• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Redd needs to appear more often...

Do you think Redd should appear more?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Redd definitely should come more often. He should also improve the lighting inside his boat. It's too dark in there which makes it difficult to see the art work and statues clearly.

He's only been on my island once after the very first time showing up and he was selling all fakes-

Has anyone trying resetting after loading?

Open game, check the map. No Redd, reset? I would be worried autosave would pop up too fast.

According to a Dataminer, Sahara, Kicks, and Leif are guaranteed to appear every week.

The other two slots are shared between CJ/Flick, Label, Gulliver, and Redd.

That means that there is a 50% chance that Redd will appear each week.

I've only gotten him twice since the update and the first time he had nothing but fakes. Getting sick of how often Lief appears because he doesn't offer much unique after you buy a bunch of starters at once. Not until the next update with new bushes.

I'm hoping eventually some combination of Kicks, Leif, and Label get their own shops or join up with existing shops so it takes them out of the special villager pool... making it more likely to get Redd.

I sure hope they do, if we get more visitors to the island and they still don’t have have shops we may never see Redd lol.

...but I haven't heard of anyone having Gulliver go missing for several weeks...so, probably not.
Me. He finally came last week after being MIA for three weeks straight. He’s only been on my island four times total, so half the possible weeks. It’s just RNG. It’ll work out in the end.

I hope he comes so you can get something bold and brash
028854F4-8BD3-4C89-978E-D5F75428BFA6.jpeg

Art is the only thing I want to rush out and get done right away. Rather save those next months from suffering. The fact that he isn’t guaranteed to come every week and he could also sell all fakes basically got me to do online trading to get art out of the way.

yes, i would love if he came more often. the only aspects of museum collecting i really enjoy (despite wanting to finish my museum asap) are the fish and bugs, so seeing my empty art section really bothers me! i want to get it done and over with instead of it being a long painful process in which he only comes once a month or so. he hasn't even shown up at my island since the update.

Definitely agree. I think it would've been nice if they swapped him out with one of the other three "guaranteed" merchants (Saharah, Kicks, Leif) for at least a little while, just so people could start building up their museums. I've only seen him twice, and as a big art nerd, that's really disappointing.

I think you're confusing "challenging" with tedious, tbh.

There's not much of a challenge in waiting an eternity to complete the museum.

A challenge would require actual effort on your behalf.

It's a challenge to catch all the bugs or fish...because, you need to do the work to catch them. It's a challenge to pay off your loan, because you need to make those bells. It's a challenge to design your island to look nice...because, it is time consuming and labor-intensive. But, waiting for something that might never happen is far from a challenge in my opinion. We don't need Redd on a guaranteed weekly schedule like Daisy Mae. But...we definitely need the rotation tweaked a bit. There's not much of a challenge in sitting and doing nothing while we wait for a completely random appearance that might not happen for a whole month...especially when some people get him often, and others don't. That's just unfair, tbh. The game needs to be better balanced than that.

yeah. i agree. it's not a challenge when it comes down to just luck. ac is obviously full of RNG, but you have to do something before you get that RNG result (that's a challenge), this is the opposite. you HAVE to wait for RNG to come before you get a result.

like i get the game is meant to be played long term but i don't tt myself, and the way i see it, if they don't fix this like the campsite spawn rate... you'll take like 4-5 years lol which doesn't make sense when we have more to do as updates will come in the next 3 years

I swear I think Nintendo wants us to complete the Art Museum in 5 years. 43 art pieces and his stuff can be all fakes sometimes. I have only gotten Redd twice. The first initial update, then 3 days after that and all his stuff was fake.
This thread made me feel abit better though since I thought it was just my poor luck. 3 weeks and no Redd. :(

He came to mine yesterday and the only genuine one he had was the one he sold me the first day he came...

Added a poll to the thread.

Now almost 3 weeks without seeing Redd.... getting really frustrated :(. Especially since I keep seeing Saharah and Leif so much.

100% agree with you. For some reason, he's rarer than the other visitors. He's the one I look forward to the most as well! Not only do I want more art for the museum (which looks amazing in this game) but I have fun finding out which artwork is fake/real and I've just always really liked Redd in general. Saharah and Leif are by far the most common for me as well. Nothing wrong with them, I just don't need that many shrubs and carpets! :p

Back