• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokemon GB and GBA chat

Lightning_Alchemist

Bells
Well, because I've picked up my GBA and Pokemon Yellow again, I decided to make a thread about Pokemon GB/GBA. I also need some help with my Ruby and Emerald games.

Here's the start of my pokemon game status:

Yellow: Just beaten the 5th gym leader

Gold: restarted, training up to take on 1st gym

Ruby: beaten it, 2 minutes short of 100 hours played on it!

Emerald: I think just after you've beaten your rival for the 1st time. not sure, though.

Fire Red: Beaten.

Okay, so here's my 1 issue with Ruby and Emerald: 'The internal Battery has run dry'.
My sister's looked it up on yahoo, and she's found a few methods to replace it, but I'm thinking of just sending it to nintendo.

I'm trying to finish off fire red.
Here's my team (Yeah, It sucks):
Blastoise - 54
Dratini - 18
Seal - 30
Articuno - 50
Electrode - 34
Hitmonchan - 25

Some of them are low levels, Still training them.

Pokemon is too easy in my opinion.

Hoping Heart/ Gold etc. new ones will be harder.

I've got Gold and Ruby. My GBASP broke so I play on my DSLite. Sadly I can't play Gold... :(

MrCrazyDavis said:
srsly why does noone have Sapphire?
I have Sapphire <3

Recently I started playing Crystal again with my friend, and we read about something you can do in Blue and Red. So I started playing Blue, and I got Mew with a cool cheat <3 And now I have Mew on Crystal ^w^

Marcus said:

i've played it (japanese version) and its pretty easy.the older ones were a challenge,now they just rush and make it simple.

Mr.L said:
Marcus said:

i've played it (japanese version) and its pretty easy.the older ones were a challenge,now they just rush and make it simple.
They were never a challenge to a good player.

The only Pokemon game I don't own is Pokemon Red D= . But oh well, I'm not currently playing any pokemon right now

Exactly, all you have to do even if you're extremely underleveled is level up about 3 levels and you can win anything. I was hoping HG/SS would be the hardest yet, but they made it like G/S/C, having level 35-ish pokemon in the Elite Four. Falker's toughest pokemon was a lv 9 Pidgeotto, and all you needed to beat it was a Geodude, Dunsparce, Zubat, or just get your team to level 10.

EDIT: *Gloats at Niko because Crazy has all of the RPG ones and most of the others, like Coloesseum etc :p*

MrCrazyDavis said:
Exactly, all you have to do even if you're extremely underleveled is level up about 3 levels and you can win anything. I was hoping HG/SS would be the hardest yet, but they made it like G/S/C, having level 35-ish pokemon in the Elite Four. Falker's toughest pokemon was a lv 9 Pidgeotto, and all you needed to beat it was a Geodude, Dunsparce, Zubat, or just get your team to level 10.

EDIT: *Gloats at Niko because Crazy has all of the RPG ones and most of the others, like Coloesseum etc :p*
Yeah, that is HG/SS in a nutshell, and nice job getting all of the RPG ones :p .

Nikoking said:
MrCrazyDavis said:

Yeah, that is HG/SS in a nutshell, and nice job getting all of the RPG ones :p .
All I can remember from when I was 4, and when Sapphire came out. I had two copies of Sapphire, the first I had a Swampert knowing Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Dive and Dig. The second is the one I have now. And when I was 4, I had Blue, and all I remember is this.
42.png

Marcus said:

There not really, I've beaten it as I have my own copy and got it the day it came out when I had my visit to Japan.

Josh. said:
I'm trying to finish off fire red.
Here's my team (Yeah, It sucks):
Blastoise - 54
Dratini - 18
Seal - 30
Articuno - 50
Electrode - 34
Hitmonchan - 25

Some of them are low levels, Still training them.
Train the dratini, it'll help. I just recently played through fire red so I could get a mewtwo with decent IV's...Anywho, back to dratini, ya, so I evolved it into a dragonite before I took on the elite four, and it helped out a ton. Oh ya, her was my team when I took on the elite four.

Charizard-45
Raichu-45
Hitmonlee-45
Gyradose-45
Dragonite-55
Kadabra-45

I made sure all my pokes were at least level 45 before going into the elite four, and I didn't use any legends because I always play through the elite four without legends(it makes it better imo), then I use them =)

Back