• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokemon GB and GBA chat

Lightning_Alchemist

Bells
Well, because I've picked up my GBA and Pokemon Yellow again, I decided to make a thread about Pokemon GB/GBA. I also need some help with my Ruby and Emerald games.

Here's the start of my pokemon game status:

Yellow: Just beaten the 5th gym leader

Gold: restarted, training up to take on 1st gym

Ruby: beaten it, 2 minutes short of 100 hours played on it!

Emerald: I think just after you've beaten your rival for the 1st time. not sure, though.

Fire Red: Beaten.

Okay, so here's my 1 issue with Ruby and Emerald: 'The internal Battery has run dry'.
My sister's looked it up on yahoo, and she's found a few methods to replace it, but I'm thinking of just sending it to nintendo.

I'm trying to finish off fire red.
Here's my team (Yeah, It sucks):
Blastoise - 54
Dratini - 18
Seal - 30
Articuno - 50
Electrode - 34
Hitmonchan - 25

Some of them are low levels, Still training them.

Pokemon is too easy in my opinion.

Hoping Heart/ Gold etc. new ones will be harder.

I've got Gold and Ruby. My GBASP broke so I play on my DSLite. Sadly I can't play Gold... :(

MrCrazyDavis said:
srsly why does noone have Sapphire?
I have Sapphire <3

Recently I started playing Crystal again with my friend, and we read about something you can do in Blue and Red. So I started playing Blue, and I got Mew with a cool cheat <3 And now I have Mew on Crystal ^w^

Marcus said:

i've played it (japanese version) and its pretty easy.the older ones were a challenge,now they just rush and make it simple.

Mr.L said:
Marcus said:

i've played it (japanese version) and its pretty easy.the older ones were a challenge,now they just rush and make it simple.
They were never a challenge to a good player.

The only Pokemon game I don't own is Pokemon Red D= . But oh well, I'm not currently playing any pokemon right now

Exactly, all you have to do even if you're extremely underleveled is level up about 3 levels and you can win anything. I was hoping HG/SS would be the hardest yet, but they made it like G/S/C, having level 35-ish pokemon in the Elite Four. Falker's toughest pokemon was a lv 9 Pidgeotto, and all you needed to beat it was a Geodude, Dunsparce, Zubat, or just get your team to level 10.

EDIT: *Gloats at Niko because Crazy has all of the RPG ones and most of the others, like Coloesseum etc :p*

MrCrazyDavis said:
Exactly, all you have to do even if you're extremely underleveled is level up about 3 levels and you can win anything. I was hoping HG/SS would be the hardest yet, but they made it like G/S/C, having level 35-ish pokemon in the Elite Four. Falker's toughest pokemon was a lv 9 Pidgeotto, and all you needed to beat it was a Geodude, Dunsparce, Zubat, or just get your team to level 10.

EDIT: *Gloats at Niko because Crazy has all of the RPG ones and most of the others, like Coloesseum etc :p*
Yeah, that is HG/SS in a nutshell, and nice job getting all of the RPG ones :p .

Nikoking said:
MrCrazyDavis said:

Yeah, that is HG/SS in a nutshell, and nice job getting all of the RPG ones :p .
All I can remember from when I was 4, and when Sapphire came out. I had two copies of Sapphire, the first I had a Swampert knowing Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Dive and Dig. The second is the one I have now. And when I was 4, I had Blue, and all I remember is this.
42.png

Marcus said:

There not really, I've beaten it as I have my own copy and got it the day it came out when I had my visit to Japan.

Josh. said:
I'm trying to finish off fire red.
Here's my team (Yeah, It sucks):
Blastoise - 54
Dratini - 18
Seal - 30
Articuno - 50
Electrode - 34
Hitmonchan - 25

Some of them are low levels, Still training them.
Train the dratini, it'll help. I just recently played through fire red so I could get a mewtwo with decent IV's...Anywho, back to dratini, ya, so I evolved it into a dragonite before I took on the elite four, and it helped out a ton. Oh ya, her was my team when I took on the elite four.

Charizard-45
Raichu-45
Hitmonlee-45
Gyradose-45
Dragonite-55
Kadabra-45

I made sure all my pokes were at least level 45 before going into the elite four, and I didn't use any legends because I always play through the elite four without legends(it makes it better imo), then I use them =)

Back