted for BBG originally due to the votes being stacked against him. Then, SP voted for StarGazer, and so, I went for majority.

zgtxWWf.jpg

Back