• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Scarab beetles actually exist, right?

Barney

Bells
I've seen online that they appear between 11pm and 8am.

I'm never awake after 11pm, and definitely not on the game at that time, so on and off for the past few weeks I've been hopping on in the morning around 7am to creep around my island with my net poised, ready to catch a scarab beetle...but I've not even seen one yet!

The information I read isn't wrong, is it? They're definitely around in July and up until 8am? Just thought I should check, as it seems like I should have come across one in the 10+ hours I've spent searching so far.

LOL definitely real, but very hard to come by... I'm on A LOT from 11pm to 2am and have only seen 1 so far. Keep at it and good luck :ROFLMAO:

They do! I actually just caught one a few minutes ago.

I think that they are rather rare. This is the second one I've seen in all my time actively looking. The first time, I scared it away...

LOL definitely real, but very hard to come by... I'm on A LOT from 11pm to 2am and have only seen 1 so far. Keep at it and good luck :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the info. At least I know I'm not on a wild goose chase, then!

I think I'm going to give up on actively looking for them if they're that rare...it's just not fun. Searching for bugs gets in the way of normal gameplay, as I have to be so careful wandering around my island so I don't accidentally scare them away.

If I happen to stumble across one on the odd occasion I'm on before 8am, then great. If not, well I've invested enough hours already to feel like I gave it a fair shot!

🤣
Post automatically merged:

They do! I actually just caught one a few minutes ago.

I think that they are rather rare. This is the second one I've seen in all my time actively looking. The first time, I scared it away...

Ouch!

That would not feel good!

You are in the northern hemisphere right? haha. I believe they're around through August as well, so you have some time

You are in the northern hemisphere right? haha. I believe they're around through August as well, so you have some time

Haha! Yes - should have made that clear, just in case!

Hopefully one will turn up before the end of August...though if I accidentally scare it away, I'll be distraught!

I've never found one on my island. I caught 3 tonight (would of been 5 if i was a bit more careful >.< ) while hunting for the gold stag on a mystery island. Is much easier finding the rare beetles that way

Yeah I guess Mystery Islands are the way to go. Prepare the island a little bit, so tree bugs appear more often: pluck all flowers, destroy the stones and make sure to scare away ground bugs (also the ones on the big stones)

I have seen many scarabs that way and got 3 gold stags that way

Yeah I guess Mystery Islands are the way to go. Prepare the island a little bit, so tree bugs appear more often: pluck all flowers, destroy the stones and make sure to scare away ground bugs (also the ones on the big stones)

I have seen many scarabs that way and got 3 gold stags that way
3 golds? lucky i only found 1. but yeah this except also be sure its a one level island or there will constantly be spawns on the second level u have to climb up to scare

I've never found one on my island. I caught 3 tonight (would of been 5 if i was a bit more careful >.< ) while hunting for the gold stag on a mystery island. Is much easier finding the rare beetles that way

Oh my goodness - it's been so long since I went to a mystery island, I actually forgot they were a thing! Thank you.

:ROFLMAO:

I can't believe how silly I feel right now.

Mystery islands it is, then...

Yep, I caught one without actually looking for it a few days ago but that’s it and I’ve never seen it again (or I probably scared it away if I had lol)!

Yeah I haven't been lucky enough to come across one yet, along with the majority of the rare stag beetles. There are a surprising amount of rare and hard to catch beetles this month for some reason, and I can't really tell the majority of them apart from one another, so it's kind of hard to grind for it. Probably a good idea to go to a mystery island and just start catching every beetle I see until I get the ones I want, just been too lazy so far.
I thought the same with the walking stick. Took me 2 weeks to finally catch everything in July.
Also why is there a bug in game literally called the 'walking stick' lol that sounds so silly. Now I kind of want to catch one right now just to here what the pun for it is in game. :unsure:

Edit: Pls don't spoil the pun for me

Yeah I haven't been lucky enough to come across one yet, along with the majority of the rare stag beetles. There are a surprising amount of rare and hard to catch beetles this month for some reason, and I can't really tell the majority of them apart from one another, so it's kind of hard to grind for it. Probably a good idea to go to a mystery island and just start catching every beetle I see until I get the ones I want, just been too lazy so far.

Also why is there a bug in game literally called the 'walking stick' lol that sounds so silly. Now I kind of want to catch one right now just to here what the pun for it is in game. :unsure:

Edit: Pls don't spoil the pun for me
I personally think the pun is one of the best, so you'll be nicely surprised when you do catch it!

Scarab beetle was unusually common to me, also easier to spot since they made it a more silver shade this time. Tho flies and some palm tree bugs -.-

I second the mystery island method, I just print tickets until I get a bamboo island, and then clear out flowers on it and focus on checking palm trees (and scaring dung beetles, mosquitoes, hermit crabs, warf roaches). I caught several Scarab Beetles on the nights I went to mystery islands. I've only seen them twice in my island, and I scared them away accidentally both times.

I second the mystery island method, I just print tickets until I get a bamboo island, and then clear out flowers on it and focus on checking palm trees (and scaring dung beetles, mosquitoes, hermit crabs, warf roaches). I caught several Scarab Beetles on the nights I went to mystery islands. I've only seen them twice in my island, and I scared them away accidentally both times.
That’s a great idea . I forgot about bamboo island . I was trying for a golden stag and scarab beetle on a mystery island and the only bugs that appeared were the giant water bugs.

Finally caught the scarab beetle at 430am on my island.

I finally caught one about half an hour ago, but my goodness this game likes testing me!

I've been doing a lot of work on my island at the moment, so had given up searching for one and was going to try some mystery island hunting next week, but then I suddenly caught a glimpse of a scarab on one of my palm trees.

As I circled around, making sure I wasn't going to accidentally scare it, I paused to checked the time...7:59 AM!

:ROFLMAO:

I had visions of the clock striking 8 and the scarab disappearing into the pixellated ether as I stood with my net poised.

Thankfully I managed to snag it with about 5 seconds to spare.

Just the golden stag to find now, but at least that's around during the hours I usually play the game.

Back