• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Poor Cyd and Megan

I had Megan as one of my starter villagers. Design-wise she's cute but personalitywise just bland. I had her and Fauna at the same time and it was the video game equivalent of talking to Wonder Bread. I ended up letting her go since I didn't like the starter house.

I just really wish there was some Punk or Loner personality for all these guys that don't really match up to the Cranky personality.

I think about this every time Spike says ‘gabberflasted’ and ‘dadburn’ and ‘what in tarnation’ etc etc Lol. The grandpa personality works for some of the crankies, not so much for others

UGHHHHHH Please tell me this thread isn't about to make me get another switch just so I can have another island for Cyd, Megan, and Reneigh?

In all seriousness, I picked Cyd and Reneigh out as my faves from the eight newbies to NH from very early on. Cyd's got some of those cranky vibes, but as others have pointed out he's also really laid-back and I love his red and black coloring paired with that purple mohawk.

Reneigh is honestly something I can't explain. Everything about her design is simply perfect. I LOVE how they did her eyes, she looks like she could be a character from Night in the Woods (Along with Jacques, another one of my faves) and the way her pinkish blonde hair goes over one of her eyes? Perfection.

Cyd was actually my favorite out of all the new villagers. I originally thought he would be smug looking at him, but I suppose cranky fits him as well. Megan I thought was an older villager returning from the Gamecube era. It's sad because I like her color scheme, I think she'd be more popular as a cub, people don't seem to give a lot of love to the larger bears.

I like the way Cyd looks. I think Reneigh has the best design out of all the new villagers. Megan I don't really like that much and I've ran into her so much. She looks like a giant carebear and I think her design overall gives off a creepy stuffed toy vibe.

I've had a lot of the new villagers (Sherb, Judy, Audie, Megan) come through my island but Megan is my One True Baby of them all. When she gave me her photo, I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day. That said, I think the whole batch of new villagers is very likable overall. I admit that I am not crazy about Audie though, because I just don't vibe with wolves very much.

I actually really like how Cyd looks, if my town wasn't full I would have invited him if I ever saw him/adopted for a good price. I like that there's a punk-ish vibe for a cranky. I don't even really like elephants as a species but Cyd is cool. The only thing that puts me off is his mouth, but it's like that for all elephants except Ellie who I'm okay with for some reason. Idk why but the elephants mouths are just so weird. They don't look 'correct' or natrual, they look so out of place for me. Even when the mouth is under the truck I still find it very unsettling. I wish the elephants didn't have mouths and talk throu their trucks and their trunk would move as they talked, similar to the anteaters. I know that anteater snoot is their mouth but still.

Megan thou, I find so vanilla. Her design is very basic, which fits her basic boring normal personality. If I ever got her from a random move-in I would find someone to adopt her cause she def would not be staying. I don't dislike the bear species, but I dislike her for both personality and design.

megan’s adorable! i’ve never had her, personally, but i like how she looks like a giant carebear aha. i know her design’s pretty simplistic and she doesn’t stick out very much but i definitely think she deserves more love!

cyd’s pretty cool, too! i’ve never had him, either, but i like his design! he’s definitely one of the better looking crankies for me c’:

Last edited:
I feel bad for Megan, because she is a cutie. I have run into her a couple of times on island hops. Felt bad for turning her down, but she's not really a villager I plan on having on my island, since the bears are not one of my first choices of species.

As for Cyd- He's not my style at all, since I don't care for the elephants and I don't really like his design. But I do agree that he's underrated and deserves more attention.

Megan is one of my favorite villagers. She moved to my town so I didn't have to hunt her down. Love her design and her eyes and facial expressions are heart melting. I agree with others, she looks great in almost any outfit you give her. Here's an older picture with one of my favorite Megan outfits. 🥰
103649335_10218324943970033_3928531810401526446_o.jpg

true, i think cyd is super cute and underrated! but i never see either of these villagers

this thread was a wild ride for me because i had no idea who megan was. i had to look her up. i feel like ive lost my mind because i legit dont remember her being a new villager at all lol

she is cute! cyd is neat too. i have three of the new villagers on my island, sherb (my fave who i wasn't looking for while island hopping but couldn't pass up), judy (who i actually didn't like much but...found while island hopping and couldnt pass up, lol. she's a permanent resident on two of my partners' islands and i thought it was funny) and reneigh (who i WAS looking for when i got the other two, and who popped up at my campsite the day after sherb moved in). i ADORE reneigh and wish she got more love, her design is amazing

Cyd was one of those characters for me that, on paper, didn’t strike too many chords with me. But once I found him on a NMT hunt and saw the amazingly cool elephant man for what he is? I fell in love! My original plan for my second island was to have Spike as my cranky. But to be honest, Spike and Cyd make the best punk duo! I can’t have one without the other. They’re neighbors now.

What’s even more unexpected was that I found myself favoring Cyd over my original cranky choice! Like what many posters said, his color scheme is on point. My favorite thing about him, though, are his eyes and facial expressions! The expressions is what I like most about another new villager, Dom.

El2o3kTU8AAQiBl
El2o3kjU8Ac_j2h

El2ny7nVcAAKwYs
El2st9FVoAAkuJ1

My takeaway from all of this is do not judge a villager by their art or official render. They may look even better in-game!

Last edited:
cyd is one of my favorite crankies! i want him so much. deffs a dreamy. i just love villagers with punk aesthetics like cyd. hoping to move coach out soon and then go searching for cyd!!

It's kinda a shame that they both barely getting any attention. They got pushed pretty fast into the background thanks to the popularity of Raymond, Audie, Dom and Sherb (Reneigh managed to get at least a bit attention, although she's still underrated). Megan's such a sweetheart with an adorable design, Cyd became in general one of my favorite elephant villagers. Maybe one day more people will give them a chance and they getting a place in the spotlight.

I wonder if they will add their amiibos eventually or not.. and if they're going to bring back Nosegay..?

I really like Megan. I currently have her on my island. I know she is "plain" but She is really cute and I like purple. (Also for those Lisa Frank fans out there, she is perfect for that kind of an island)

Neither of them really do anything for me nor go with any of the themes I've based my towns or island around. I don't dislike them, I actually think Cyd looks pretty neat and would consider having him in one of my games eventually, but he's sort of low on the list of priorities. There are still other villagers I've never had in any of the games who are of much higher priority, and even among his peers among the New Horizons newcomers, I'd sooner opt for Reneigh, Audie (if they give her house a different interior design in a future game), or Raymond (and maybe Dom). As for Megan, she's not bad, but she's too bland for me personally. I tend to like my villagers to have unique aspects, which she doesn't really bring to the table.

I wonder if they will add their amiibos eventually or not..
Probably, yeah. It seems like it would be an odd decision for them not to do so at some point.

and if they're going to bring back Nosegay..?
I'd say this isn't particularly likely, but never say never.

I like Cyd, not a huge fan of Megan's design and I think she's normal personality? so she's just a bit bland to me overall

cyd is one of my favourites out of the new villagers though hes not a dreamie of mine. megan on the other hand is my least favourite design out of the new ones but i dont hate her or anything

Back