• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Poor Cyd and Megan

Ek5tumLVkAE-itY

EaO9Cm2UYAAd-PE

I have a Cyd.He's an unusual villager.He's a cranky but he's so laid back that if he didn't have that cranky baritone I'd think he was a different personality.I usually find him on the opposite side of the island from where he lives,sometimes crashed out on Kiki's log garden lounge.I had no idea he was unpopular and obscure.

I really like both of them! I think they both have really nice designs, and if I could fit any more villagers on my island, Cyd would be one of the first I would choose. :D

Megan was my starter normal, and she’s super cute! She would probably be more popular if she was a bear cub—I think a lot of people don’t like villagers that are taller than the player character. (Either that, or my irl best friend is unusual in that respect!)

Cyd is awesome. He was my favorite new villager when they were announced. I'm hoping I can get him in my new town soon.

yeah.... raymond, judy, and sherb were really the only ones that got super popular (oh, and audie. but not as much).
the others are pretty cool, not a h u g e fan of elephants, but it's sad to see them already overlooked and this is their first game, lol. I like how megan could almost be Judy's mom (they're practically identical, color-wise). and reneigh is probably -the- best sisterly.....
and dom?

WHY IS HE NOT WAAAYYY MORE POPULAR THAN UGLY RAYMOND?

I personally wouldn’t mind having either Cyd or Megan move to my island! I am a fan of most of the elephant villagers and Cyd is definitely one of them. I also love the fact that the bears are on the bigger side. They remind me of giant cuddly teddy bears that I just wanna snuggle with!

Cyd and Megan are so underrated is so sad. Especially cyd. I feel like he has a very nice character design, and he is such a gentle cranky. He definitely is in my top 3 favorite crankys

EVJLOGTUMAAV6M_.jpg

I love Cyd! I was looking for him for a while without even realizing he was a new addition to ACNH. When I saw that his name meant Punks in Japanese, I had to to get him.

I find Megan's expression slightly off-putting.

I never, ever judge villagers based on appearance alone but Cyd just looks so [insert intensifier] cool !! I have Kyle on my island at the moment, whom I've never come across before in any of my previous games, and he's great ... I really like Kyle and Cyd makes me think of a cross between him and Rasher, one of my all-time favourites !!

I love Megan! Once I saw some screenshots of her shared I became obsessed and ditched Kiki for her c: Such an underrated villager - she's essentially a massive Carebear!!

I don't care much about Cyd but I do love Megan's design. Cyd's design looks kinda lazy and boring but it's just my opinion. Megan has kawaii eyes and you can put great outfits on her.

I ran into Cyd on a mystery island tour once, but I didn't invite him to my island. Megan looks pretty cute, though

I had Cyd but didn’t care for him. I gave him to my friend who is cycling villagers. I never was a fan of elephants or bears. One or two elephants may be growing on me though thanks to @xara’s adorable screenshots and enthusiasm about them ^.^. Megan might be growing on me a little; I have been interested in Nate for awhile.

Nate is awesome! He was one of my first 3 that you build houses for, and at first I didn’t like him because of his green eyebrow, but then I got attached to him. He was the first to give me his photo, and I was very sad when he moved away. I let him go because I wanted to experience other lazies, but I still miss him

I freaking love Megan, she's my favorite of the newbies I just wishhhh she was peppy instead of normal

Megan's face sorta freaks me out. That said, any big googly eyed animals wig me out. Like Chrissy, Cookie, etc.

I like bears though, her design just.. is intense. Cyd is neat. He's not on my mighty needs list but I wouldn't pass him up.

Reneigh turned out to be a permanent resident. I generally not fond of horses (design wise) but she has this girly softness while still having a cool vibe. So I'm like, "yeah girl power!"

I also have Sherb on my island and I had to turn him into a psychopath because he's a bit boring, lol. He's gonna hafta walk the plank soon.

Cyd was one of the forced on my island villagers. took me forever to get him to move out. I just don't care for elephants in general

Ek5tumLVkAE-itY

EaO9Cm2UYAAd-PE

I have a Cyd.He's an unusual villager.He's a cranky but he's so laid back that if he didn't have that cranky baritone I'd think he was a different personality.I usually find him on the opposite side of the island from where he lives,sometimes crashed out on Kiki's log garden lounge.I had no idea he was unpopular and obscure.

I thought the same thing! He doesn't seem like a cranky to me because of the way I've seen him interact with my villagers, particularly the way I see him hyping up my other villagers and their hobbies. Maybe it's because Cyd lives near my main residential area, but he's always dancing to my music hobby villager's singing (he's music too) and I often see him zooming around the plaza with the play villagers. For an old man he's so active lol. I feel like he'd be a big brother personality if there was one. Cyd's definitely my favourite new villager!

Ec4IGDLU8AMvuer

Here he is hanging out with his lil bro Dizzy on his birthday :D

As for megan, I never really seen much about her at all but I do think she's cute! I felt bad for how little she was represented so I snuck her into one of the TBT fair banners 🤣

I've posted this before, but I used to have an all bear town in NL (I find them pretty hilarious to look at). So I've had every bear in the game at one point or another...and then they added Megan.

This is who I unsuccessfully island hop for every time I have an open plot. If anybody reading this has her and has no intention of keeping her, please drop me a line.

All these posts on Cyd make me sort of regret passing him up last hunt. I already have a Cranky, but I'm a sucker for the punk look. I just really wish there was some Punk or Loner personality for all these guys that don't really match up to the Cranky personality.

I keep trying to settle on who are my 10, but I'm too indecisive. Maybe one day I'll adopt him.

Back